my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Sunday Morning [Part II]

Getting past the museum and Harbor Playhouse, I take off to the east. From behind me off my right shoulder is part of the Convention/Culture Center in town. Then, look 90 degrees right from the ship channel, the layout of the city's seawall and perhaps a 3+ mile walkway toward the t-heads and marina. A short walk and you can set your foot on the beginning of Interstate Highway 37...and at that very corner, the Federal Courthouse...

...but look toward the bay. Here, behind the museum you can get a good glimpse of the large ships, tugboats, sailing vessels, shrimpers.  [photo 6 of the smaller ship series, the cargo ship is just about to sail UNDER the Harbor Bridge into the Port of Call area]








Along the way taking off to the southwest you can see joggers, bikers, benches to stop and watch the people or the same benches you can turn and face the sea, shorebirds, several bayside miradors [gazebos], date palms, flowering trees, the American Bank Center [the glass building where sports events, conventions, ice shows, and entertainers are on the venue],  shaded walkways and more. The Yellow Flowering TREES are yes....of the hibiscus family...











...from here, I ventured northwest beyond the Convention Center to Heritage Park. I'll make it a 3rd post for loading time for  my Sunday walk
...To be continued...

If you missed the first of my Sunday Walk, click on the link below::
Sunday Morning Part I




Further Reading on the Yellow Hibiscus Tree:
Sea Hibiscus Tree
possibly native to Hawaii/Polynesian Islands
Scientific title: Hibiscus tiliaceus

23 comments :

  1. Such pretty scenery - love the sailboat! That Hibiscus is beautiful (I sure do like yellow flowers :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sail boats...so serene, calming, and a perfect way to spend a few hours. Either watching or sitting aboard. Without having to work the sails of course. LOL

      Delete
  2. Very cool shots. I also love that hibiscus tree and will now go read more about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were several of them within walking distance...all blooming profusely. Thanks DJ

      Delete
  3. you've had a nice walk. the bay seemed quite busy with all the different ships coming and going... you've captured some really nice images too. have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it definitely IS a busy port!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pictures! I love the boats, heron taking off, grapes in the sun! Favorites are the first picture of the tall sailboat. AND the sunny yellow flower...it looks like a poppy, but is yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, those are DATES, not grapes. Like I typed, date palms. Thanks, I love watching the sail boats and all the work involved as the big ships come in to port.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that is some really nice walk. What fun to see all those great boats and ships. That sail boat is magnificent. The pictures are wonderful. What fun to be able to walk around and see all that. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marg...hope you're rested up a bit from last night!!!

      Delete
  6. I would definitely have to sit on the lovely benches and watch the sea and all of its traveling vessels. You have brought it all to me through your nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures. Thank you for this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Martin, for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I love it too. It's so great to look to al your pictures. The white chapel is beautiful and the yellow flower seems a little sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those 'chapels' are just gazebos, but they're all along the seawall...different wonderful views from the open windows.

      Delete
  9. What an awesome walk. So many wonderful things to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying this Ann

      Delete
  10. This is some beautiful scenery. Just the view for some relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I can feel the sea breeze in my hair and the sand between my toes when I read your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking us along on a very interesting walk. The best - for me! - is the sail boat and the heron just taking flight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many wonderful photos, each with a story to tell!
    Great photo of the Heron, and the yellow Hibiscus is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures are spectacular! I am so in love with that yellow Sea Hibiscus Tree.

    ReplyDelete

.