
About | Theme: "COLORFUL" | Roll
Next week "wrinkled"
Let me introduce our newest 'family' member. Cledus Bodene






And his side-kick
Dudley DOOrightHe's a cute addition to the family, don't you think? rofl Our two cats aren't too sure of him tho! But, they'll get used to him in time. Bud said "You gotta name him!" So, I laid awake all night last night [figuratively] thinking up a perfect and charming name to go along with his 'cuteness'. It coulda been Clem...but nothing fit well with that name except for Kadiddlehopper, and I didn't want that. And being a southerner now, I thought he needed two names -kinda like Billy Ray and Bobby Joe, y'know? I even thought of Willie Nelson...nah!! No way José! But the thought did cross my mind. We two do have an odd ritual of naming things --our car is even named. Sheila if you're interested. LOL
If you've stopped by here this past week, you will remember that I posted on Tuesday about being nearly finished. This has been my project for Autumn decor these past few weeks. It took me a while to get the pattern and directions printed out [the printer ink cartridges were dried out!] and deciphering the broken English terms and different use of symbols compared to the "American" version of crochet directions. It was a challenge from the very beginning...but, I stuck to it and proceeded with will and determination. After crocheting the pieces, then stuffing them with fiberfill, I stitched them together finally, and here he is...our very own Cledus Bodene [nice Southern 'ring' to his chosen name, don't you think?]. When he was completely assembled by me, I used a certain gauge wire through his arms to keep them outstretched. Then, a #4 dowel through the body and drilled a #4 notch in the baseboard [stained with satin finish] and used wood glue to hold him upright. At Michael's I also bought some small Autumn leaves for the 'final touch'. Now, I'm wondering if I can actually try to make another one...I miss working on it. It's funny how you get so involved in a project like this, that when it's done, you feel lost --'with nothing to do'.
Maybe I can construe the pattern somewhat, change the color combinations and make a witch doll that can sit. You know me and my fascination with witches for Halloween, right? I collect them. And they only come out once a year for a month. [I just found a really cool, cute one, that is a votive candle burner at Ross! That'll be another blog someday.]
The colors used:
Leaf Green for his hat. Blue denim for hat band
Crow: black, yellow and flesh
Jacket: Forest Green for raglan sleeves and lavender for vest/bodice
Lower Body: flesh
Pants: Blue denim
Straw: Lemon Yellow
Face: Pumpkin Orange, flesh to make the pom pom nose -black for lip embroidery stitch
Patches: Magenta, white, light turquoise, dark turquoise and burnt orange [stitched on with black]
PS - next week? Wrinkled? Hmmmmm, a self portrait then? [kidding!]
Cledus Bodene is a handsome one!!! beautiful work, Anni, very colorful too :)
ReplyDeleteLOL, I thought of a self portrait for next week's theme too, then I thought maybe my wrist? or knees?? :D
Happy PH and happy weekend!!
oh i love this! so creative! happy weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteCertainly a colourful little guy.
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend, Anni
Hi Anni. I had a nasty flu and missed last week's PH. I'm happy to be back.
ReplyDeleteCledus Bodene is a nice name with a ring to it. He's really cute! I admire your creativity. It's nice that he even has a little friend on top of his hat.
Nice tameetcha, Cledus Bodene and Dudley Dooright. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great project, and just right for Fall! All that wire and pieces of dowel sure do sound painful for Cledus though, LOL! ;-)
Have a great weekend, Anni.
Love and hugs,
Diane
Oh boy - we're getting ready for Halloween! Yippeeee!
ReplyDeleteLove your colorful Cledus Bodene and his trusty side-kick!!! Very sweet and halloweeny!
(you know me and halloween!) *S*
Happy week sweetie
L
So, so cute. I love him.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to your new addition - oh so cute!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend.
that's some gorgeous piece of work and very colorful too!! good job. :) thanks for stopping by mine.
ReplyDeleteYou've crocheted Cledus Bodene, cute and colorful, and a sweet addition to the family.
ReplyDeleteGreat piece of work! I am just a beginner at Crochet, and mastering the types of stitches.
Photohunter Theme: Colorful
Raksha Bandhan Festival in Mumbai
Have a great weekend!
I LOVE fall. My favorite season. Great photos, and a fun creation! Thanks for stopping by my site, as well.
ReplyDeleteYou are just too, too colourful for words LOL.
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend is just as colourful.
Wow! That's cute! I'm glad you got it done in time for this week though because it's just so appropriate. How long did it take you to make?
ReplyDeleteThanks for introducing us to Cledus btw :)
wow those are lovely...
ReplyDeleteGreat entry for this week's theme.. very clever
That is pretty and colorful picture. Happy hunting!
ReplyDeleteVery creative and colorful!
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend =D
WOW! Those are surely COLORFUL photos! Love it too:) Happy Weekend!
ReplyDeleteHe's adorable! Love your new theme, which is full of the colors for autumn!
ReplyDeleteYou are very talented! He is a cutie. Drop by.
ReplyDeleteHe turned out wonderfully! Thanks for sharing! I'm ready for fall myself. Love the fall colors. This will be our first fall in Georgia. Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteWow.. that's beautiful! Well.. you can name him anything except John Doe (a term for an unidentified victims :P
ReplyDeleteCledus Bodene? That's one name that I don't think I can pronounce properly.. haha :P
http://crizcats.blogspot.com/
They look very detailed and they are adorable!!! I love the names.
ReplyDeletei used to be afraid of scarecrows especially because i watched this horror movie when i was young about a scarecrow. but yours is so cute that i find it so wholesome!
ReplyDeleteSo cute ;)
ReplyDeleteThey are indeed very colorful!
ReplyDeleteGday Dear Anni.. I love him and his so colourful..im going to try make him when i finish my Afgans
ReplyDeleteThis is the first tinme I am posting a comment, but I have to try.
ReplyDeleteyour Cledus Bodene is sooooo wonderful and colorful, and you are so talented.
Now that you have finished him, don't you think he should have a girlfriend sitting in front of him? "sss"
I admire the effort and time to produce such a great craft....
ReplyDeleteHahahaha... Cledus... love it! Definitely has some Southern connotations! And I know many "colorful" Southerners... hehehe! ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by & leaving some love for my "colorful" photos. Have a great weekend!
http://lorivillarreal.typepad.com/do_you_realize/2008/08/photo-hunt-saturday--colorful.html
HE is absolutely adorable! And I think the name is perfect! I was just getting ready to ask if you MADE him when you got to the part about the patterns! You did GREAT!!! I know you are proud of him - and should be! Just darling!
ReplyDeleteAnni,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE him and also his name. What an imagination you have. This is a lovely project and you did a terrific job. I love the base and the autumn leaves around it.
I always find something here to brighten my day. Have a good one.
Blessings,
Mary
Awww, he's adorable. I hear ya on trying to decipher UK crochet patterns when you're used to US though. When I was learning to crochet I found out there were two versions and forced myself to memorise both, but I *still* manage to get them mixed up.
ReplyDeleteYour Cledus Bodene (what a name ! If it would have been Bodenus it would be a roman !) very very cute !
ReplyDeleteI saw a stuffed cat today a rather big one and couldn't resist ! It's a cushion now it decorates my bed ! (childish some people would say !)
The name is as colorful as the doll! LOL.
ReplyDeleteI also did Photo Hunt. Come share your link! :) http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-colorful/
That is so sweeeeeet and the name is just as sweet ;O) He certainly is very colourful!
ReplyDeleteHe's great and I love his name! (Our cars are named Betty, Brian and Alfie.)
ReplyDeleteLove the name!! How cute is that! You sure did a great job on making this! WOW! love and hugs Grams
ReplyDeleteAnni, what an adorable little character and I love the name! You made this, it must have been difficult! It came out very nice! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, my! You're so talented! I haven't a crafty bone in my body. >8\
ReplyDeleteWe're so ready for fall. Summer, which was once my favourite season, gets harder to handle every year. ¡Vaya con Dios!
Oh how cute! I love the name that you picked out too. I thought right away when I saw him that he would be perfect for fall.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics for this week's theme! Such beautiful, vivid colors :)
ReplyDeletecolorfully cute! You got a new layout! Lovely yellow! (havent been photohunting for a while so for me this is new...
ReplyDeleteHave a colorful week!
I love all the colorful doll photos today! They’re so cute. I've been gone all morning connecting with an old friend ... but I enjoyed the COLORFUL theme so much this week that I participated twice: once this morning at SacredRuminations and the other at Small Reflections ;--)
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings,
Well, I have to say,'He's a handsome dude, for sure!'
ReplyDeleteNow- you got me thinking about fall- and it's too soon, judging by the hot weather we're still having!!
:)
Junie
Anni,
ReplyDeleteI haven't received any emails from you, but please try again. Send one to my ISP addy and a carbon copy to my yahoo. Then we can see if my ISP addy is working for you. I didn't find anything in my junk folder. My yahoo is malward2002@yahoo.ca
He looks so kikay (that a colloquial word in my country that could mean fun)! That word first came to my mind when I saw this fella -which I'm sure kid will love!
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday!
u r so talented. i may a klutz with all these creative stuff.
ReplyDeleteAhhh! So cute ... and colourful! The fall is on it's way, I saw a few leaves starting to change colour recently.
ReplyDeleteWith Cledus Bodene at home, I'm sure your family and days would be filled with colors :P
ReplyDeleteWishing you a colorful..............LIFE everyday!!! *wink*
Your newest addition to your family is indeed colorful and cute as can be. Happy weekend.
ReplyDeletethat is sooooo coooool!!!
ReplyDeletepls visit mine at http://www.joarduo.com/2008/08/photo-hunt-colorful.html
Lots and lots of color in your newest addition to your family. Nice choice, Anni
ReplyDeleteLove it, love it, love it!! I thought his sidekick is very cute! :-)
ReplyDeleteBut you're preparing for Autumn!! I'm still savoring the Summer!! (I hate the winter cold esp here in Boston!) LOL
I still love the photos. There. :-)
I just come now to visit you because yesterday my daughter needed her mother for shopping! Cledus Bodene is nice colorful little guy! you did a great great job creating him! Perharps now he would need a girlfriend...?
ReplyDeleteOoh what a colourful chap! Happy weekend
ReplyDeleteVERY lovely new member. Love it. And thanks for dropping by my blog (=
ReplyDeletevery colorful new family member!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Anni, I love your bright and colorful scarecrow..he is darling.....have a fun day...hugs, Baba
ReplyDeleteAnni, they are great. Very colourful and you must have had fun making them. Have a good Sunday.
ReplyDeleteHowdy, Cledus! Glad to meet ya!
ReplyDeleteMake sure you stay away from flying monkeys and witches with brooms on fire.
Baker
He's very colourful, and you're clever to make him. Well done Anni.
ReplyDeleteA very colorful guy added to the family!
ReplyDeleteWow! very colourful indeed :-)
ReplyDeleteColorful puppet! BTW, I love your new layout. :-)
ReplyDelete