my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






About | Theme: "BEAUTIFUL" | Roll
Next week "string[s]"


Nothing like a beautiful bride...and a beautiful bride gown! I love the Victorian Style of long ago. These two photos [made sepia for today] are of my Grandmother on my Dad's side of the family. My Dad's mom. Her wedding day. If I had my druthers I would choose a style of gown like this for my wedding if the ceremony would take place today.

I also clipped the photo to have a closeup of her beauty [to embiggen, click]. At least to me, she was beautiful. I only had a chance to know her for a short while...she died when I was very young, very very young!!








...~END PHOTO HUNT
[To skip the next part of my Saturday blog -my recent gift- CLICK HERE FOR COMMENT BOX]


<><><>

Dear Blog,

I'm using you as my diary for now. Forgive me, but I was quite excited with my gift, and last week I kept track of my progress! For my birthday this year, my daughter (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me.

Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Belinda, who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.

My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress; the blogging.

________________________________

MONDAY:
Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She is something of a Greek goddess - with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!

Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!

Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time she was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week-!!

________________________________


TUESDAY:
I drank a whole pot of coffee, I don't even drink coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then she put weights on it!

My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT-!! It's a whole new life for me.


_______________________________

WEDNESDAY:
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.

Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.

My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair monster. Why the hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an act of gravity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. She said some other sh!t too.

_______________________________


THURSDAY:
Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late - it took me that long to tie my shoes.

Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. She sent another skinny b!tch to find me.

Then, as punishment, she put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.


______________________________

FRIDAY:
I hate that b!tch Belinda more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic little cheerleader. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.

Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the damn barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.

The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

________________________________



SATURDAY:
Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her voice made me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.


________________________________

SUNDAY:
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little sh!t) will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy.

I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!


<><><>


Irene, the Green Greek, really made my day so filled with sunshine yesterday!! She presented me with this award and posted beautiful words for my benefit! Thank you, thank you! I really appreciate this all.
    'There are many ladies that make me smile and laugh and make my day. There are people who make me jump on my seat when I see their name in the comments.' She says of me: "Hootin' Anni , you're SO uplifting!"

48 comments :

  1. That's true your grandma was a beautiful woman I can tell that my grandma was one too ! These dresses are so romantic !
    I had already read this diary somewhere last year or more, it's really funny !
    I do Yoga once a week and like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear Anni, Love the wedding photo of grandmother She was a beautiful lady and love her dress.
    I have my grandparents and my husbands grandparents wedding pics on my wall..dont work to hard at those excercises..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bride and gown!!
    it's a beautiful weekend :)
    I am short of time for blogging :(
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Grandmother was a true beauty, love that gown. Thanks for making me smile, as always. I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej Anni
    Wonderful Pictures of bride and the gown
    beautiful!!
    My heart jumped with joy when first I read about you workout, but then I realized that you did not!!!
    I would never had followed that b'tch's commands, but then I am 100 years older than you, and my coach is an angel.HA-
    I can highly recommend her to you, but then you had to bicycle to Denmark once or twice a week.right?
    take it easy my friend and use the walks on the beach, breathe, and enjoy, AND always take the stairs instead of elevators "Grin"
    It is always fun to read your blog- Have a nice week-end my friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. o wow, that's a gorgeous wedding gown! ;) the lace must have been exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming sentiment. Anni. Nice pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these photos are lovely. Your grandmother was truly a beautiful bride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is truly beautiful! Lovely to have such photos still.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful portrait of the lady in Victorian dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merci du commentaire et du passage sur la photo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crikey - I loved the "gym" journal! lol
    That was SO good!

    Great photos for this week too - what a beautiful dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not a great fan of Health Clubs. Nothing you have written changes my opinion. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, that's a very beautiful gown. It was so great you were able to keep the picture!

    My "beautiful" pictures are posted in these blogs: Le Kulitszie Familie and Shutter Happy Moments. Please take a look if you're not so busy. Happy weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She would have looked perfect for my 100 word contribution. She is a beauty of her day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to have such pretty photos of your grandmother to remember her by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i agree that she's a beauty. i love this classic photo. it's a good thing you had preserved the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow... that must be a great collection. She's beautiful indeed.

    http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful. :) I wish I had more old photos from my family history.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful bride and dress. The old style is especially lovely for a bride, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You had a beautiful grandmother!! What a good picture for this word..Mine is about like yours..only family!! That is beautiful to me. I loved your work out diary!! Smile!! I worked out 4 times this past week and that is something for me. I am trying. I hate this weight...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photo. Of a beautiful bride and gown. I love old photos like that. It's great to have a piece of your families history, and to treasure it. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The dress is stunning and the diary is hilarious!! I'm still laughing away!!! LOL
    Happy weekend sweetie!
    Love
    L

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful photo of your garndma Anni. Perfect for this week's theme

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhhhhh your grandmother's gown is just gorgeous! Probably all hand stitched too! WOW! Realllllly beautiful!

    LadyBugCrossing had that Gym letter posted this week too! That is soooooooooo funny!

    Congrats on the latest award! :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love old photos like this, truly beautiful. I have a wedding theme also.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love old photos. This is a beautiful one!

    I did Photo Hunt today, too. :) http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-beautiful/

    ReplyDelete
  28. sallyacious8/30/2008

    Lovely. Lovely subject, lovely sentiment.

    Thanks for your kind comments on my entry today.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved your photo for today's theme Anni, but loved your gym story better. I'm sure it was an exaggeration and you loved every minute of it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, Anni. Of course you can come over and sit in my garden. I'd love it.

    Your grandmother was beautiful, and I love the dress!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anni,

    What a terrific post you have today. First that lovely photo of your beautiful grandmother and then the hilarious story about your gym adventure. I laughed so hard my stomach is sore, literally. I must have hubby read this one. He will laugh himself silly.

    I always enjoy visiting your blog. I never know what I will find here and today it was uplifting and inspirational. Don't know how I ever got by before I knew you.

    Blessings and hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is a precious photo of your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your grandmother was quite beautiful, as was her wedding gown. I love antique dresses as well.

    ReplyDelete
  34. great post, love those photo's very precious!
    view mine if you wish here thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely antique photo of your grandmother, Anni. Very beautiful!

    (funny gym story ~ snort)

    ReplyDelete
  36. awwwsss, that's a very beautiful portrait:) happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful indeed. BTW I read the diary, your gym ordeal - is it true? Hehhee. I was on the floor laughing - not not at you (if it were true) but I so love the humor.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your grandmother's picture. She was beautiful.

    The gym story was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love you wedding photos! She really was lovely. Great choice for beautiful! Your Health Club Week diary was hilarious!

    As always, I love it when you stop by for a visit. Saturdays are great.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great portrait. It's always so cool not only to have the old prints but also to know the stories behind them.

    Baker
    (Thanks for dropping by earlier and for the kind words)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful weddingdress on a beautiful woman. I love to see Victorian clothing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. darn tooting those were wedding dresses back then -- my friend's daughter's custom made knee-length wedding dress was bright green -- go figure is all I can say, go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  43. ROFL...I can so relate to that health club story! hehe

    Oh Anni, your grandmother was indeed very beautiful and I so love seeing old pictures like that, especially to see the style of that era. Her wedding dress was gorgeous!! I so wish I had pictures of my grandmothers when they got married but if there are some around, I don't know about them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oops, forgot to say congratulations to your most deserving award:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  45. Furry beautiful! We likes da sepia tone - romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I’m catching up on Photo Hunters today (as time permits). What lovely remembrances of your paternal Grandmother’s wedding gown. Quite beautiful and perfect for this week’s theme! I’m glad I didn’t miss it or your illustrated ‘exercise’ diary … and believe you’re right about the diamonds. Congratulations on the well-deserved award.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Anni. Your grandmother was beautiful. Thank you for sharing her lovely photos.

    That's a great gift. It must be nice to have a personal trainer to guide you through.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

.