my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





A day for all wishes of peace comes to blogland!

A WORDLESS Wordless Wednesday photo is below this blog entry...I just couldn't be quiet and not post anything about my thoughts on world peace. Sorry.

<><><>

Prelude to June 6th's PEACE Globe

I HAVE MANY MIXED EMOTIONS AND THOUGHTS OF 'PEACE'. SOMETIMES I FEEL IT NECESSARY TO DEFEND YOUR LIFE...AND BY DEFENDING, YOU MAY CAUSE WARS. TO ME, MORE THAN ANYTHING PEACE IS WITHIN ONE'S SOUL AND MIND. HENCE I'VE DONE A WHOLE LOT [almost essay length] OF WRITING [song excerpts, etc.] ON THIS SUBJECT. For some, peace is political views, for others it'd be a cease firing of biblical proportions, yet others it would be like me, inner peace. I'M NOT HERE TO OFFEND IN ANY WAY...JUST STATING MY EMOTIONS AND THOUGHTS ON THE 'WORD' PEACE----

I think of the Christian's TEN COMMANDMENTS when I have hope for peace! Tho, I feel peace would be more of an inner thought in one's mind. The first commandment states we shouldn't have any other gods before us....yet, I feel very strongly that the tenth commandment given to me by my God, is the most prevalent ---" Thou shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.' If only the citizens of the WORLD would abide this, we would not have any other gods before us, we would not commit murder, we would not steal, we would not commit adultery, we would honor our mother and father [and those before them], we wouldn't feel the need to give false witness against anyone, etc. etc. etc.

For me, greed and coveting is what brings on fighting and taking away a peaceful existence; be it world-wide or for family or self. My mother always said, when I'd beg for a new dress like 'hers' [a playmate] ---she'd say, "You have to learn to live without----". And I have learned this, I don't need the neighbor's new car, I don't need that yacht, I don't need a big income....I learn to do without a lot of times, yet I'm thankful for what I DO have, and it's good for inner peace.

<><><>

I don't know about you, but since September 11th, when the Twin Towers Complex in NYC was terrorized, the world has become a place of so much negativity and hate! And, I ask, when will it end?!!

Then, I hear a song and think------ya, I love my country. Of course the song is "God Bless the USA". The lyrics just touch my heartstrings. Yes, my country!! But still...the hate I see each and every day. It's sad.

I ask myself: "Would I, if needed, defend my land?"

Perhaps not go to war....but, if I had someone come into my life that was threatening, I sure as heck wouldn't just sit by idly and say "Here, take this from me, take that. I don't need it." Yet, the material things could be replaced and our home is just pieces of wood and brick that could be rebuilt. Still, they are mine. And they can't take that away without a fight! I certainly, most likely anyway, wouldn't trade my life for it, but I would voice my opinions on the evils that surround me!!

"If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife."

At any age, if we had to, we could start over, and rebuild a life. It would be extremely difficult, and without a doubt, place a certain negativity in my soul---but life does go on. I would need to strive a bit harder to see some optimism in my inner self. I would daily have to recognize that the emotional side of what I've been through is making me stray away from the positive and it would show up as hateful behavior! I would thank my lucky stars to be living!!

"I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away."

For, what is peace and tranquility? Most would want world peace, but that is too far fetched!! I personally think it is an impossibility in today's times. There is too much coveting of what others have that "we need" to live. Oil comes to mind. Are we there in the middle east, fighting, because of 'assisting civil unrest'---or are we greedy and want what they have that 'we need'?

It's just like being robbed at gunpoint in your very home which you call 'your life'. Someone comes to your home and sees a piece of jewelry---they need it. So, they rob you of your livelihood and take it! In wars, be they gang wars, wars of terror, world wars ---the freedoms are taken from us. Would you defend your home, your family, your life? Are we really free? I've been known to gripe about what our elected officials do...sometimes, I feel they rob us of freedoms. But for the majority --we are satisfied with our two cars, a boat, two jobs ---family and home. We have certain freedoms for which we would defend. If someone takes away what you've lived for and elected by ballot...you feel 'raped' and dirty...and the world in your eyes would be uncivilized. Perhaps I would sit back and I would try to identify the negative 'blocks' that were making me so pessimistic, and carry on.

In history, people have died to give us these rights and freedoms, by giving their own lives and will....

"And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."

There is no doubt in my mind what I would defend in some way. If I feel threatened, or if anyone in my family was terrorized, I'd stand up for what I feel is important. With the world in crisis these days, do those overseas in the third world -- the citizens?---Do they feel too, that they've been 'raped' of their livelihood and tortured and terrorized so many times, that they have given up on what's right? Are they so brainwashed they fear living? I ask, why would someone not defend what's rightfully theirs? I'm lucky. In our country we have certain inalienable rights that gives us a good life. Ya, here again, I've been known to say "I love my country" "It's the government that needs readjusting". I'm spoiled with the good life. And saddened by what I see in the world...so much hate and strife of the living. "If I could only help some see a rational way to think."

"And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA."

All over this country of mine, I see negativity and hate. Yet, life goes on for us all. Even after terrorist acts and threats of more to come. Yet we still stand for the majority of our days here on earth, with pride. Pride in our minds, pride in our hearts ---

"From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say."

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

Again, in the Christian Bible, there was Adam and Eve. Eve brought forth brothers Cain and Abel. Cain slew Abel and said to his God --"Am I my brother's keeper?" This first 'war' [peaceful unrest] was because of greed, jealousy, and coveting. From there on, wars have been fought and people have perished. That's why I say, for myself only, that inner peace is the only kind of peace one could hope for....it's then that you'll see rainbows, feel happy with life....see the world turn in a whole different way.

If world peace would come tomorrow, would the world stop turning? What would life be like? I've lived over five decades, through many war stories and lives lost [and historical events leading up to my birth] defending what's right and fighting what's wrong....War is wrong, but sometimes necessary. May GOD BLESS the WORLD!!




<><><>


View the Gallery of Peace Globes
courtesy of Mimi Writes

Visit a Global Peace Poem --it tends to lend me a peace of mind! [you need FLASH installed to view] And---you can email and add your own poetry to the international poem! When there, visiting, click on the "add your line".

I add these lines I found in the bible, & on the 'net ----

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger of good tidings that announces peace!
Isaiah 52:7


He who walks with peace walks with him...
The Koran


I am the enemy you killed, my friend.
Wilfred Own
<><><>

When I hear the word "PEACE" the painting in 2-D always comes to mind. Where everyone and everything lives in harmony:

"Friede auf der Erde"
meaning in English: "Peace on Earth"


<><><>
My own poetry of PEACE

I've entitled it:

CHILD LOST

Have you seen an elephant cry?
Watch how they tend to an orphan?
In peace, a mixture of sadness,
and harmony, soon morphs in
to the group of selected moms.
Terror and madness - elephants defy!!

Yet the living remain to carry on in peace---

Does a lioness eat her cubs?
Watch her, there are lessons learned.
World terror upon her
Vicious humans and animals of prey--
Life remains, scarred and torn ---
all so savagely earned.

Yet the living remain to carry on in peace---

Have you seen a flag-draped coffin?
Some mother's child it is.
A father or mother they might've been--
A life lost for naught---
Souls who should've loved and kept living,
Only to die, with war survivors' misgivings.

Yet the living remain to carry on in peace---

Peace in the world would be praised.
Still, protection of the fittest adheres--
throughout centuries wars' fires blazed.
Losers, and winners amongst the cheers!

Yet the living remain to carry on in peace---

Like elephants caring for the motherless child....
And the lioness caring for her offspring...
I imagine the a world stage in serenity
Where we all, no more child lost,
live together, carrying on in peace.
To me, what joy it would bring!!

<><><>


©June 2007
Hootin' Anni
all rights reserved

<><><>
Personally, the only peace I'd find of the world would be within myself ---an inner peace! From the beginning of time as we know it, peace has been eluding us all! And peace will only be in our imagination, such as the lyrics to John Lennon's song comes to mind...."Imagine there's no country....it's easy if you try".....but, as long as there are people who have strong wills and ill-judgment [even in Biblical times] of others---there will be no peace. Sad, but true.

15 comments :

  1. Hootin,
    Wonderful post! I'm not very materialistic at all. A few times I've had to re-start my life with nary a pot to piss in...and I did, so material things don't mean diddley to me.
    Don't think I could go to war and just kill indiscriminately, but if someone threatened my sons or my grandkids...God help them!
    I have worked real hard for the little I have...so if I don't give it to you...then you can't have it.
    I never lend money..I like to keep my friends..I give it, with the reminder that in the future to pass the favor on. Wonderful poetry.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Well written. You're so right. "Let it begin with me!!!"

    Very well written, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! I loved it. Thanks for sharing my globe is up too. Have a great week my friend.
    Peace.

    Angel Mama ():)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very well said. Thanks for sharing your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely globe and beautiful mesages. Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your globe looks AWESOME!
    Great accompanying post as well! Sends out a wonderful message :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very "thoughtful" post dear Anni! Wishing you a "peaceful" day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good post!!
    I *love* the picture of the child with the animals :)
    Peace to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post on peace. Loved every word. Peace :)

    Love the new look of your site too. Beautiful...so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peace and love to you ! The weather ıs not so nıce today so İ am sittıng ın a turkısh İnternet cafe wıth all men who look at me as if İ was ET ! Saturday I fly back home !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wonderful peace post! You've really put some effort into this! Well done indeed :-)

    I had only a little peace post up. Now I came by to invite you to toast with me in my cyber cruise post:

    Swedish National Day Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful Anni. And so very, very true. I really loved the poetry. FANTASTIC post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a tough one. I side with the ten commandments and looking inside myself for peace.

    Peace.

    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice post ! I think when peace is concerned we shouldn't be wordless not even on wednesdays !
    I am back since yesterday and happy to have my keyboard back ! the turkish one was different had a lot of other letters and it took me half an hour to find out how to log in my blog ! I had used the turkish "i" instead of ours ! I also was considered as a kind of ET, a woman alone (and not the youngest one) in an Internet Café was more than unusual. You should have seen the men's faces !

    ReplyDelete

.