my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Over the Trails and Through the Woods...

Hilltop Community Trail is one I haven't been to in nearly two years.  It's located in a suburb of Corpus Christi, Annaville [now annexed into the city].   And I was in for a big surprise. The city has added several new paved trails in the area, and more work-out for me. That means...more hills!! For those that don't know this area of the city, it IS hilly. You can't very well judge it when driving the streets, but when you're out walking, yes you can. I enjoyed this walk along the new paths, and walking the old trails! The weather was near perfect, the wildflowers were gorgeous, the birds...tho not seen, were showing me the way by singing to me throughout the tree canopies! This community hilltop area, with the paved pathways also has several stopping areas for those that want to exercise...stations that have outdoor cardio, stretching, pull-ups, things of that sort. The new trails have several look-out platforms where you can stop and take in the views of the tree-lined hills along with more creek-bed bridges and signage that will assist anyone interested in the wildlife of this particular part of town.  Across the highway is an historical graveyard from Nuecestown circa the 1800s, plus the trailways also has an historical 'community' including an historical schoolhouse which I posted photos of the interior and exterior when a woman was generous enough to unlock the school and allow me to take photos... seen HERE -posted at Hootin' Anni's in 2012!! And a slideshow video of the Nuecestown Historical Graveyard can be viewed HERE. -I posted in 2009!!

All righty then.  This is a collection of my most recent walk-about at Hilltop Community...



...the Trails



...some Flora






...Wanna Do Some Work-out?


[just two of several equipment stations throughout]


Needless to say, I was impressed with the improvements and additions. Like General MacArthur during WWII and the promise to his troops and the Philippines... said: "I shall return"!!

28 comments :

  1. What a perfect place to walk! Enjoy the good weather too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been pretty terrific these past few days, hasn't it? Altho, our area really needs some rain.

      Delete
  2. I bet you will return. What a nice place to walk. I can almost hear the birds from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and this time of year, it's extra pretty with all the new green!!

      Delete
  3. beautiful place to walk and even more beautiful sunny day to walk in, the flowers are AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra....yes, it is a pretty area.

      Delete
  4. Hello, those hills do give you a workout. Looks like a great trail. The flowers are all beautiful. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I walk, my calves don't get much work....except here!!

      Delete
  5. Lovely place to spend some time....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....that it is. This time of year, it's mighty pretty there.

      Delete
  6. My brother lives in Arlington, Texas, and they have a park with those workout stations. I've done them a time or two. I like the looks of this place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten you had a brother in Texas.

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous walk! Of course, my favorites are the beautiful family and the wild sunflowers(?)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place! You wore me out so I stayed behind doing exercises. The flowers are enjoyable to view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck, you've done one better than me...I don't do those instruments...just walk.

      Delete
  9. Awesome place to get your steps in for the day. Looks like quite a work out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My calves called me some nasty names for a while! lol

      Delete
  10. This looks like such a great place to venture forth! So beautiful at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Spring is best here in the South of Texas

      Delete
  11. You have captured some lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is really nice. If I ever get down to visit my brother I'll have to check this area out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course your brother will know just where to go to get there, too, I'm sure.

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful place to walk, and how cool that they have exercise stations placed throughout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made use of those stations along the trail...but they're good for those that do use them.

      Delete
  14. Walking does amazing and I don't do it like I should.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes have to force myself to get out and about, walking.

      Delete

.