“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Among the Fields of Gold...

SWAYING IN THE AUTUMN BREEZE
Oftentimes; mainly on my bird photography blog, I mention day trips to Port Aransas [pronounced uh RAN sus] on Mustang Island. Again, oftentimes, I make reference to Charlie's Pasture [aka Aransas Nature Preserve] where I walk the 2 mile boardwalk and gravel paths. The other day, I had to stop and admire the Autumn grasses in the sunlight. The slight breeze making the blades/seed glisten! It was a quiet morning, with only birdsong heard. I enjoyed it all. I thought I'd take a few photos to show you the area. The pavilion seen in the background, in March, the swallows return to nest each and every year.  Also, to the right from the pavilion, hidden from the photo, is a rather large pond where egrets, herons, ducks, spoonbills, grebes can be found feeding on the catch of the day.  Behind the structure, along the path on the backside which takes you along the ship channel to a community park, there are park benches to sit and view the scenery and wildlife.  If lucky a beautiful hawk or osprey may make a fly-by appearance. Along the boardwalk side of the pavilion, there are several gazebo/observation towers to stop by and check out the open-air aviary/waterfowl. AND sometimes, other four-legged critters may greet you along the way [see below].  Twelve months out of the year, there is always something new.  Autumn, the beautiful change of seasons, Summer, wildflowers such as silverleaf sunflowers dot the landscape, while in Spring, regrowth and Spring migration enhances the area.  In winter, ya, it can be drab in color, but there, again, is always something.  Perhaps looking along the ship channel as I walk the trail and ships silently drift out to sea with dolphins bidding them a safe journey....




- - -

BON VOYAGE



- - -


SIESTA DEL SOL
[sun nap]
The same morning I walked and stopped to take pictures of the grass seed, I spied a 4 legged critter [coyote] trying to snooze in the warming sunlight! It was a gorgeous specimen in the wild!!! Also, I think it knew I was taking photos of it...it watched me watch him/her!!   The beautiful, golden yellow,  eyes,  half dozing,  remained alert to every move I made.




That's all for now, I am in the middle of decorating the house for Christmas...done with fireplace mantel and the entertainment center. Bud helped hang the sleigh and eight reindeer in the dining room/kitchen woodwork. I'm halfway done with the decorating of the tree. I was a bit delayed in my work today; my sister called and we talked too long. rofl

Besides, I need stop typing and go to prepare the baby carrots and new potatoes for the pot roast in the slow cooker for dinner tonight!!  Brownies [Bud's favorite - I bribed him with the offer of making a batch if he'd help hang the sleigh and reindeer for me] for dessert.

39 comments :

  1. That looks and sounds like a wonderful place to spend an afternoon or more.Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coyote sure looks like it enjoying your day. Got some cleaning done to put the decoration or lease my snowmen collection.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter likes snowmen too.

      Delete
  3. Wow!!! Is this a grey fox? It looks like you are right THERE with him! He is so silvery and beautiful. The grasses are gorgeous and shimmering. And they match the fox! Good camouflage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it were a fox....foxes are so pretty. But, it's a coyote Ginny.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great day at your place. I am behind with the decorating, already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...maybe behind, but still plenty of time.

      Delete
  5. I feel like I say this over and over but your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I will thank you!! I also enjoy you stopping by. How have you been feeling?

      Delete
  6. oh wow, really lovely photos in here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots and I especially like the coyote. I wish the brownie bribe worked on Wade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud is such a sucker...offer him brownies and he'll do anything. LOL
      Thanks Ann

      Delete
  8. Love your pretty header, and those coyote pictures are really special! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet and gentle face! A lovely nature walk for us to enjoy too, and happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sweet and gentle from a distance. I'm not so sure what it'd be like if I were too close for its comfort tho. Thanks Karen,

      Delete
  10. I LOVE THE COYOTE.. we have seen 3 here but never where I had a camera and it was in the early dark of the morning. yours is beautiful and I love the face front of the 3rd shot. I feel about furry critters like you feel about birds. they just bless my heart to see them even in photos. that place sounds wonderful to me and waving grasses are something I love to....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just about birds through my camera lens. But they do take precedence. LOL

      Thanks Sandra

      Delete
  11. you use BRIBERY to put up decorations? why didn't you run for president, I would have voted for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right about now, I am soooooooooo tired of politics!!! LOL

      Delete
  12. Lovely post as always. Ohhhh that coyote was icing and a cherry on the cake!!
    Handsome little critter.
    I know your decorations are looking gorgeous.
    Hugs madi and cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the 'critter' WAS a handsome one. Thanks M&M

      Delete
  13. Marvelous photos of the coyote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos - I especially like the ones of the grass blowing in the breeze. That coyote looks very cute and comfortable in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a find ~ that handsome coyote ~ lovely photography and you sure are in the spirit of the season ~ lovely header!

    Wishing you a gentle week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - fabulous shots of the coyote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Fi...you always give such positive feedback.

      Delete
  17. How wonderful that you were able to shoot the coyote in all its glory! Wild creature captured! OH MY! I just looked out the window and saw the bald head eagle dive bomb the dipper ducks on the lake! Darn! Missed that shot! I really ought to sit on the porch, camera ready to show you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your eagle photos if you get a chance to capture it!

      Delete
  18. My goodness, he looks sweet for a coyote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does...but looks are deceiving? Right?

      Delete
  19. Wow... love the coyote shot.... wonderful.... Michelle

    ReplyDelete

.