“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Scavenger Hunt List



Maria Ontiveros at Gallo Organico has put up a summertime challenge that I accepted. A scavenger hunt that entails finding and photographing all that is on the list below. If you'd like to participate in the hunt, you have until September to fulfill the photo finds and then linking up! Just click on the graphic provided here to view other players or link up yourself!! Thanks Maria, for hosting.




A lot of these photos I've already posted...found in my hunt through the post archives on my blog----


1. A bouquet of flowers [me with bouquet of roses -1968]


2. An ornate door knocker [found at LOWES online hardware store]


3. A person walking a dog (or other animal) [at Petsmart]


4. People playing a board game or card game [Bud and Solitaire]


5. Architectural columns [outside Barnes n Noble]


6. A metal bridge [Harbor Bridge - Corpus Christi Texas]


7. A turtle [Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi Texas]


8. Someone "plugged in" to social media [starbucks]


9. A tent [Padre Island camping - Corpus Christi beach]


10. A college or university [Texas A&M Corpus Christi along Ocean Drive]


11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish [cellphone tower near park entrance]


12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet [Hiking Trail Facilities - Port A, TX.]


13. A merry-go-round or carousel [city mall center court -no longer there...a water fountain is in its place now]


14. A traffic signal [corner of walk and don't walk]


15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it [Marine Institute - Port A, TX]


16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air [3rd story level birding tower view - Leonabelle Reserve Port A TX]


17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms [baseball game of Corpus Christi HOOKS -farm team for the Houston Astros]


18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle [wagon of jack-o-lanterns]


19. A Rocking Chair [substitute for Ticket Booth-see below]


20. A natural body of water [Lake Corpus Christi - Mathis Texas]


21. A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt". Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.

[me holding a sticky note sign]



If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for any one item on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: People eating outside
Alternative B: Someone holding an umbrella
Alternative C: A rocking chair

29 comments :

  1. love these pictures my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome captures as always, my sweet friend. Love them all, especially the turtles.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures you found for the scavenger hunt! :)
    I can't join this one, because we don't have any
    turtles around here and since I don't go into bars
    I won't find people playing card games and more
    stuff. But I sure enjoyed your pictures :))

    Have a beautiful Sunday Anni!

    Möwe

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did well in your scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you did a fantastic job of finding this long list. i love that carousel and the tent in the dunes. me thinks ye cheated on the photo of you holding the sign, we can't recognize you by thumbnail. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of photos. I think the one of the turtles has to be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great hunting - very creative idea for finding a loaded vehicle

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one of the most beautiful carousels ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anni, great finds for your photo hunt. I like the turtles and the view from the tower. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never thought about doing this scavenger hunt until I saw your pictures. It's pretty cool to see your take on these. I love the picture of you and the bouquet of flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done! I love the name of your blog too!!! Thanks for stopping by my list

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyable and different. I await seeing others' in this hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good finds!! Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - got them all - that's great. I have a few more to get. That bridge is scary to me - but then I am not a fan of driving on bridges anyway. All the interpretations are great - love the turtles and the carousel - wish it was not gone, it was gorgeous - and the picture of you with flowers - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what great finds for the day indeed, Anni!! I love all of these!! Hope you have a beautiful day!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I first saw your photo of camping on the beach. I thought it was snow. I guess my mind is set for snow...lol.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite is you in 1968!! Beach camping always looks miserable to me. Sand everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some great photos there,love the bridge and turtles. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great finds for the hunt!! So FUN to see someone else from Texas joining in, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All your pictures are great. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great scavenger hunt and nice seeing you in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was fun! I'm going to see what I can do with this list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. An archive search! That's a fun way to do it. I especially like the wagon overloaded with pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anni ~ Thanks so much for paying a visit to my blog and leaving such a fun comment. I enjoyed seeing your photos and poking around a bit on your blog. What a fun visit! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have some great photos - love the turtles! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have done well with the hunt and a good selection of photos, I am not doing so well this year as I haven't been going out much. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You got 'er done! I would have to really search to find all the items, even with using substitutes.

    What struck me though, was that public bathrooms at parks looks the same all over!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You got 'er done! I would have to really search to find all the items, even with using substitutes.

    What struck me though, was that public bathrooms at parks looks the same all over!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Thanks for taking us to Corpus Christi!!! My parents were both born and raised in Houston, and we used to visit Texas every summer. Great tent; lovely bridge and an absolutely stunning capture of Texas A&M. Glad you joined in this year.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

.