“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Brindle Hide

I forgot last week to add a fence 'post' to my blog [pun intended]...so I will begin with that from the get-go. These photos were taken last March while I was walking in Bazemore Park in Calallen, Texas. The Brindle hide of the heifer caught my eye --


- - -

A TRIP TO THE E R

A man staggers into the emergency room with a concussion, multiple bruises, and a five iron wrapped around his neck. Naturally the doctor asks him what happened.
"Well, it was like this" said the man.
"I was having a quiet round of golf with my wife, when at a difficult hole, we both sliced our balls into a pasture of cows. We went to look for them, and while I was rooting around I noticed that one of the cows had something white in it's rear end. I walked over and lifted up the tail, and sure enough, there was a golf ball with my wife's monogram on it stuck right in the middle of the cow's butt. That's when I made my mistake."

"What did you do?", asked the doctor.

The husband answered the doctor's question..."Well, I lifted the tail, pointed, and yelled to my wife, Hey! This looks like yours!"


- - -


After I sketched and published the results of the Northern Gannet the past weekend, I kept my pad on the desk, and started a 2nd bird sketch. Tho, it's still sitting on the desk, untouched after I did the first outlining, I will pick it up again soon. In the meantime, I got a bit sidetracked and went through my folders to clean them out. I found more from my days when I was stuck indoors; having fun with Super Photo. Before deleting them, I will share:


Runoff Brook
Blucher Park - Downtown


Great Kiskadee and Texas Longhorn

- - -

CITIFIED!

A lady from the city and her traveling companion were riding the train through Vermont when she noticed some cows.
"What a cute bunch of cows!" she remarked.
"Not a bunch, herd", her friend replied.
"Heard of what?"
"Herd of cows." her companion replied.
"Of course I've heard of cows" she exclaimed.
"No", said her travel companion, "a cow herd."
"What do I care what a cow heard. I have no secrets to keep from a cow!"

- - -


Osprey and Hybrid Hibiscus


Black Necked Stilt and Red Eared Slider [turtle]


Butterfly and Wildflowers


"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
~Hans Christian Andersen


58 comments :

  1. Beautiful photos, I like the one of the rushing water a lot, you can almost step right in to the photo. Nice Hans Christian Andersen quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Bout now, I could sit in the little brook and enjoy the cool shade too.
      Thanks Terra

      Delete
  2. Loved the jokes...I sure needed to see those {{{giggling}}}. Hey, Corpus Christie and Hornell, NY are the same temps...smiles (just saying)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot there too then, huh? I'm so ready for Winter. LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi Anni! Ha ha:))I'm still smiling from "A Visit To The ER", those golf clubs can do a lot of damage!!:) I like the heifer in the field fence shot, and the babbling brook, and of course all the birds, flowers, and critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I couldn't resist posting the E R joke today. lol

      Delete
  4. OH! Don't delete the longhorn manip. It's a keeper! I really like the Hans Christian Andersen quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the originals of course, saved, but not my 'playing around with them'.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful and inspiring post. I think it was te quote. Thank you for this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the jokes and the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)....thanks for stopping over Paula.

      Delete
  7. Love the cow theme - the wonderful photo effects and the fun jokes. The 'herd' joke is too funny! Sounds like a conversation I might have with the Mr. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, here too. Thanks Karen.

      Delete
  8. You sure do know how to spice up a blog post, Anni. Loved it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are amazing!! Especially the stilt, longhorn, and kiskadee! I always love seeing your artwork, and this is amazing! Post more of it, your talent should be celebrated and shown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oh my Ginny....thanks for the boost of confidence with your kind words!!

      Delete
  10. Haha... You have me laughing here. I love your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Laughter is good, right? Thanks Mari.

      Delete
  11. Anni, I came back to see your Longhorn and Great Kiskadee pictures, they are such beautiful images, and I do hope you haven't deleted them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've kept the originals for sure. LOL Thanks again.

      Delete
  12. Hello Anni, I love the cow and the golf joke. The birds are beautiful and the quote is my favorite. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like that quote....thanks Eileen. Hope your day is a good one.

      Delete
  13. Loved both the jokes Anni and your sketch is terrific. Loved both th attle adn bird shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret....glad knowing you enjoyed this post today.

      Delete
  14. A great collection of photos and words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....Be careful of those 5 irons tho...they're deadly it seems. *wink

      Delete
  15. i love the brindle, too. perfect fence intro. :) love the longhorn one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. superb pictures and thanks for the laugh this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce...I'm sorry to find that your profile link doesn't show me the way to your blog tho.

      Delete
  18. I love longhorns (as long as we're not talking football)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a Texas fan, huh? rofl

      Delete
  19. OMCows those jokes cracked me up. I love the last one. When I was in high school there was a 24 hour cafe, named Your House. Everyone knew it and everyone went but dang every time some one said let's go to Your House...we all bit hook line and sinker. You can imagine the conversation.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been a hoot! Enjoyed your reminiscing today. Fun comment M&M

      Delete
  20. Your stories are cracking me up...they are so funny and make me think of your great personality. I have never heard of Super Photo...is it a PC program? Your photos came out gorgeous with the program...not to say they were already gorgeous. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, genie, it's for pc...and free.

      thanks!

      Delete
  21. Living on a golf course...I'm just sure we can work that story into casual conversation! hahahaha! Well, at least I read it out loud to hubby and we laughed our heads off! Hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool...glad I could accommodate you two. rofl

      Delete
  22. Of course all of your nature photos were wonderful too...but we were laughing too hard to comment on them! ROFL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice looking fence and the brindle coloring of the cow is pretty.
    Great jokes, I enjoyed all of them.
    Your photo edits were also wonderful. My favorite was the Longhorn.

    ReplyDelete
  24. heheheheee love your "er" joke. that cow is pretty. love those superphoto edits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Felicia.

      Delete
  25. i really like the super photo editing! by the way, your link worked...sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't...weird! thank you for linking to willy nilly and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya, I'll go back and check others to visit with them.

      Delete
  26. Loved the photos and the cute jokes. Thanks Anni! Thank you for sharing with Today's Flowers. I am hoping to take photos of birds this weekend so that I can join in with Bird D'Pot. I may be a bit late though. Happy weekend to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise....and isn't it too hot to go birding? It really is here!!

      Delete
  27. That last one about the cow herd made me smile. Very nice photos and effects! I especially liked the longhorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the longhorn is a favorite of most. Thank you Bethany.

      Delete
  28. Love your pics, and your cow jokes, Anni!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....and glad to know you enjoyed the jokes!!

      Delete
  29. He-he :)
    Lovely photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great photos! I've spent a lot of time while down playing with the super photo app. Thanks for the smiles this morning. Hope the heat is leaving soon...I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and walked the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas aisles and thought to myself that someone else must be in as big a hurry as I am for summer to pack it's bags and move along.

    ReplyDelete

.