“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







About | Theme: "WHAT is THIS?" | Roll
Next week "Hanging"



Shoot me!!! Shoot me now!!!

I take a trip to Michael's Craft Shop for a hurricane lamp chimney. I find that; have it in my cart. But...I spied something else. And it wasn't on my list of things to buy! Yet...





So, I get it home, and by that time I've forgotten the reason I went to Michael's in the first place, excited? You betch'ur sweet patootie. I begin to unwrap 'em There are three items! Small items!!



What IS this? Do you have a guess yet? Something I live for!...[hint]






It's a passion of mine! See anything yet? What IS it? Give up?! Do ya? Huh, huh, huh?




Scroll down a bit!....What I bought is revealed. Kinda like lettin' the "Cat out of the bag"!








Like, uh....I really, really need these! Ya, right! Golly, but they were cute! Hear no evil, Speak no evil, See no evil dudes!!!! Irresistible, huh?



- - -



So, getting out of Michael's, next door in the strip mall is Ross. I love that store too. I like to go in there and look for the blown glass dolphins for my collection [obsessions]. I put the Halloween skeletons in the trunk along with my lamp chimney, lock 'er up, and walk back to Ross's. Yummy store. Especially for knick knacks. Oh boy...did I say shoot me? Well, yep, you guessed it. They were just putting out fiber optic witches. I picked up two...identical. I got twin witches now for Halloween for the low low price of....well, I'm not tellin'!! And then, for a good price [$3 a piece], I picked up a couple of Jack O Lantern covered dishes. Glass, good for candy, candy, candy!!!

Hoooo boy. Fun, fun, fun! And it's only July for crying up a crutch. School supplies haven't even reached the shelves in our area yet!!! Me? Complaining? Not on your life!

~...end Photo Hunt
[scroll below my Movie 'review' below for commenting]
OR - Click HERE to skip the movie review, and comment!

<><><>

Friday was opening day of a long awaited Summer Blockbuster, The Dark Knight. It is the 2nd of the 'new' Batman. The previews and long wait for its release had me excited to see it. To me, it was good, but only mediocre! Rumor has it that the Academy of Arts and Sciences will more than likely nominate Heath Ledger as the "Joker" posthumously. I must admit he did a 'bang-up' job for the character. A bang-up job. By the time we got to the theater at 10:30 a.m. for the 1st showing at 11, it was sold out already so we had to wait another hour to get into the 2nd theater. Guess everyone in town has been waiting as I. Yet, about 15 minutes into the movie, after the bank heist, the joker uses a school bus for his get-away vehicle. It comes plummeting through the bank exterior walls and falls right into place with several other school buses. Right then and there I was asking myself "Why didn't the driver of the bus behind him radio this into the police dispatcher?" Odd, when all the city was alert of the crime coming down!!! It was good, but not as good as the first in my opinion. Still, all in all it is worth seeing if you enjoyed the first movie with Christian Bale as Batman in Batman Begins. [My rating 3 -maybe 3 1/2 out of 5]

49 comments :

  1. Anni,

    Hallowe'en decorations already? Now I want to go to Michaels just to see if they have Hallowe'en decorations out. Seems a bit early but I'm glad you were able to get these cute little skeletons. And the fiber optic witches? They're great. I'm awaiting Hallowe'en eagerly, wanting to see photos of your decorations. Of course that is wishing away the warm weather because by the time Hallowe'en arrives, it is getting cold here and then the next thing we know, we will be shoveling snow. LOL

    Enjoyed your post and your review of Batman.
    Blessings for a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool halloween goodies my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha yes i like that 3 skeletons!! hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil!...Cool..

    We caught the Dark Knight last night and it was AWESome!!! We were so glued to the screen!!!!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ! you bought already for Halloween, lol ! I don't even think of automn that's the worst season for me. I would have bought these little skeletons too, but for the whole year, they are really cute !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... those are so cute... we don't have a place to put those though even if I were to follow your lead and get them hehe... Haven't had the chance to see the new Batman movie, tickets are sold out in the better movie houses here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photo's Anni, love the skeletons :-)
    view mine if you wish here thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guessed skeletons right from the first shot! But... I KNOW you and HALLOWEEN!!! What ELSE could possibly excite you so much?! LOL! Those ARE adorable! I think even I would have been excited about them! So... is the house decorated yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. See no evil, hear no evil, say no evil!! Those are really cute :P Great buy I would say though :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those knick knacks - they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your so funny i do love hear see and speak no evil things (I an looking for frogs like that)but skeletons lol i also love ross

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good take on the theme and I didn't guess what you got. They are great. I also like Michaels although the one near me closed and I haven't been to the one farther away yet. There's still one within 15 minutes from me so I don't mean a great distance but it was a drag when the one 2 minutes away closed. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post is so entertaining! Love the stages we walked before the answers were revealed! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. II love that set of evil dudes! I would have bought it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the little dudes! Can't wait for Batman to be released over here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a couple of glass dolphins from Venice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anni, you got some cute things while shopping..I like the three skeletons.. have a good day..

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the three dudes!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. We don't have a Michael's here in the Philippines (or none that I know of) but I am glad a friend always bring me craft projects whenever she comes to visit from Canada :)
    My eldest daughter would those guys. The son has been bugging me about seeing the movie since last week.

    Have a great weekend,Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really cute! I guess (reading the comments) you are a fan of Halloween! The little squeletons will the best friends waiting halloween season!

    ReplyDelete
  20. At first I thought they might be angels by your hints...ha ha, jokes on me.

    Love the smoothie recipe idea on your comments page.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great shots and cute skeletons ; )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh now you really made us have suspense.. That is so wonderful!! It's amazing what we all love.. great post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. PS - how do you set the comment window. I guess I need to get up with the times.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hahaha, I can see why those items would be appealing to you! ;b

    ReplyDelete
  25. The evil skeletons are cute yet scary at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh dear I wouldn't blame you for picking up the skeletons... I thoroughly understand obsessions.

    I dropped by a toyshop recently and I just couldn't resist buying myself a frog fan...because I'm such a huge frog fan myself!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes we want to go see Batman too. I think that I have seen every one that has ever came out. I ddo love Christian Bale as BATMAN!! he is great to look at!! Yummy!! Hope your weekend is going great. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  28. lol...what a fun post teasing us with unwrapping them. I just stay out of stores because then I just want to buy things I don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Always enjoy stopping by for a visit. Great choice for our theme.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anni, I really like the See no ..... take for holloween! Hugs and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Annie, you are always a hoot! Thanks for stopping by to comment on my "what is it"s, too. Hope your weekend is perfectly delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry about the comment issue - I truthfully have NO idea what happen while I was sleeping. Ugh. I'm constantly trying to figure it out but don't want to mess with too much and mess it up more durin' the PhotoHunt... it seems to be working now, I think.

    Anyway - sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great finds!! I haven't even thought of Halloween yet...Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ohmygosh … I totally forgot about Photo Hunt today and have already posted on two of my blogs. I love your unusual ‘surprise’ and will give this topic some thought … perhaps publishing something on my 3rd blog today if an idea comes to me.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Anni, Thank goodness Nancy didn't see your Halloween stuff!!!! She is already talking about Christmas!! As soon as the 4TH is over she is off and running about Halloween and Chirstmas!!

    I am glad you had so much fun doing this and finding goodies! Everyone should enjoy life
    like you do and the world would be a better place!!




    Thanks for the award! I posted it in my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like your finds at Michael's and Ross's. Off season seems to be the best time to find the better bargains. When you showed the first picture and asked "What is That" my first thought was Santas especially when you said it was something you couldn't live without. I remember you like collections Christmas things for your home.

    Hope your weekend is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just love your blog. Thanks for visiting mine. I just bought two huge caldrons for Halloween at a garage sale the other day. My husband just shook his head. I decorate as much for Halloween as I do for Christmas. Am I demented or what. We have a huge family Halloween party for the kids- outdoor spook alley and all. I probably really should go to church more than once a week.
    Love your blog-- have a great week.
    Juidy

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm glad I got to read your movie review along with the SPH post. The little guys are pretty cute! :)

    Happy Hunting. Mine is up here.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You're early for Halloween! Hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  40. looks like you had great fun in getting those goodies =)

    ReplyDelete
  41. That's terrific, Anni. I guess they left the skeleton staff in charge!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi I have an award at my site
    http://www.sandwichedmom.blogspot.com
    for Brilliant Weblog 2008!
    Jewelgirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ha Ha. Those are great. Better than monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  45. lovely choice anni!

    happy Sunday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dear Anni ~~ I oved your little skeletons and realize they were essential for you. The glass
    bowls are nice too. Thank you for your visit. We have so many to get around, that it's hard to fit everything in. Some people can grow orchids in Victoria, Australia, but I am not one of them unfortunately. Olive and Mike were a good pair, and while the stories are hers, he did all the posting etc. Her blog is still up and I think Mike has more stories to post about her. Take care my friend, Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  47. i love the three figurines. ilove the flower u posted on green thumb sunday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Just a little behind on checking out photohunts from Saturday :)
    What cute little skeletons!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Those "hear no evil, speak no evil and see no evil" skeletons are very unique. It's an interesting collection.

    ReplyDelete

.