my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





...join us over at Kelli's "There is no place like home"!!

<><><>

This week, my show and tell reminds me of Shakespeare's Macbeth--the three witches. Altho, my week's version consists only of TWO.

[BEST VIEWING - CLICK to ENLARGE]


First Witch: Round about the cauldron go;
First Witch: Round about the cauldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights has thirty-one
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.
All: Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
Second Witch: Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and owlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
All: Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Third Witch: Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,
Witches' mummy, maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark,
Root of hemlock digg'd i' the dark,
Liver of blaspheming Jew,
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Silver'd in the moon's eclipse,
Nose of Turk and Tartar's lips,
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingredients of our cauldron.
All: Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

<><><>
I'm always looking toward the heavens. Watching the clouds form, fly swiftly over the treetops, and then disappear or reform into some object that could be familiar to me with using a bit of my imagination!!
The other morning, when I went outdoors to see the colors of sunrise, I spotted the huge formation above our fence-line from the backyard, and sat and watched the crimson glow of the sun's reflection begin to appear! Then, as I looked closer, I could see a witch's face! And naturally, I ran indoors and grabbed the camera, hoping to capture the cloud formation in all its glory, and praying that the 'face' was still there when I returned from indoors with camera in hand!
She was there! Tho her features had changed somewhat, I could still 'pick out' her nose and see the glow of her firey reddish-purple hair tresses blowing in the breezes! Actually, the morning glow on 'her' hair was more vivid than before when I went in to get the camera. And the wart on her long witchy nose was still visible!!

To go back a bit in the time frame, when I went inside so quickly, I told dear hubby that there is a photo op for me, 'cause I could see a witch in the clouds! And after I loaded the photo on the computer, he wanted to see it. So, as he looked at the photo, I asked him if he could see the witch! Yes, he could, he said!! But, now get this, he saw a whole DIFFERENT witch than I! So, in one photo, one cloud, there were two witches. Granted, with his vision of the witch, you gotta use more of imagination, but it's still there!! This photo to the left [the 2nd one down] is a version of the same photo above, of the witch I saw right away. This is the one that inspired me to fetch my camera. Outlined in black.

And this is the one hubby saw while viewing the same -the first photo; the 2nd witch!! Outlined in black of course...and his witch is laying face up.

<><><>



Appetizer
Say there’s a book written about your life. Who would you want to narrate the audio version?

Probably myself. Who else would know when and where, in each and every sentence, which words and phrases to emphasize, but me?!! I'm the only one who'd know the emotional drifts and the laughable sections. Oh and the title would be Hootin' Anni's Hoedown! rofl


Soup
Take the letters from your favorite kind of nut and write a sentence. (Example: Perhaps every avenue needs understanding today.)

Y'all don't know how many times I've started a sentence and got 'writer's block' and had to start over!! Let's see, that is Y-D-K-H-M-T-I-S-A-S-A-G-W-B-A-H-T-S-O.........nope, no such nut. So, I try again: Put every card away, NOW!! [pecan]

Salad
If you could go back in time and spend one week in another decade, which decade would you choose?

Just a week? How could I learn what I want to learn in just a week? I best get crackin' then, huh? I think the decade would be [don't look so shocked!] 1526-1536. Reason is this era has always fascinated me. I would like to be in England and be able to live first hand a life in the royal England with the King's court. And know what Anne Boleyn was really like for the seven days I'd get -BEFORE the beheading of course. Not just what I read in books, or see on movies...the REAL lady.


Main Course

Name a song that brings back memories for you.

Oh so many! The one that comes to mind right now is "You Are My Sunshine". An oldie, but goodie. I'm talkin' ancient. I used to sing this to our daughter when she was a newborn, a small baby. She used to giggle and coo when I'd sing it. I continued to sing it to her when she'd be hurt from a tumble or a bruise and crying about it...it always made her brighten up some and smile or giggle. I still hum it when I think of her --she's now miles and miles away from me, living her own life. So, I don't get a chance to sing it to her anymore. "...you make me happy when skies are gray. You never know dear, how much I love you...."

And right now, thinking about songs and memories, I also dream of my OWN youth and my parents when I hear a classic "The Way We Were" by Barbra Streisand. "...so it's the laughter we will remember, whenever we remember, the way we were!"


Dessert
Do you prefer to wash your hands in cold water or warm water?

By far, warm water. Cold water wouldn't clean as well as warm. In all honesty, it'd much prefer HOT. But that wasn't a choice. [Ya, back in the 16th century king's court, I could BOIL the water to make it hot!!!]


27 comments :

  1. Well this is imagination gon witchy! for sure I love them all and the one your dear heart could see I see too.

    You are very wise to look to the heavens for the "picture show" in the clouds you never know what you may find up there ((smiles))

    a lovely show and tell!

    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love your song... i have small children and i know what you mean about singing songs to them. i love them so much i think my heart might explode sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, i know that movie and have seen it. it is called "open range" and it is a GREAT movie... was thinking about buying that one on dvd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sing this song to my children! Of course, my 10 year old son looks at me like I'd lost it..LOL
    Your salad was wonderful! That would definitely be interesting.

    Wonderful Feasting today--and thanks for visiting mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee Hee! I love the photo of the witch face.

    When we were little we would spend many hours lying on the ground making shapes from the clouds!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and ME on the HOT water! Yeah! And... I just LOVE your song choice today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat! I love your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was surprised and intrigued by your choice of decades. Love your choice of song...sounds like a very dear memory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. funny soup--I love the time period you chose too. Great answers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting cloud formations. It's amazing how they look to different viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your feast, so much interesting detail. I have always been fascinated by Anne Boleyn too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh what happened to you ! Is it wordfull Friday ?? and I missed it ?? I don't think you would fit in the life of dear Henri and maybe his 9th wife ! Nobody washed their hands at that time and took a hot bath only when they were sick ! Parfum covered everything. And then you have to wear a corset, a wig and long skirts !
    I didn't know that you open your arms to dragon flies, I hope they are male at least, did you check ??
    And now you also see witches in the sky instead of angels as normal human beings. I am worried about your health !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a delicious feast with such thoughtful servings!
    "You Are My Sunshine" is such a beautiful song :)
    Thanks for sharing your feast and I hope you have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answers! Love Barbara Streisand too. I have an organ piece of that song "The Way We Were" Love to play it often.
    Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. * *Gattina? You crack me up!! Ya, I'll go with it being my health---I'm going with that answer, and it's my FINAL answer. rofl

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think one of my favorit past times could be sitting and watching the clouds! It is fun to find art within their billowy white format!

    Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww what a great feast, I really enjoyed it! I love the song - though it's not very well known over here, I taught it to my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kids remember those songs until the day they die -- I think they imprint.

    Good feast.

    thanks for visiting earlier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are cracking me up. I love the sky shot and thanks for outlining it for us. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're a hoot, as always, Anni!

    I can actually hear how your autobiography would sound! Why not do it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww...I sang "You are my sunshine to my daughter too"..course, as she got older she'd put her tiny hand on my mouth and say "Mommy, please don't sing"... But that memory brings a smile anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anni - This is a well prepared feast, each course a tasty treat. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Visiting royal england and meeting Anne Boleyn would be an exciting experience!

    Your song brings back fond memories.

    Come visit my feast.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I sing this song to both my children! When they were small and let me rock them to sleep I sung it every night! Now, my daughter will sing it to me!! Too sweet! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my !! I see it. That is kinda cool actually. Almost looks like the witches in old vintage postcards for halloween. We saw a bunny and an eagle the other day!!! See ya soon!!

    MIca

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whooff, arf, woof. Great grub... ummm, I mean good food... burp. Scuze me, maybe ate too much. Bark!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOL! I thought in the small picture of the 2nd outline was a rooster, up close I see the 2nd witch.

    BTW, David does look like Robert Redford.

    0:) Amber

    ReplyDelete

.