my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Here is my Friday Feast for the week.
If you're looking for the Cruise for the day in which I am hostess...it's the following entry, after this feast!!!

Happy Friday




Appetizer
What are you proud of?
Many things. Mostly my life. I've done nothing extraordinary, but the happiness I've had ALL my life is worth more than I can tell you about here.

Soup
What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?

Well, I'm not the type to say my husband! That would mean I'm a bit egotistical and consider him a 'trophy'!! And he's not---he and I are extensions of one another, not prizes.

So, I'd say:
A trip to Disneyland.
It was from a radio program. And early in the morning we always sat around with waking up from a night's sleep. And the two D J's always had questions where you call in to answer.

The question was "Of all the NFL [professional football] players, what woman celebrity did the vast majority wish was their mother?"

After attempting to call several times to get through, I finally did. I was the first to answer correctly! I won a weekend trip [Friday thru Sunday], all expenses paid --to Disneyland in Anaheim.

The answer? Marge Simpson!!!!

[I've also won tickets to operas, money, plays and such...but the Disneyland trip was most memorable]

Salad
Name something you do that is a waste of time.
Sit idle. If I'm not doing anything ---even when I AM just sitting---if I don't crochet or read or something...I'm wasting time that has been given to me, and I think being idle is a waste---and I'm known to just sit and dream-so that's wasting precious time that I could be accomplishing something that should be done instead of just sitting.

Main Course
In what year of your life did you change the most?
Well, dang, this is difficult. I'm sure it would be the year I first became a mother. Being married the year prior, I didn't change, nor did my hubby....we continued to work, party, and have a life of two. But, when I became a parent, I changed drastically ---I was now responsible for taking the daughter under my wings and nurture!! I settled down!!!

Dessert
Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?
Without a doubt, anywhere I can walk along the sands of a beach with the sea breeze blowing and the salt air drifting along as I watch the waves and listen to the sea gulls laughing!!! It's pure bliss!!!

37 comments :

  1. WOW! a trip to Disneyland???!!! that's awesome! I would've never guessed the answer to that question...i bet u really had a great time at disneyland! great feast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you've won some great prizes! Especially the Disneyland trip. Aw, yes, children definitely change things. Delicious! Mine is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a trip to Disney is right!! That is so very cool. I never win stuff..lol Oh well, at least some one does right?..lol

    You are right, our desserts are very similar :)

    Thank you for stopping by and sharing my feast with me...

    Have an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost said the beach was a tranquil place, but then I remembered the birds begging for bread. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your feast! Mine's up!

    Annie
    My Life as Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about water, too. Lake Texoma. Do you know it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very good feast! I enjoyed everything, from appetizer to dessert.

    Come feast with me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Motherhood does drastically change us!! That's neat about the Disney trip! My dessert was similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great prize and I especially enjoyed your Dessert, I can imagine how tranquil that would be.

    Happy Feast Day!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great feast. I would love to win a trip! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Sounds like you are one lucky person. Disney is a fun place to visit.
    Hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful feast! "Marge Simpson" made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *LOL* at Marge Simpson! Love your Soup - a well deseved prize =)

    I´m with you on the Main Course. I mostly changed when I was pregnant... and gave birth to Luis 11 months ago!

    Thanks for serving this fantast-ilicous feast... I´m full now, even the guys stole my sandwhich leftovers at the Wild Wild West Cyber Cruise =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your feast! Thanks for dining at my place...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you've won really great stuff. I love your idea of tranquil. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A trip to Disneyland! Wow! I can't think of a much better prize than that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great appetizer! And I am right there with you on Dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great feast you've got here...and your place is SO FESTIVE! I agree that becoming a parent is quite a turn of events (and sobering to boot).

    Thanks for stopping by today.

    Have a GREAT weekend!!

    :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. A trip to Disneyland....that is awesome. I guess I'm just not lucky!
    Thanks for coming by my feast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky girl to win a trip to Disneyland...What a thrill.

    Great feast.

    Take care,
    Connie
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so lucky to have won a trip to Disneyland. I am savign to take my kids there this year, so I would love to win that one.
    Great feast BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cool prize to win....and such a random question too. Marge Simpson...makes me kwestschun the edukation those futbal playhurs are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow!!! what a great feast!!! i like the salad part!!! i also can't just sit idle, i have to do something!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Our desserts are the same. The ocean is a very calming place...OOPS I didnt put the ocean but I guess I should have added it...I guess I have several places that are tranquil...smile!! Have a great weekend...
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Howdy!
    Great feast. Makes me want to be at the beach about now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I changed too when I became a mother, actually we both changed and our life too !

    I don't understand that my comment hasn't been published ! I came here first thing in the morning at 6 am ! (while you were sleeping like an angel !) as I said yesterday ! And I was so happy to read your post because it reminded me of the first trip we made to the States in 1971 (!!) I digged out all my souvenirs and we even took a map to be sure from where to where we had this adventure ending in Durango ! I intend to write about this tomorrow as a sort of complement without being one of course ! I am convinced that I am not the only one whose comment has not been published because it's strange and not normal that so few people commented. Glad that you told me because for me it had been published nothing seemed unusual.
    Just tell me that this time you got it ! And compliment again for your post must have been a lot of work ! And now I jump in my bed to join Pookie and Arthur (if they would move, lol !)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fatabulous Easter colors... I love them. I also love the pink bunny suit... awesome... I want one.

    Your feast was pretty good too, and I know how much you value your hubby, that's cool.

    About video games... you would be surprised what its available now... go check out the new nintendo Wii... it is targeted at everyone, not just gamers :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great feast! I am seeing lots of "by the water" for desserts. It is calming! Thanks for stopping by.

    Have great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your dessert ... wish I lived so close to the sea.

    Thanks for sharing your feast and also for popping into my feast.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great feast! Thanks for visiting my site!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Why does the Marge Simpson thing SO not surprise me???

    You won a trip to Disney? HOW COOL! That's pretty neat! Although... I think the next time I go there... IF I ever go again... I'll take adults!

    I'm sO glad you didn't consider Bud your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous Feast!
    I enjoyed every morsel.
    Thank you for feasting with me.
    Have a wonderful Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, what a wonderful prize to win! It must have been memorable... My kids would ask me "mom, is Disneyland really that wonderful?" I'd say "yes it is!" I hope one day before they outgrow being kids i'd be able to afford to bring them! At least to HongKong Disneyland, which is just a 2-hour plane ride from us. But Anaheim would be the best(an 18-hr plane ride from us, hehe)!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Damn. Your tranquil place is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than mine. I'm jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I so want to win a trip! It seems everyone has won one at one time or another. All I got was a dang GameCube! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I want to go to the sea shore. Our Wal-Mart had seagulls lately. It's south of Pittsburgh, and not even near the Youghiogheny. I'm not sure what that was about!

    Rob of UnSpace

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great Feast. I love it that you won a trip to Disneyland. My feast is now up.

    ReplyDelete

.