my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Yes, I'd Like Some Cheese with my Whine!!

The last few days I've been a little bit like a chicken with its head chopped off. I know, I know, that's not a pretty picture for the mind...but I've been running around doing little tasks that have been ignored. In fact one chore....and I do mean 'chore' is to get the oil changed in the car [which by the way I've put off for over the 'change oil' dashboard indicator light  began its warning...by 2000 miles!], getting the car inspected, and tires rotated. Thing is, ALL of those tasks have different auto shops that I have to go to to get them done properly. We have the option of 'free' maintenance of oil change and tires rotated by the GM dealership, but the last time I took the car there, the oil computer sensor was not reset [entailing another drive to get it reset!] and the rotating of the tires, the mechanic [still wet behind the ears young] - cut the valve stem on one which I didn't realize until traveling down the highway and the light came on-several different times.  Again, they at the dealership,  forgot to reset the computer sensor on THAT and the dash indicator light came on....for the WRONG tire being low in air! What a joke. I'd much rather PAY for getting it done right the first time!! Gives me peace of mind.

I swear, sometimes like this, I wonder about the human race...are they getting dumber by the day?!!

Speaking of 'dumb'. Here's another reason for an "Unbelievable" muttering under my breath. I was driving to the beach early one morning to walk, and then home FROM the beach. In order to get to the beach, I have to drive across the channels and inter-coastal waterway to get to the islands. The first crossing to get there was uneventful...traffic moved smoothly over the bridge. I walked about 6500 steps before it got too sultry to take another step. Back at the parking lot, I hopped in, drove out, and got near the bridge again, to cross. Up ahead of me...cop cars had their lights flashing all the way up the incline!  I could see UP on TOP of the bridge. "Oh Oh, an accident!" I thought to myself. Traffic slowed down to a crawl...one lane blocked by several police vehicles. At the top of the bridge, I saw the problem......some person ran out of gas ... on the bridge!! Thing is, in order to cross the bridge from that direction going into the suburb of Flour Bluff before Corpus Christi city limits, not more than a block before climbing the bridge...a gas station!!! What ARE they thinking? It's like people need a computer on their car that says "Fill tank now, or forever be sorry!" Drive past a gas station and the computer yells out to you..."Too late, idiot. You had your chance!" The officers directing traffic, kept an accident from happening, I was thankful that I am privileged to be able to pay taxes, all  for these guys/gals that put their lives in their hands for our safety. Oh, and by the way, one officer near the 'dead' car as I finally reached the top of the causeway, was writing up a ticket for the driver that was filling the tank with a one gallon container. Probably for obstructing traffic. Maybe!  Or perhaps they ignored it like I did the 'oil change'.

Now that my b!tchin' is done I can share some beach [whitecap beach this time] photos of that morning. Not much happenin' there. The city crews were busy cleaning and resurfacing the shore from the tide [and human trash...I won't say a word 'bout that, promise!] in order for emergency vehicles not getting stuck in soft sand... in case of a 911 call for some catastrophe. A few shorebirds only [I captured a mama gull regurgitating; feeding her fledgling], only a few out in the water enjoying the cool surf, and LOTS o' HEAT...








- - -

Another day I was busy making some GOP earrings. I know it's against the law to wear anything with party affiliation at the voting precincts, but I had these elephant charms for many years and never made anything with them. I figured this is a good way to use them up! I used French hooks, wire, and added some red/white/blue beads... then wired the elephants in between the strands of beads. Resulting in these to wear in November---



_ _ _

I used two afternoons and one morning to work on my two blogs! I tried to condense everything and delete a few items on my sidebar. Now, everything is within a click away on the 'new' page menu bar just below the header. I also went with a streamlined look and did away with any 'busy' background and header. I hope that it loads faster for all.

- - -


This morning I made a Blackberry Crisp for dessert tonight! I have had this bag of frozen blackberries in the freezer for too long a time. I didn't want to make a pie and heat the oven. For any crisp recipe I use the microwave. It looks delicious and makes the house smell yummy. Of course, being the cook...I made sure I LICKED the spoon. I'll share a photo of the crisp when I serve it up with frozen yogurt this evening.


- - -

Lastly, to set things in a more positive mood for those that are still reading this far...a couple of summertime sunflowers to sweeten the pot!






40 comments :

  1. {{{giggling}}} do you really need an answer to the "dumb comment"---I have been in the same boat as you; wanting to bite folks heads off...and finding happy things to post has been a chore--how sad is that. Always enjoy you posts, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always say, when someone does stupid stuff, "Give 'em books, they eat the covers." Sure would have to help you lick the spoon! I like your new clean look but never have problems with large images loading fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the saying very much.

      Delete
  3. I would hate to be that person on the bridge and out of gas. John makes fun of me because I start thinking of filling up when my gauge reads half low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...when it gets just a fraction below 1/2 tank, I pull in and fill it up.

      Delete
  4. Far too many people these have failed to activate the brain app. :)
    My husband does our oil changes. It's easy to reset. With ours you just push down on break and gas at the same time and then turn the vehicle on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I really like the reference to 'brain app'.

      Delete
  5. Your blog looks great, Anni! As far as those Dumb A**'s that run out of gas, um, that would be my husband! Yes, he does like to live dangerously....once, I was 8 mos. along with my first baby and coming home very late from a get-together on a lonely country road....we had to hitch-hike and the only vehicle at that time of the night/morning was a van full of guys. They looked rough, but they were the sweetest guys ever. Now I always check the gas gauge before going anywhere with him. Oh, and the dealerships must have a conspiracy to get you to come back because my 'check engine' light is still on after the latest tune-up! Love your earrings and seeing the little gull getting his feeding. Sunflowers always make me smile. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember a story from my mom that my father was supposed to get a battery changed in their car...he didn't and they had a dead battery when it was time for my brother to say hello to the world!

      Delete
  6. Fascinating post.Sometimes we all need to 'vent' and get things off our chests.Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and vent I did. Sorry 'bout that.
      Hope you're having a great day too.

      Delete
  7. The sunflowers are beautiful! And I see you have changed your blog header and background. It is very modern and pretty. Your earrings are SO cute! Running out of gas after passing a gas station! Sounds like either a senior citizen or a teenager...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, the driver was YOUNG but I would say mid-20s to early 30s.

      Delete
  8. Hello Anni!:) Ha ha!!!:))) I enjoyed your rant, we all do it, ranting I mean,:) and feel all the better for getting it off our chests. Drugged, dim, or just day dreaming, whatever the reason for the the driver missing the gas station and causing such an inconvenience was not funny at all, but the way you wrote it, was. Love the earrings, and sunflowers. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...thanks for your great comment.

      Delete
  9. Good morning! You always know how to make me laugh! Funny thing about mumbling it helps with stress, and besides I talk to myself all the time anyway! Hehehe! As for that driver, gee whiz I think sometimes I too could write a book about them, sometimes you just wonder how they are still alive out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thought...how on earth did they get this far in life? Makes y'wonder.

      Delete
  10. Hello, I would not be caught running out of gas, I fill mine up when it gets to a quarter tank. It is good to vent sometimes, it relieves the stress. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too....between 1/4 and 1/2 tank....whenever I'm close to my EXXON station.

      Delete
  11. You accomplish an amazing amount in a single day, Anni. I also love the look of your blog, and feel like all the cobwebs are swept out. I smiled at your car issues, and agree that sometimes the way people do their jobs is, well, terrible! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the idiotic ways of so many these days.

      Delete
  12. food first is always my way, so let me say I LOVE BLACKBERRY Crisp.. oh you. love the sunflowers and the beach shots or fantastic, the glitter diamonds, the rolling waves and my favorite the big deer tractor thingy.. as for all the whines there is one word. Commonsense... and these days it is rare for people to have it.... our YMCA lifeguard told me this morning that he runs out of gas a lot, and that he got on his motorcycle and the battery was dead because he left something on, and his truck had no gas.... and he is 59 not a kid. i very much enjoyed reading your whine..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....guess he is typical of the every day people then, huh?

      Delete
  13. Love the sunflower photos!
    We see people doing a lot of dumb, careless things all the time. "Must have been dropped on their heads when they were babies" is what we say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Bud and I have said that a time or two also

      Delete
  14. I do dumb things at times, but will never run out of gas. I fill up at a quarter tank. I enjoyed your "letting" it all hang out view.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever ending (the sunflowers). Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you got all that off your chest Anni. Hope you're feeling better now!

    I know how you feel about folk geting dumber. I'm sure you're right. Many kids leave school now and can barely read and write and end up too dumb to get a job, have more dumb kids of their own and go on to benefits. Dumb Britain I say.

    There I've had a moan too and feel better for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right...dumb kids.

      Delete
  17. Oh Anni, I am tired just reading all that you accomplished with your chores. I will never catch up and I try to. We have a new puppy and my knee gives me continued grief. Make yourself a journey here and I will allow you to help me with my chores as well. I wish. It has been a difficult time for months now and I just take it as I can, one day at a time~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw Svetka. How darling a puppy!!!

      Take it easy Mary.

      Delete
  18. Wow, you had quite a time of it Anni but you handled everything valiantly. Good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to get it off my mind tho....so, blog I did. lol

      Delete
  19. An awesome post! But lots of aggravations from some less than bright people, that's for sure! I hate it when just plain ignorance gums things up for everyone! But that's the way we people are, I guess. :-) I loved the sunflowers and the gulls. Oh, I've had a couple of days I couldn't get to my packing so I'm a little behind...gotta get on it again today! I may have to take a short blog break! The good news is, things are proceeding with the house loan approval! Can't wait till that is done and we are ready to bid on a house! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent update Marie...you've been on my mind.

      Delete

.