my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Chua Huong Dam


In Buddhist symbolism the lotus is representation of purity of the body, speech, and mind.  A beautiful, meaningful, quote about life comparing to the lotus flower I found...
    “As the lotus rises on its stalk unsoiled by the mud and water, so the wise one speaks of peace and is unstained by the opinions of the world.”
    ~ Buddha




As I mentioned in my previous post, as I left the ranch lands of the area southwest of the city on a drive about, I stopped short of hitting the freeway to take photos of a hidden gem, a 'gem' being that it is surrounded by plowed farm land; it is like an emerald sparkling in the very center of the fields...I've driven by this verdant oasis many many many times before. And, the fact of an oriental structure with roofing such as those you see associated with the pagoda construction [pagodas are usually tiered, multiple roofs]...this temple, a vihara [Buddhist], in the middle of 'nowhere' certainly can be eye catching. The surrounding, but fenced large parcel of land, is beautiful! Statues, temples, gardens!! I've many times wanted to stop and have a look-see. I understand [by doing research online] that this temple is operated by the Vietnamese nuns, but anyone is welcome to traverse the gardens and enter the meditation rooms. There are several festivals that the public is invited to attend.


But the gardens and statues have always piqued my interest...









chua hương đậm, loosely translated to English is BOLD INCENSE
See more of Chua Huong Dam Buddhist Center on Facebook

STORY
HUONG DAM BUDDHIST CENTER
1305 FM 43 Corpus Christi TX 78415
(361) 851-2680

Weekly Meditation class at Huong Dam Buddhist Center
At Huong Dam Buddhist Center, We dedicate and commit ourselves to serve people by offering services that provide and enhance the quality of life. We respectfully invite you to the meditation class every Friday from 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Take a moment and slow down, calm the mind with breathing, nourish the body, and let go of worries and uncertainties by being in the present moment. With practice mindfulness, inner peace is realized which leads to happiness and harmony.
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation helps us on many levels, from simple relaxation to freedom from suffering and full liberation of heart and mind. It allows us to:
• defuse stress and experience greater calm
• explore the mind-body relationship
• connect to our feelings
• expand our sense of who we are, beyond our fears and self-judgment
• find genuine happiness
• discover inner resources that can change our everyday lives
• awaken our capacity for insight and wisdom
• transform our worldview from one of isolation and confusion to one of connection, clarity and compassion
• broaden our perspective and deepen our courage, based on seeing things just as they are




20 comments :

  1. What a beautiful place! All this time, and you have never toured there? The sculptures are beautiful, are they alabaster?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really never been interested in the 'touring'....just the "zen" of the garden and meditation aspect.

      Delete
  2. So neat to have such a beautiful place so close by, Anni. If I lived there I would probably visit it, but it's a bit of a ravel for me now. Thanks for showing me as much as you have! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a peaceful area...I felt the quiet and tranquility just as I was outside the fence...I'm sure the feeling rises if I went through the gates!!!

      Delete
  3. it really is beautiful and peaceful looking. I like the horse and all the beautiful greenery. my first viewing of a happy buddha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a smiling statue ..
      Called Hotei

      Delete
  4. It looks very interesting and peaceful. That last statue is a bit frightening looking, tho. Wonder what it's supposed to be? Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary? Not if you know their symbolism...protection/fortune.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful place it is! Peace seems to rule as does ancient beauty and deep thinking possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...ancient besuty. I like that!

      Delete
    2. Your comment above...you mentioned ancient beauty....I like that terminology

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful peaceful place. I think I need to learn how to meditate 🙄

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you have a feeling of stepping into a different world? I just wonder with it being in the middle of plowed fields....I ould love to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How unusual to see this in Texas! It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I been to one budduist service, and found it quite relazing

    ReplyDelete

.