my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Just a Test Run...

Hello! Seems like a long time since I've been here. But only a couple of days. I had the computer hooked up in about an hour's time after getting everything copied on a bunch of discs [one chore was saving over 2000 bird photos from my birding folder!!] for backup from the 'old' computer to install at a later date on the new computer...but the details of setting it up and getting it internet ready plus adding all the software I wanted and use took a bit longer. Then, it's all about learning different 'skills' using the new edition of Windows!! My two main discs that were 'most important' for me is Microsoft Office and Paintshop Pro. The oldest, I've had since 2001!!!---was Paintshop Pro. And it was compatible with the new Windows...no problem. I ran into a bit of a problem with Microsoft Office 2013 tho. I finally got it operating. Haven't used it yet...it's more for sharing work I read from Erik. Thankfully, since the new computer was from Erik, he hasn't sent me anything the last couple of days other than phone texts. Oh...of course, getting virus, malware, FIREFOX and other goodies installed was a priority!! Then, one morning this week, I had to stop everything pertaining to computers and get to my cardiologist for my annual visit...

Results: EKG was text book perfect!


Then, the new computer is an all in one desktop...no hard drive tower! Everything is in the monitor. It's also a touch screen and wireless compatible...so it can actually be used like a laptop in a way---going from room to room. I haven't calibrated the touch screen settings as of yet...I wanted to learn the cloud features, set up my programs, do some adjusting, hooking up my external speakers for online movies and 'TV' etc.

The new Windows, I've heard from others, was supposed to a pain. I don't find it so. I kinda like it actually. And having the 'built-in' sd card reader from my camera to the computer is a GREAT plus. I no longer have to have a usb port for my card reader. Yay!! And yesterday afternoon, I did a test run with my digital camera...it's been raining [and there is still a flood warning along the Texas coast until today sometime], so the pictures I did take were of our cat Tahoe and a few looking through the windows.  And being that this computer monitor is 21 inches and much brighter [even with color/contrast adjustments]  I'm hoping the photos look good ---not too dark or too light.  Let me know please...







Then, politics!! I must say I'm very pleased, actually ecstatic, over the election results. The voices of America were heard this past Tuesday! Why, even the state of Illinois [our president's 'state'...even went Republican except for Cook county.] Now, let's just hope and pray that Congress will clean up their act and get things back to 'good' for the people. I know, I know, that's a dream. But this election says to me that the American people are fed up with the feds!! I was concerned that any bill/law in the future could so easily be vetoed again by the president...and it'd be difficult to get the votes by Congress to override the veto...but hey, the house and senate are now totally different....for this, I'm thankful. At least for now. We'll see in time.

62 comments :

  1. Good morning Anni, your new computer sounds wonderful! I also enjoyed your cute kitty and the little birds. Looks like everything is working just great. We had quite a rainy day here also. Hope the sun shines for both of us today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...looks like more rain for us. Maybe into the weekend even. Thanks Denise

      Delete
  2. So so glad your EKG was perfect :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks...have a great weekend yourself!

      Delete
  3. Love these cute animal shots. Glad to know that your doctors visit went well.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah for a perfect EKG! Sounds like your new computer is going to be perfect for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than not being able to adjust contrast...it's good to go [computer that is...not EKG...lol]. Thanks Jacqueline.

      Delete
  5. You certainly are a ball of energy. Glad you're happy with your PC, ecstatic that you're healthy, and your kitten kat looks like a bundle of fluffy love. Have a fabulous weekend, Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear the tests went well and you like your new computer! I am quite pleased about the elections as well! Almost every position in our area went to the "good guys!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Bethany. You and me both in regards to the 'good guys'

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear you love your new computer and operating system. I've got a Mac that has an SD slot for my camera, too, and I love it. Your pictures look great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the test results! I am liking the new Windows as well, and have now upgraded to 8.1 so I have my desktop screen back. I buy the Geek Squad contract every year and that is a lifesaver. I'm also hoping that Congress and the President can work together, or we will be right back where we were before the election. Someone has to get both sides of the aisle to work together for the good of the country, not the next election outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Linda....yep, time will show us if we accomplished anything with our voting results. 'Bout now tho, anything will be better than what we've had.

      Delete
  9. so glad you like the new computer, last week i played with a couple of these to see how they worked, at Walmart, the all in one and monitor. glad it is not as hard as i heard it was... sounds like you have a handle on it, now just the time to make it work... the cat photos are all sharp and clear, the others i think you might have taken through a glass window? glad you got a good report from the EKG.. have fun with your new toy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...no, I don't think so, it's just getting accustomed to it is all. Thanks Sandra

      Delete
  10. YAYAYAYAYAYAY FOR AN EXCELLENT EKG!! HAPPY DANCING HERE.
    WE ARE LOVING THE KITTY PHOTOS...
    HAPPY WEEKEND...SPENDING TIME WITH OUR DAUGHTER AND SIL
    HUGS C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your weekend with Daughter and SIL. Thanks M&M

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear your tests came out well! I know that is always a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think Windows 8 is that difficult either. No real learning curve, for me (and you) anyway. I am THRILLED about the election results, too, and now just hope and pray the newly elected folks will take to heart what the American people are saying to them! Get back to the principles of the GOP and study up on the constitution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - great news about your EKG! I have my annual echo-cardiogram next week and am also hoping for good results. The last EKG was fine.

      Delete
    2. It all looks wonderful!!! Congrats on your EKG!!!!
      I'm happy the elections are OVER and am hoping and praying we see some common sense come back into politics!!!! Back in the last presidential election - I was so disheartened - it took months to accept what I thought would never happen - again.

      Delete
    3. ...get back to the 'good life' for Americans!!!

      Delete
    4. PS...Terri, thanks.

      Delete
    5. Linda...first, thanks for the sentiment on my EKG results and the encouraging words for the computer/blog look. As for the past presidential election...you and me both...disheartened is a 'kind' use for words tho...it was more for me.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on that wonderful cardiologist report!! If I were the kitty, I'd sue you. ;-) Don't you just love all the talk about compromise, now that the Republicans won in a landslide. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol....Judy, that cracked me up. Tahoe, many times would probably like to slap a lawsuit upon us. Thanks for the smile and the 'congrats'.

      Delete
  14. Your cat pictures have so much depth of color! So do you have a little slot to slide your camera card into? What edition of Windows is it? What brand? You will now need a second post to explain ALL my questions! You must be a computer expert!! We have never been able to set up a new one by ourselves. I love my laptop because I can put my feet up on the couch with it and also watch T.V. at the same time! NO more swollen legs from sitting at a desk all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. I try to not sit at the computer for a long time anymore...be it that I can now move it around the house or leave it as a desktop. Getting myself mobile and active is more important.

      Delete
  15. Anni, I am glad everything went well with your new computer and your EKG! Awesome news.. Cute kitty photos! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cats look pretty funny without even trying to. Wishing America well after the election.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to hear about your computer and EKG...but I will be the dissenter with the election results...we have had a republican congress that has not wanted to work or compromise either and actually been quite destructive, non-functioning with hate speech and don't get me started with the way they speak about women. I don't see where we will go forward now...I see us going back to legislative agendas we said in overwhelming numbers we didn't like and wanted to be rid of 10-15 yrs ago...maybe there will be a miracle but I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Donna. And, I think we're all looking for miracles when it comes to our government. Highly unlikely, but hopefully it will be better this time 'round.

      Delete
  18. I'm glad you got everything lined out on your new computer. I always worry I will lose something or mess something up. Congrats on the good report!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping by to say hello and leave off a hug. Glad the new computer is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Sandie. and hello to you too.

      Delete
  20. Upgrades! What a pain! I work across three different types of computers - an old (ish) windows machine at work, a new touch screen windows machine at one end of the study and a Mac at my end! Sometimes (many times) its a case of knowing how to do something on one machine and not the other!

    Something else makes me laugh - Mac as supposed to be better designed - and mine as all the USB ports at the back, where I can't see them!!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...definitely a challenge indeed Stewart. I can only imagine what it'd be like to work with three different computers.

      Delete
  21. Hi Anni, thank for linking up your post.. Glad your computer is up and running.. have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Anni Glad your results were perfect and your computer is up and running well. May I ask if the bird shots were taken through a window or outside? Love the kitty shots. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the sparrow photos were taken from indoors looking out through the window and screen.

      Thanks Margaret.

      Delete
  23. the new computer sounds very cool and seems like you're getting the hang of it pretty quick. Have you ever considered storing all your pictures on an external hard drive? That's what I do with mine. That way they aren't loaded directly on the computer but you have easy access to them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that might work!!! Thanks Ann

      Delete
  24. Cute critters all of them. I'm glad your EKG looks great and that your new computer is working.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy that your doc's visit was good. Love the shots of your grooming kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad your back and busy! The "through the window and screen" photos are faint in contrast but very clear. A neat effect, actually. Beautiful kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for the input Ms. G

      Delete
  27. Well done for getting to grips with the new PC and great news on a clear EKG.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the kitty! Good job with the computer.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  29. A new computer! Yay! It sounds awesome! I know you will enjoy it...I could use one, but a, trying to make this one last as long as possible! Sweet cat! So glad your EKG was fine. We'll see how things go in D.C. over the next year & 1/2....here's hoping things actually start to happen!!!!

    ReplyDelete

.