my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





Join Here


Now, for the Show N Tell for the week - - -

I had pictures taken on my camera for this week's show and tell, and decided to leave them ON the camera 'til next week. Something else is more pertinent for the week's show n tell entry!! This came to me. The other day, after working outdoors most of the day, I finally decided to call it quits and get back in the house to shower and get ready to prepare dinner. I remembered a certain someone emailing me that more than likely, Wednesday would be the day my package would be delivered.
I went out to check the mailbox, and picked up the mail and glanced out the front door and saw the package just to the right of it! I grabbed it. I stumbled into the house with such excitement, it's hard to describe! It came!! It came....and I am saying to Bud "Open, open!! I need your pocket knife, gimme gimme, gimme."

While he was reaching in his back pocket to extract the knife, my little ol' palm was working its magic, making him fumble and grumble "Hold your horses!!" Me? It was "Gimme, gimme, gimme" all over again.

Now, first off, let me tell you right here and right now....Canadian packaging tape is MUCH stronger than our cheap American-made tape!! Or was I just too excited? I don't know, but the tape was tough!!! [And Bud hones his knives monthly, so it's not that the knife was dull.] I struggled and struggled, trying not to put the knife blade into the packaging. Okay, so now you know...the tape has a strength that even a robot couldn't cut!! Trust me.......


I stopped and breathed deeply. Calming my innards. I tellya, it was like a kid on Christmas morning for me. I was wanting to see what was inside so badly, I could taste it!! "Open, open, open!" And then the beautiful card -- Mary wrote a little something on the back. I read it first off, and smiled with delight! She's such a doll! Anyone that knows her knows she's such a wonderful, joyful...and upbeat lady. I have drawn myself into chatting with her daily...it's a true pleasure knowing her.


She made me speechless with her words on back of the card. I was overwhelmed! And I just know that our friendship grows by the day, and will continue from here. She's written that the large print is my Pay it Forward gift! And she also made a print up for me of the Mill Pond that she had published on her blog the other day...I fell in love with it! What a generous, giving Mary! ----


---and this is the Pay if Forward Gift!! Truly, when I say I was speechless and tearful and awed by such a gift, I'm tellin' the gospel truth!! :::raising my hand and doing the boy scout oath gesture::: I just couldn't believe my eyes! "Look, look, Bud!!! Look at this willya?" "Can you believe this?" A hand signed print!!! Of Santa and his sleigh!!! "Oh my GAWD!!!"

Mary, Mary....please, please...right now, know you're given a virtual hug that I hope to someday give you a big ol' hug in person. This is an awesome, awesome gift. [As I told Mary, I almost bought a Santa print just last year and Bud talked me out of it. So, there Bud!!! Nah, nah, na, na, nah!!!] It is the most fantastic gift I could ever ask for...you're tops!!!


- - -

Now my Bloggin' audience --I have a little chore for you. Dear hubby of mine right away got to thinking just what kind of frame for it. I'm sure he'll make one. Thing is, I want it matted! Now here's where y'all come in....

What/Which idea do you think is best? Or perhaps you can even go one further and leave me a comment with another suggestion? I need some input-------


Wood frame with white matting? Gray Wood with two mats...red & white?


Wood frame, stained red with green matting?


Wood frame stained green with red matting? Gray stained with two tone -red & green mat?


47 comments :

  1. My dearest Anni,

    I am so tickled that you loved the Santa Claus so much. And the Old Mill print was just a little extra gesture because I knew you liked it. It didn't take but a minute to copy and print it out for you.

    When I saw that Santa print it had your name on it. I grabbed it up fast before anyone else could get it. LOL They would have had to drag me to the ground to get it away from me.

    As for the wood and matte color, I'm not sure what the color of the room is where you're planning on hanging it, but I'm kind of partial to the wood frame stained red with green matting. Looking at it from here, it looks like it makes the print stand out. It may not do so in real life. Let's wait for the opinions of others.

    Love you, my friend and am glad that I could bring some excitement and happiness into your life.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear Anni. Wow thats a lovely gift and I can feel your excitement as I read this.
    Now I would like the top wood one with the white and add the red matting.

    Theres a little award waiting at my place for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gray wood with the red and white mats. Shows the picture up nicely. Congratulations on receiving the gifts from your friend, Mary. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like if you had a real Christmas in spring lol ! What a neat handwriting your friend has ! (You should see mine) I prefer the last frame, the grey one with the little Father Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift!! Ho,ho,ho! Those are lovely frames, but I think I'd vote for the third one, "Wood frame, stained red with green matting"...
    Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You weren't excited were you? hee hee I like the 2nd one best, white & red matts.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary is so sweet, such a lovely gift. I prefer the wood frame stained red with green matting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the grey wood with red and white matte. What a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the one with the green wooden frame. What a lovely gift.

    For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My vote is for the gray stained frame with 2 tone mat! That's the one that jumped out at me!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Anni, wow.. your gift from Mary is wonderful.We meet such nice and caring people in our blogs.. I vote for the gray frame with the red and white mats..Have a great day.
    Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I like the red and white one.
    My you were excited, I would have been too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anni. What a nice gift. I'm so happy for you. I like the first frame the best. All of them look great though. Have a lovely week. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni,
    What beautiful prints and such a fantastic gift.....

    I like the red frame and green mat but any of them would be beautiful....thanks for visiting with me...Betty

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful fun, Anni! That package must have felt like a big, warm hug...

    Thanks for stopping by over at my place recently. I hope you'll venture back soon.

    And I think the white mat/wood frame is my favorite. What a beautiful print!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightful friend your Mary is. Thank you for sharing your special gift from her.

    I think I like it best in the gray matting. But all of them are lovely.

    Blessings,

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi: I like the gray wood with the two mats the best. It depends on where you will be putting it also. What a sweet gift to get especially for you!! Santa LOVER!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I like the wood with green matting. I love Christmas decorations and collect things all year long. Your picture was very pretty!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni,

    Just sent you an email answering your question about GTS.

    I love all the opinions of these lovely ladies. So many like different ones and that is going to make your choice so much harder.

    This was definitely a LOT of fun for me.

    Have a beautiful day. It's pouring rain here. Started about 2 AM and is still going. April Showers...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can tell how much you loved Mary's thoughtful gift! The red and white mat would be my choice..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE to get packages. How FUN!!! I think the gray frame with the red & white mat makes the picture pop the most.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the visit and the comment on my dishes! I do love moose and these dishes make me smile every time I get to use them! Even the kids like them!

    The book so far has been good. I have only gotten through the first couple of chapters. It's written as fiction but based on a real person and hstorical incidents. I got it when we were in Montana last summer on vacation. I've always been interested in history and specifically western/Native American. I remember going to the Little Bighorn in 2005 and "feeling" the impact of that place. On my profile one of my favorite books is "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" by Dee Brown. I just finished "Undaunted Courage" by Stephen Ambrose on Lewis Merriweather and the Corps of Discovery. It really was the beginning of the end for Native Americans in this country. I loved the book and being someone who has the perspective of the 21st century you can see how their exploration of the country opened up the way for settlers, prospectors and bad policy by our Government.

    Sorry so long-wnded, you hit on a passion of mine!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anni,

    Dwight came in to see your post and he chose the first one - the wood frame with white matting. So there you go from a male perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, beautiful cards. I would use the frame painted red with green matting.

    Love and Hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gee, reading your post almost made me feel like it was Christmas and I was opening a package myself. You had a great way of describing it. Which frame? I like the second one - gray with white and red. I also like the one later almost like it with the santa on it. I'm sure whichever one you chose will look great. I'm happy for you.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful post! I felt like I was there to share in your delight!!! As for the matting … I prefer the two with Gray Wood because they ‘set off’ the print best! My favorite is the one at the top right … with two mats … red and white.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Anni, I am casting my vote for the grey with red and white matting. The grey compliments the blue in your print and the matts make it "pop". I agree that Mary is a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. First, I like the first frame bast. I think it let's the picture speak for itself. Just my opinion.

    Second, I know exactly how you felt because I felt that way a little while ago when I received YOUR package in the mail.
    Thank you again, I loved everything. I put pictures up on my blog, too.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Annie!

    First of all, thank you so much for all your wonderful comments you left on my blog and please forgive me because I did not always had time to visit you back. I am glad you like my new bolster! I'll make another one very soon!

    How wonderful of your sweet friend Mary to send you such a great gift! I know how it feels when you get a present from someone special (you only know from the web). How grateful we are to have such special friends!

    By the way, I like that green frame with the red matting best... but it all depends on the colours of the wall where you will hang it on!

    Have great week-end!

    Warm wishes from Germany,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great shots! mine's up hope you can drop by. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How exciting. I think your description of the whole ordeal almost made me squeal when I finally saw what was in the package. Beautiful. My choice for the frame is grey wood with red and white mat.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like the matte and fram on the bottom right. Grey with a red and then a green. There is something about the green right next to the picture that seems to draw me into it more than any of the others.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am no help at all I love them all!! Mary is such a Dear lady for sure!! You will sure treasure this gift and her friendship!! Love and hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  34. And here I thought I was bad for practically grabbing a parcel out of the mailman's hands! hehe Ah, what a darling Mary is and knowing your love of anything Santa, I can understand why you're so thrilled with the print. It's gorgeous!! As for the frame, I really like the wood frame stained green with red matting:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a sweet friend you have! I like the first and the third.

    Thank you for visiting my blog! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would probably put the print in
    a silver frame with a double matte-
    larger white matte outer edge with a thin black or gray outline.
    The blue colors in the print would really show well.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Anni,
    Just dropping by to say hello and catch up. Wow! What a beautiful gift from Mary! Even her note is a treasure! I love the red frame with green mat just because I love those colors, but on my screen, the first gray one makes the print pop! Any of them would look great!

    Hugs,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like the wood frame with white matting :) I have so much to catch up on your blog when I get back from vacation, but just wanted to stop by and say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Anni :)

    I love that print!! Great show & tell. I like the wood frame with the white matting.

    Thank you so much for coming by to read about Brownie :) Oh and btw, I love your name. It's the same as my daughters without the "e" :)

    Have a great weekend,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Anni :)

    I love that print!! Great show & tell. I like the wood frame with the white matting.

    Thank you so much for coming by to read about Brownie :) Oh and btw, I love your name. It's the same as my daughters without the "e" :)

    Have a great weekend,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh how sweet! Mary is the best! First of all, I love the card and I think if I were you I would frame it!!! I love the Santa picture and I think I would do a black frame with a red matt and my second choice would be the green frame with the red matting.

    Have a super weekend! :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  42. That is a nice print, I vote for the grey w/ red and white mats. Always enjoy my visits to your blog, thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I vote for the wood frame stained red, with green frame! Yes indeedy!
    I enjoy your writing. So down to earth and down right friendly!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my Friday Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I like the gray wood with the two mats....

    ReplyDelete
  45. Anni - this is so nice! More pertinent, indeed!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a lovely and thoughtful gift, Anni! Mary is so sweet! I also like the picture you are thinking about framing, the wood frame is my favorite, but all are nice!
    Hugs,
    Kelli
    P.s. No worries about the mites...the nature cabinet is out on the back patio. :0)

    ReplyDelete

.