my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Surfin' [Corpus Christi...USA]

...continuing on my walk in the foggy air, I mentioned previously that I stood on the jetty walkway to watch the surfers as I listened to the sound of the waves crashing on the boulders just below my feet...

This particular morning the surf was a bit gnarly, so the surfers were getting in some good curls, while others rode the waves only to have a wipe out....




Early in the morning we'll be startin' out
Some honeys will be coming along
We're loading up our Woody
With our boards inside
And headin' out singing our song

Come on (surfin') baby wait and see (surfin' safari)
Yes I'm gonna (surfin') take you surfin' (surfin' safari)with me
Come along (surfin') baby wait and see (surfin' safari)
Yes I'm gonna (surfin') take you surfin' (surfin' safari)with me...

© The Beach Boys





...time to call it a day!




Let’s call it a day
Let us say
That we just can’t pretend.
And we know it’s the end,
Why delay?
Let’s call it a day

© Peggy Lee

24 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for sharing you photos. Was it cold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I couldn't help myself...so much activity.

      Delete
  3. I know that must be fun, but I am afraid I would spend all my time swallowing water as I fell! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't dream of even attempting it!

      Delete
  4. awe-inspiring photos of the surfers and they are brave souls. I am afraid of water so when I see this I feel fear for them, I have never seen our side of the gulf with waves like these. looks more like the oceans than the gulf. super shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too fear water above my head!

      Delete
  5. Wow, excellent photos!! That all looks pretty wild and scary to me! The day looks really windy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These waves were not too high...I have seen it a lot worse.

      Delete
  6. I like the fog and I like watching the surfers but would not venture onto one of those boards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. I don't know how to swim even.

      Delete
  7. I think this would be so much fun. Of course I would probably have to learn to swim before I tried surfing. :) On second thought I think I would prefer just to watch other people surf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, knowing how to swim would be the first thing on the agenda before going out on your board. lol

      Delete
  8. I enjoy watching surfers and you have taken some great photos. I don't think I will ever try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun watching them...at least the waves were a bit higher than normal.

      Delete
  9. really cool photos! my son is a fish in water, but never got into surfing. are you all ready for Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ready except for the cooking and baking!!

      Delete
  10. Awesome photos! The surf has been wild here on Lake Michigan too, but far too cold for surfing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I'd think it'd be way too cold!!

      Delete
  11. Surfing looks to be so much fun if I was young and healthy. Corpus has been on the News so much lately about the water. Hope you are faring okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, we're okay. It's a pain to break routine and NOT use tap water for so many things, tho. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  12. Another great series of images. Surfers are like another breed of humans, absolutely fearless, and so skilled at riding the waves. I love to watch them, but have never seen them doing it in the mist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great moody, stormy photographs.

    ReplyDelete

.