my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Digital Art Online

Getting up before Bud this time, I tried to keep as quiet as possible as to not wake him up, so I played on the computer with my Paintshop Pro software program. A few weeks ago, I found online a new to me art generator site that is free with all kinds of great filters for enhancing and creating textured art from a digital photo. It's user friendly, simple to manipulate, and you're able to save the image once you're satisfied; a great plus in my book.

I did four!

At the site, after choosing your photo, upload it. Choose and set your filter, click 'go'.
Your new image will generate and you can save it in three different sizes.
I chose large.

I then did this sequence of events in Paintshop Pro:

Open original image AND the saved generated image.
With original, settings for cutting is
feather: 46
smoothing: 14
with tool draw outline where you want it cut...
click cut, copy
then with generated image open, paste the original cut into generated image, aligning edges

This will make an automatic 'new layer'.
Texture effect: sculpture, cork small, depth 20

Promote selection to layer
Set layer properties to desired opacity -your effect layer will become transparent depending on layer property opacity setting

Frame
Add border: 55
click your mouse into the new border and add
effect: kaleidoscope adjusting numbers to desired effect
add new border: 19

Save

Here are my results with original photo inset in corner:

Black Crowned Night Heron


Lincoln's Sparrow


Monarch Butterfly


Yellow Wildflower



30 comments :

  1. OH NOOOOOOOOO you did NOT give me a new link that will cause hours of playtime.. but thanks... i like the sparrow for my favorite and the flower for 2nd.. thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you try it and have some fun with it.

      Delete
  2. oh my word Anni you are sharp as a tack in the wee hours of the morn. The original and the artsy ones are equally gorgeous. I love the butterfly
    Hugs Cecilia and Madi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the butterfly looked like a floor mat [the texture] lol

      Delete
  3. Help I am playing and i can't STOP

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a troublemaker to have as a friend. Bad for me. (Great manips!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my middle name....Hootin' Troublemaker Anni!! rofl

      Delete
  5. I like these effects and tools I can see in your photos. It sounds a bit too complicated for simple little ol' me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the site does all the work for you....

      For my photo shares, I just did a bit extra is all.

      Delete
  6. Awesome pics! I love playing around with free photo apps. I am saving your site!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warning: You may find a new addiction.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed this post Ruth.

      Delete
  8. Enjoyed this thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely! I'm glad to be able to see the original and what you've been able to change to something even more wonderful. I think I like the monarch the best, but they are all fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh these are wonderful. The steps you took are foreign to me since I've never used that program but your results are spectacular. Now I have to go check out that link and if I don't get the dishes done tonight I'm blaming it all on your :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sure....I'll take the blame!! lol

      Delete
  11. Awesome captures, Anni, as always and, as always, I do love them!! Thank you so much for sharing!! A beautiful way to wind down my day!! I hope your week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My week is going well so far...as I hope yours is Sylvia. Thanks.

      Delete
  12. You are such an artist in so many mediums!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very artistic Anni....I especially like the first bird picture. And I'm a nut for butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

.