my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


More Babbling....

Just what home would you choose if you had to? Out of 50 most expensive homes for sale [1 from each state in the union], it was difficult. But I narrowed my choices to two. My ultimate dream home has always been on the Pacific Ocean. Ocean views with all glass walls...high on a bluff, with so many acres called mine, my nearest neighbor would be MILES away!!  Anyway, just for fun one morning while perusing the web so as not to wake up Bud in the quiet hours, I scanned the most expensive homes up for grabs.  I was astonished that the 'expensive homes' were so LESS expensive in some states...location, location, location!!  And I definitely wasn't impressed with the one in Texas - of all places, Dallas?  No way.  I'd prefer the Texas HILL Country!   Note to self: "I must start playing the lottery; and win!!!"

Here is my top choice: Michigan

[19.5 million]
    Known as Granot Loma, this 26,000-square-foot log cabin comes with an enormous hot tub, a private harbor, an apple orchard - and of course, a private island.
The fact it's on a private island appeals to me greatly. Besides I like the rustic home AND its wooded surroundings.

Here is my runner-up: New Mexico

[13.65 million]
    Nestled in the foothills of Santa Fe, this manor offers phenomenal views of the Sangre de Cristos from many of its rooms, which include a formal living room, a grand dining room, and a library.
Oh, oh...did someone say a library? Of my own? Yep, that would be a selling point for me.


So, if you have about 10 minutes of spare time, try and pick YOUR ideal dream home from the most expensive homes for sale by state.  Awwww, come on, dream a little.  It's cheap entertainment!!  Check 'em out by using the arrows at the top of the listed pages!!  HERE  I'd be most interested in your choice[s].

no copyright infringement intended


- - -


I did a little bit of holiday decorating again. This time I strung the lights on the sleigh and reindeer garland. I was hoping it resemble the reins from the hands of Santa, but it didn't.  They're up and lighted!!



When that was done I finished with the fireplace. Of course, living here in South Texas it rarely gets below 40 degrees at night, so there really isn't any need for a fire in the fireplace [we do have some firewood, only for cold nights/mornings when the power is out for some reason]. Anyway, I decided to add some candle glow...




- - -

Reading our local news online via my phone, I was all smiles when I read this report!! I'm gonna share the photo that was linked from Facebook...



It made me feel good to read something positive, and the patrolman also felt the need to show that there ARE good people out there!! Someone wrote on his patrol car "Thank You"! In lieu of all the negative cop stories etc. these days...well, did I say I liked reading this?!!


- - -


One more thing; I have a question: In all my years, I have NEVER eaten a scone. I found a holiday recipe for cranberry scones with maple butter. Erik, our son, LOVES cranberries!!! Now my question is...are scones tasty? Your input is invaluable to me.

22 comments :

  1. Scones are DRY and rather crumbly, and you must drink something with them. Your fireplace is GORGEOUS!! And so are the homes! I have spent the day looking for your reindeer garland, with no luck! It is beautiful, where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny....that reindeer garland isn't all one piece tho! It's made from wire pine garland then, each piece [the sleigh and reindeer] are separate plastic pieces. Bud put them up and then used the pine wire to attach them to the garland. [I purchased the deer and sleigh at the Dollar Tree Dollar Store long ago]

      Delete
  2. Both of those houses look phenomenal. The one in New Mexico has a great hilltop location. I have actually never tried making scones myself so I'm afraid I can't help you with that part :)

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks for the visit. You've probably had them [scones] before, tho.

      Delete
  3. Oh, the home in Santa Fe would be my choice! My parents built an adobe home near Taos in the Sangre De Cristos mountains in the late '70's and I got a little pain in my heart when I read where your dream home was. It is such a magical place. It's always wonderful to see everyone's Christmas decorations - yours are pretty! One of our men in blue was killed this week in Tacoma, WA answering a domestic call. Everyone is devastated here :( I have made scones and they are wonderful - sort of like a sweet biscuit, but a little denser. So good, but definitely not for dieters! You will love them. x K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always tears a bit of my heart when I hear that one of those that choose to protect us from crimes is killed in action. I feel for their families!!!

      I will have to try this recipe then. Seems around the holidays, diets are put on the 'back burner' so to speak.

      Delete
  4. I have never eaten a scone but would love to try one if someone else bakes it. love the thank you, someone did good... your fireplace is AWESOME. I love fire and I love candles and you can burn your candles without fear of them falling over and setting the house of fire. with the glass closed it looks just like a fire.
    at first I was going to ask if tons of money come with the homes, I looked at the first 10, to pay someone to care for it.. but when I got to 10 I realized I want none of these. what I would like is two of those tiny homes linked by a 10 foot hallway to each other,. one for bob and one for me, having 2 would give me space to get away from the talking TV and on occasion him. in these big homes I could get away, but could not walk far enough to find him. I like cosy not big. even if I had the money. my ideal would be 10 acres, no neighbors, small cozy log cabin... I would like to have an insulated media room... it is a good thing because that is a lot of money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya....have a home with two 'wings'. One for you and one for Bob. Yep, ideal idea. And, by insulated, you mean something that is sound proof? Gotcha.

      Delete
  5. PS Florida and Georgia, my two home states were my least favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, me too...the one for my 'home state'...Colorado...it's right downtown Aspen. Aspen is a bustling mountain town, year 'round actually. If I were to live in the Rockies, I'd want to be more or less isolated in my own little world. NOT downtown Aspen. And as for Texas...nope, NEVER Dallas.

      Delete
  6. I really like that oceanside home in Alaska. Of course it showed the sun shining on it, which there isn't much of at this time of year! And I am also not a fan of scones. They are dry and fall apart when I eat them. Give me a piece of toast or a bagel instead, well buttered. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's sun in Washington too....somewhere behind those rain clouds. LOL Oh bagels, yum!!! With cream cheese.

      Delete
  7. Oh would I ever like a home with a hot tub and a washer and drier. It would have to be way back in the woods, but not fancy at all. I would like to have my freezer continuously filled with easy meals and not ever have to go shopping. The home would clean itself and have no stairs. The surrounding area would be filled with so much wildlife that I could spend almost all day watching animals and birds. No neighbors of the human kind are within fifteen miles and the weather would always be changing. Nope! I have never had a scone, but nice to hear you have been decorating and anticipating the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A self-cleaning home. Wow. A true 'dream home' to be sure!! And no humans within fifteen miles. Sounds perfect to me.

      Delete
  8. I occasionally go through real estate listings just to do a little dreaming.
    As for scones, they aren't anything special in my book. I tried selling them in the bakery where I work and they didn't go over good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input on the scones.

      Delete
  9. Love the decorations. You have the Christmas going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY CATS mom agrees those are some gorgeous homes and she'd love to have a walk through but her first thought was wonder how many bathrooms there are to clean. MOLMOL
    We are slowly getting decorations up..B has been a tad under the weather.
    Hugs to you all
    Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a price tag of these homes, you could afford to HAVE them cleaned for you, right?

      Delete
  11. And the beautiful place in Virginia is only 25 million!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheap at half the cost. lol

      Delete

.