my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Wearin' O' the Green & a Saint....

I'd like to wish y'all a Happy St. Patrick's Day.  And with the thought of SAINTS...

In the News: Mother Teresa will be canonized a saint on September 4, 2016
Read the story HERE


Then, a bit o' Irish around town--



Dining Room Irish Lad & Lassie


Found:  A Green Heron on a Fence - GREEN Heron on the green reed grasses


Greenery amongst the break-water boulders - Green Leopard Frog


Wooden Ball Gnome*  [I made *more detailed post] - Green Tinsel Shamrock Top Hat


Irish Limerick:

The husband recently retired
He is thankful he didn’t get fired
Since becoming quite lazy
He’s driving wife crazy
She’s praying he’ll soon be re-hired




So, I sign off on this morning with a St. Patrick's Day sentiment....



18 comments :

  1. LOL, I love your final St. Patrick's Day sentiment! I also love your new header... Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures of green things! And tomorrow is the green day. Happy St. Paddy's Day to you, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great St Patrick's day, I hope that you don't get pinched!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St Patricks Day. I particularly enjoyed the limerick and the photos of the heron and the frog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhh the Green Heron is gorgeous. Very nice of him to show up for your St. Patrick's Day post. Oh I love the Irish Limerick
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Authentic Irish food is known for being simple and hearty, and that includes many of the desserts. Pies, cakes and puddings have long been part of Irish cuisine, with fresh fruits and Irish whiskey being some of the more famous dessert ingredients." Source: The Celtic Times 2014. I wonder what I will bake tomorrow!!!!! It will be mean and green for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the little dancers and that green heron is gorgeous.. the limerick is my lament. it truly is.... hubby retired 8 years before I did and everything was wonderful until i retired and we started to spend 24/7 together. yowsa... who knew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed this thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice St Patrick's post. Love the limerick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy St Paddy's day to you and Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Annie!:) I loved your green post to celebrate St Patricks day. Most of all I enjoyed reading about Mother Teresa. If there was ever a Saint she was one. I didn't know about her Irish connections, or her miracles, only that she was a saint, long before she was recognized as being one.
    Happy St Patricks Day!:)
    Sonjia:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, the Green Heron is one of my favorites. Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a lovely fence-sitter he is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annie, I neglected to say that I like your Heron on the fence shot, and how could i have overlooked the Heron on the reeds image, it's beautiful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy St Patrick's Day to you also and this is a wonderful fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun St. Patrick's Day post. Lots of great green. My favorites, The Green Heron on the Fence and that cool looking frog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Anni! I like your little people. And that leopard frog.
    ~

    ReplyDelete

.