my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Titled FERAL SPIRIT

What have I been doing during my blogging absence? Well, I continued to walk, but not far. A couple of days it was rather pleasant temperature-wise. After the storm, it remained drizzling as Harvey slowly moved out of our area at a snail's pace. The windows were wide open and we really enjoyed the cool temps in the 70s! Just like our late Fall days, and overcast.

After the hurricane shutters were once again, open, letting light inside,  the sun was high in the sky, and the house was illuminated once again, I tried to do a sketch of a howling wolf. Afterall, I experienced a lot of howling winds, and the spirit of mother nature is the alpha female of all time; don't you think?  ...


I began the first day with the outlining:




Each day I sketched a little bit more: One day, the ear hairs and the shadows, the eyes. One afternoon, I added the wolf's incisor teeth on the bottom jaw and shaded the inside of his mouth, etc. Another day I outlined the moon and added the moon's textures, etc:



After a few days working on it a short time each day, I ended up with:






...to be continued...


32 comments :

  1. I LOVE IT! and it is how all the victims of Harvey must feel, ready to howl at any moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and tempers flared all over at one point or another...lots of stress in the city! Thanks Sandra.

      Delete
  2. Great talent. So thankful you were spared the bad part of this storm. When smarts or talent handed out, they skipped me. I turned 88 while you were being safe from Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LV....and a much belated happy birthday wish to you dear friend.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous Anni. You are very talented. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D J....I appreciate your positive feedback.

      Delete
  4. That is awsome Anni.
    Take care, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon. I enjoyed walking with you on your trail this morning.

      Delete
  5. It is wonderful! You are so talented. You always get such good details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sketch. You are very talented

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have gotten through it all in relatively good shape. I hope all of your wonderful locations for your photos came through as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. B!!! Your kindness is so much appreciated.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you are really talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about it for drawing tho, most other 'work' around the house was cleaning up after the storm...yard work. And that is still NOT all done. It'll be weeks at that.

      Delete
  11. Love your wolf and so thankful you two are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, and thank for all the well wishes during Harvey.

      Delete
  12. Mother Nature's spirit has howled before and will again. Your sketch is amazingly full of that spirit. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, Anni, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Anni, your Wolf sketch is beautiful. Well done! Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Eileen...and happy Tuesday to you as well.

      Delete
  15. wow, this is wonderful. I was not aware you were an artist as well. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

.