
Join Here
Friday, December 5th 2008
12:01 A. M.
I'm posting today our dining room table top. The linen table cloth is cross stitched for the holiday. No, I didn't do the stitiching. I purchased this at the antique mall a few weeks ago for $10, originally $40! There was a stain on the fringe and I bargained for the price I got because of it. I told the propietor [a man] that the stain most likely wouldn't come out and it was worthless. But I soaked it for about 3 days in Shout™ and the stain was removed. Besides, with our cats sitting on the table looking out the windows, it really made no difference to me for the fact we rarely use the table to actually consume food there. [We're in the living room these days when it's just the two of us mostly.] Hey! ---I got it for 75% off, no problem! So, on with the show....





- - -
And the Santa Tree. He's all resin; stands about 10" from base to tree-top hat. All set in a 'pine dress'. The photos, all of them on this post can be enlarged and will open in a new window.




Oh, Anni, I love your resin Santa tree. I just have to find one like it. Fast chance huh? It is adorable.
ReplyDeleteThe tablecloth is lovely. You got a real bargain there.
You have some of the most delightful Christmas decorations. Thanks so much for sharing.
Blessings,
Mary
Wonderful bargin on that table cloth. Love the santa too.
ReplyDeleteI'm beginning to get the spirit. Maybe by this time next week I'll get those gifts wrapped, and deck these halls.
Enjoy.
Great deal on the table cloth. Very festive. Looks like you're creating a very merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI like the table cloth. Of course, I like just about anything red and just about anything Christmas-y.
ReplyDeleteyou find the most amazing things. as bargains too. happy decorating!
ReplyDeleteWow, everything is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWow1 Anni love the red cloth and what a great bargain, Im going to look for a santa tree likes yours we have a Christmas shop here in yarra, and our big christmas markets on this weekend, so I might be able to find one..I have a couple of resin santa,s..havent put them out yet..
ReplyDeleteWhat a great buy wonderful stitching.
ReplyDeleteThe tablecloth is wonderful! I love it. And Shout is a wonderful product!
ReplyDeleteThe Santa tree is adorable.
I wish I had something ready to go under the tree! But so far I have only purchased two things - for guess who? The twinnies of course! But I don't dare put them out - they'd be ripped open immediately, I fear!
Have a great day - the day opened with 0 degrees. But up to the 40s today and high 50s tomorrow - what a crazy place we live! Do you ever get back to Colorado??
Hi Annie, I do love the tablecloth! I love embroidery of all kinds and that tablecloth is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteManuela
The cloth is lovely! But I LOOOOOOVE that Santa Tree! That is toooo cute! Where EVER did you find that!?
ReplyDeleteYour tablecloth is really pretty- love the red. I've never seen a Santa tree like that. So neat.
ReplyDeletePS--I've had great results getting stains out by soaking in Oxiclean/water also:)
Linda C
Your tablecloth is very pretty and I love the Santa tree.
ReplyDeleteMelli: To answer your question. I can't remember the name of the store now, this santa tree is about 25+ years old now, but I bought it in Colorado at a small strip mall. I'm sure that by now the store is defunct as most small specialty shops go 'under' these days. He was so cute, I couldn't resist getting him of course. Glad you like him!!!
ReplyDelete~...Anni
Love the tablecloth...very nice!
ReplyDeleteHo, Ho, Ho, Love it!
ReplyDeleteI am sure your cats are very thankful for such a beautiful table cloth, lol ! You really did a bargain there ! I put all our advent stuff up today and now I fall into pieces ! Christmas tree is only coming 2 weeks before at the earliest. I bought some cute new little things, I am into angels this year, don't know what happens to me !
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful decorations! Those will get anyone into the Christmas spirit :)
ReplyDeleteCute Santa tree! I love your blog decor, and thanks for the gift!
ReplyDeleteKatherine
Anni,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great find! It is perfect. I love it.
When you have time, come see what I just found at a thrift store!
Blessings,
Elizabeth
I see your blog has gone all 'merry' :) Love it! What a pretty table cloth, neat detail, and the Santa tree is too cool! Perfect match:)
ReplyDeletewhat a great find, love the detail on it, hope you have awonderful Christmas!
ReplyDeleteHelen
Anni, I have an award for you at my blog: A Beautiful Holiday Blog award! Your blog is to die for!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your home is just gorgeous! We haven't started decorating yet. My daughter promised to put up the tree when she gets home from school today, so at least that will be done.
ReplyDeleteLove your Santa holiday blog decoration!! And that tablecloth was a BARGAIN!! and pretty, too. I love hand-stitched things from yesteryear!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Becky
Beautiful decorations.
ReplyDeleteZaroga
That is really a very pretty tablecloth, but the Santa, now he's my fave :0). He's so unique! I want one now :0)
ReplyDeleteMe again - next time you're coming to this neck of the woods, let me know! As you know, I'm smack in the middle of all those eastern slope places!
ReplyDeleteDawn: Will do!!!! Will do. :o)
ReplyDelete~...Anni
That tablecloth is beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat find on the tablecloth. Looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is beautiful! It makes me want to decorate my blog for Christmas. Congratulations on the much-deserved award from Mary T.
ReplyDeleteThe tablecloth really was a bargain. Very nice.
You're the most creative blogger I know! These are lovely holiday things ;--)
ReplyDeleteI did Haiku on all three blogs today ... I'd already written & scheduled Sky Watch Haiku Friday at the new WordPress blog and one about 'Gratitude' at Small Reflections ... so I shared your lovely gift at Sacred Ruminations today.
Hugs and blessings,
Great red tablecloth...great price...I am not a good haggler at all! I envy those who are...
ReplyDeleteWarm wishes,
Susie
I real like your red table cloth mainly the stitching around the edges.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on.
Cool tablecloth, it's very retro!
ReplyDeleteYour tree is too cool, but I love
ReplyDeletethe tablecloth and the deal! You
get the best deals, I need to shop
with you!!!! I bet you know all the
best place to go to also!!
Jewelgirl :)
Good bargain, Anni. Love the Santa Tree...very cute.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your award and it is certainly the most festive blog I have seen...
ReplyDeleteHey there Anni:
ReplyDeleteI love the new look of your blog. Your decorations look great too!
So pretty, Anni! I love the stitch work and you got a wonderful deal on it!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Dear Anni,
ReplyDeleteI so love that tablecloth and what a great deal you got on it...an added bonus that you were able to get that stain out! Also love that Santa tree, what a delightful addition to your collection:-) That's it, I'm picking up Mary and we're going to go visit you so that we could go see all your decorations!!!! hehe xoxo
gorgeous table cloth. That's really christmasy
ReplyDelete