my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Reflections of Springtime in Texas!

Awwwwww, Spring! Nothing could be finer. Well, maybe Autumn. But that is a close 2nd when it comes to welcoming the newness and awakening of a new, fresh season. The deep blue skies, the new births everywhere...be they animals or crops 'springing' up in the rich, black soil around here. The cotton plants are nearly 6 inches in height already in the fields!! Or maybe some newly hatched chicks or the bird life all around busying themselves; building new homes. It's such a glorious time of year. On our short daytime excursions here and there, I am seeing all kinds of 'new' delights that refreshes and brightens my day. I went 'shopping' for photo opportunities from fences, macros, beautiful Spring skies with a threat of Spring rains or a deep indigo with happy clouds, Spring colors of yellow and green. Oh and anything newborn. I found all I was shopping for and share. Wanna come along?...

Reflection of a Snowy Egret
A beautiful sky!
A couple of NEWBORNS
"Auntie Santa Gertrudis and Nephew Calf"  Her calf is hidden behind Nephew
Mama & Baby Girl
Closeup of Redhead Ducks & a Blue Winged Teal
Pond from Rainwater
Prairie Wildflowers
Multiple Fencing
Ranch & Fencing...Pond & Northern Shoveler Ducks in Flight







...and we didn't have to leave home to find more Springtime Goodies. In fact, in our own back yard. Coming to a post soon...




JUST SOME RANDOMS:


ONE: “And the Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
Rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley, The Complete Poems


TWO: If you have Windows 8 version...or later [I think there is a Windows 8.1] and you like the program but detest the "Charms Bar" when you move your mouse over to the far right side of your window monitor...I finally figured out a "fix" to rid myself of the annoyance. LOL

Here's how:

Right click on the taskbar [the active bar that is at the bottom of your window...the bar that has the date, time, volume, etc ---
Find Properties. Click on Properties. When that opens, click on the "Navigation" Tab. You'll then read "Corner Navigation". Scroll down just below 'corner navigation' and check the radio button "When I point to the upper right hand corner, show me the Charms Bar." Once that is checked, click "Apply" and then "Okay". Done. Simple. And no need to mess with the registry!!!



No more charms sliding in if you move your mouse around. Except when you WANT it...clicking on the upper right hand corner of your monitor.

THREE: My recent read is entitled Holy Fools; of which I'm about half way through. Written by Joanne Harris who also wrote a good story and made into a movie:  "Chocolat". Her words flow so easily and the storyline is light with a bit of mystery and charm of a world between a carnival act, a love affair, and a gal who bore a child out of wedlock to end up hiding out in an abbey in the 1600s. All the twist and turns in her young adulthood and the man she once adored comes to life with a longing to not put the book down so the pages keep turning. For her, and the leading man, it's a love/hate relationship that, for now, reveals much turmoil and high emotions.

FOUR: Wednesday last I had a follow-up appointment with my cardiologist. I will schedule an appointment with the ER surgeon in three months following my doctor's request/suggestion. The EKG performed this past week showed well. There have been no complications and I feel good. Exercise is still limited, travel should continue to be short trips...no flights for now. But, after the 3 month visit I should get a 'go ahead' with life as normal as possible....if all goes as well as this past month.

FIVE: Soon, the sound of the cracking!! Contact between the ball from the pitcher's mound to the home plate!! Baseball season. I love baseball.

51 comments :

  1. What a successful shopping trip you had. You got some excellent bargains. :) Love those wildflowers. Around here we're still seeing mud and dead looking stuff.
    Glad to hear all went well with the cardiologist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the snowy egret photo! Holy Fools sounds like a very interesting read.

    So glad your appointment with the cardiologist went well. Mine has scheduled another round of tests for me, and if those don't make him happy my life will get very... interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shopping like this very much myself :)
    And that shot of the Prairie Wildflowers is so beautiful!
    And I like your blog outfit, my favourite blue :))
    Have a beautiful Sunday!
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful images to celebrate your spring! I love the reflection of the Snowy Egret the best. Happy birding, dear Anni! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping! Music to my ears. And as always, I love your pictures. Those of the babies are ADORABLE. Hooray for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pictures. That egret is a beauty, and your poem (actually Shelley's) is a good one, too. Your mood is upbeat and I'm also very glad to hear your cardiologist thinks you're doing well, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear that you are doing well, Anni. Beautiful photos, and lots of info, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for inviting me to come along as you discover new things. These scenes are all most delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new look to your blog, your photos are beautiful and informative as always and best of all, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well!! Definitely a positive start for my day, Anni!! I do hope you have a beautiful day and a wonderful new week!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your photos, as always. And especially enjoyed the reminder that baseball is right around the corner. Cant wait. Play ball.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful photos (as always)! So happy to hear your got a good report from your cardiologist. Anni, Joe has four stents in his heart, done in three different surgeries, and he is doing great. It's been eleven years since the first one. Praise God. Just keep your appointments (I know you will)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those sweet young calves and your Snowy Egret is magnificent. Thank you for your sweet words...hugs my friend. Hoping you are all better now~

    ReplyDelete
  13. The newborns are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The reflection of snowy egret is gorgeous...Great to hear you are doing well...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the trip, I loved it! Wow, there are babies being born! Here, it is in the 20's at night and in the day a cold hard wind. You would think it is January. Texas must be beautiful right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Anni, I am happy that you are doing well. I have gone and reread your posts and see that you have been through much; but am happy to see the Lord has blessed you with a good outcome and attitude. I am keeping you in my prayers each day.
    xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy you are doing so well. You found a lot of signs of spring and all are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your Spring photos. That first one is gorgeous!
    Great news on your check. Praying you continue to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet photos! Glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful series Anni, I am especially fond of those bright wildflowers! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful series of photos, Anni. Love those yellow prairie flowers.
    Glad to hear you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you are doing well, Anni! Love the photos especially the newborn calves..and pretty flowers. Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great nature photography and especially love the 'new born' shots ~ what a gift to see!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great nature shots and wonderful 'newborn shots' ~ what a gift to see 'new life' ~

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your series of photos just about sums up Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  26. great spring series of images. the calves are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely set of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ANNI WE LOVE THE NEWBORNS...TOO SWEET AND SO SOFT LOOKING.
    YOUR FIRST PHOTO IS A PRIZE WINNER!!
    WE KNOW YOU ARE ENJOYING THE SPRING WEATHER WE HAVE A GORGEOUS DAY HERE. I HUNG MY HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER LAST NIGHT. I AM OFFICIALLY ON WATCH. LAST YEAR FIRST SIGHTING WAS 4/9.
    HUGS CECILIA AND MADI

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely spring like post. My favoutie shots is of the Snowy Egret adn its reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You found gorgeous signs of spring! I've been reflecting these past couple of days how I love the sky this time of year. It was a balmy 70 here today and the blue sky with huge white fluffy skies is one of my favorite kind.
    Glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just LOVE your beautiful spring photos! The poem was wonderful also, and I really enjoyed the book review. Since I liked Chocolat I should like this one for sure! It was so good to hear that things are going well and you got a good report from the cardiologist! I'm very happy you are getting well! Just in time for this beautiful spring!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Babies in Spring....Life is getting back to normal. Glad you are able to get out and about and catch these treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So glad to read good news on the doctor reports. With all the babies and flowers it's a wonderful time to be alive and enjoying it all. Thanks for the Windows 8 tips. My husband recently had to purchase a PC because Apple doesn't play well with his company software. He hates W8, so this tip may help relieve some of his issues.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Anni.... I am happy to see your wonderful springtime photos..... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dearest Anni; Oh, I LOVE these adorable newborns♡♡♡ And beautiful flower and the fence, spring has come♪  And glad you are doing well. I'm thinking about seeing doctors of eyes and ears; haha, aging!
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  36. And I like the picture with the pond from rainwater
    and the fence, too :D
    Have a wonderful day, Anni!
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  37. love the calves and mamas! wonderful egret shot, too! thanks for the fencing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Anni, Love your gorgeous photos. You sure captured the best Texas views. So glad you are doing well and I hope this continues.
    Thanks for the book review.
    Happy Easter.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  39. Okay we arrive for your fences, lovely, very, but oh my your critters are so adorable. They always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That right there is my kind of shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  41. It's so good to hear you are doing well.
    What a lovely spring you are having. That Egret shot is gorgeous.
    Such sweet baby cows.
    Great fences as well.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The Egret is so clean and pretty. Springtime can be so gorgeous in Texas and I love spring here in Atlanta also. The fences are beautiful Ms. Anni.
    Have a Beautiful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, you have altered my outlook on shopping. I actually do what you do but never thought of it as buying gifts for myself and for my friends. But, that is what we do ... that is what you have done by sharing with us. My husband would love this version of shopping as it is much easier on the pocketbook. All of your pictures are so endearing ... like you, I love Spring and Fall. I, perhaps, love fall more because of the consistent temperate weather that is so comfortable whether you prefer hot or cold. But, I can't deny that new life (when and if it ever gets here) is a miracle we should all appreciate and savor. It is always a pleasure to visit with you Annie ... I learn and I enjoy. Who could as for anything more :) So glad you are doing well ...

    Andrea @ FromThe Sol

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the reflection of the egret. And I'm glad your doctor's reports are good. Take care of yourself! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the reflection of the egret and the newborns are very cute. I am a sucker for a calf. I am glad you are enjoying a bit of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I enjoyed your photos of spring arriving(?) and those calves are beautiful (I think you can call calves beautiful).
    Take care.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your spring photos! You would LOVE all the critters and scenery down at our son's ranch!
    I am SO happy to hear you are doing well after that heart attack!
    God is GOOD!!! May you have a blessed Easter....

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for sharing this beautiful and uplifting collection of springtime in Texas!
    Happy Easter,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  49. The egret is fantastic and congrats on the good health news.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  50. We do not need to leave home to get surprised and enlightened.

    ReplyDelete

.