my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




WILD Flowers and Some, Not So Much...



---On my bucket list---






My photo collection is getting out of hand!!! I need to clean out my drawers folders!!! :::snort:::

...in the early morning sun...




Most days, when out walking for the exercise, I tend to photograph a lot of wildflowers...year 'round!! Here are some throughout the past several months in different spots in our coastal area. Sharing them before I delete them from my folder:


On the dunes, just after sunrise, year 'round in warm, protected, areas, there are two distinctive 'morning glories'. The Railroad Vine, that has the purple/pink blossoms which I've recently posted photos of here. And the white 'morning glory' is known by the name "Goat's Foot", which I have not an inkling as to why the name....but it's also commonly known as the Beach Morning Glory. It's the white blooms seen above after the rainfall along the boat channel's walkway. I've read that the Beach Morning Glory and the Railroad Vine can have vines that extend in growth to 100 feet or more!!
[blooming year 'round]


Another favorite of mine can be found in man-made ponds along some of the birding and hiking trails. Tho, not considered a 'wildflower' in terms of growing from runners or wind-blown seed, these I found at Charlie's Pasture North near the cotillion:


[blooming in April]

I made a couple of collages since I have dozens of flower images...


[most blossoms are Late Spring -mid Summer - Early Fall]


I love the light fragrance of wisteria!! And of course, they're purple!!! They're really not 'wild flowers' in certain terms, but I found these along a back road on the outskirts of town, and stopped to get a photo and then, zoomed in---


[blooming in March]


Daisies and Fire Wheels - at a distance, and zoomed in...
[blooming in May]


And then, the day of the frogs!!! They were EVERYwhere!!! [and a snake too!]






31 comments :

  1. I love the beauty you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower collages with butterflies. Wisteria are beautiful! We call all of the wild-growing morning glories bind weed. That's an impressive army of frogs you have there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wildflowers, and I especially like your pretty add-on butterflies in the collages. And all those frogs! Mercy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty collages and I'll take a frog any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific captures of your gorgeous, colorful floral beauty and your collages are breathtaking as always, Anni!! Oh, and I do love those frogs! Visiting your blog is always a "spirit-lifter" on any day!! And thank you, as always, for sharing!! Hope you have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love your photos of the water lilies!!! Magnificent! Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers and I love the frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers! Great frog photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! Absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine how many Gigs you need to store all your photos. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful .. Your collage is very well done! When you get your files" cleaned up, I have some you can work on if you are bored ;)). Seriously, mine are a real mess. I have a zillion flower shots and I hate to throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved seeing all those gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, I have never seen so many frogs in one spot before. The flowers are especially beautiful! Have a great weekend Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this! Such pretty flowers and that first frog shot is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like those frogs! These days pictures are easy and hard drives are cheap!! Who needs to throw pictures in the 'trash'!!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Anni, I love all the gorgeous flowers. The waterlilies and the wisteria are my favorites. And wow, you did see a lot of frogs, they are so cute! The snake is cool too. Great post and wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha ha, I like your bucket list. Such pretty flowers. If I got to see that many pretty flowers when I walked maybe I would go out and walk more often.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the lotus blooms and the cute frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow all that color in the collages is amazing. The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always loved the beach morning glories. What a nice shot of the snake with the frog!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yikes, that's a lot of frogs! My Grands would have a field day. You have so many vivid wildflowers to share. Our bounty is soon over as temperatures creep to freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't blame you for having so many pictures of blooms, nature at its best! The frog? The frog I don't get, hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful post. I love all your flowers. The thing about northeast Oklahoma is even though we get lots of rain and it is very lush the woods do not have that many flowers. It is mainly many different shades of green.

    I have way too many pics. I keep them on flickr so I don't have to worry about a hard drive crashing. I have over 48,000 now. They are almost all tagged. Funny thing is that I remember almost every single one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a great reflection shot of the frog

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love ALL your photos and it would be so HARD to delete ANY of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The flowers are so lovely. Am now trying to plant more flowers as i have quite a lot edibles

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow - what a gorgeous series of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful wildflowers! I cannot imagine being able to photograph flowers year round!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! I don't think I have ever seen frogs or toads in that number, except when we were kids in the spring each year there would be hundreds and hundreds of baby toads/frogs all over our school ground.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous flowers and I love the cute frogs.

    ReplyDelete

.