my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Willy Nilly Ribbits plus one...

1]  Y'all know that I really like NCIS. Well, this season, a new spin-off from NCIS is NCIS New Orleans. I like this program also; so far. In fact the last time we watched it online, the episode "The Recruits", while Agent Pride [Bakula] was sitting with his daughter in the outdoor courtyard with his grandmother's piano ---that looked so very familiar! The fountain in the background. In fact a couple of screen shots from the exterior of their headquarters in New Orleans looks, again, familiar! The outside of the hotel. I can't find out for sure anywhere I've researched - for "on the set filming locations"...but, I would almost guarantee you it's filmed at the very hotel we always stay at when we go to New Orleans...near the French Quarter on Rampart Street!! I've sat way too many times in the courtyard to not see the familiarity in these set locations. The hotel used to be a girl's school and converted to a hotel. It's an historic landmark within walking distance to the Quarter....it's actually called the Landmark Hotel!! If you watch the program, when the sequence of the closing event on this particular program, in the background the open doors over his shoulders is the dining area of the hotel...

a couple of photos I share...from our last stay at the Landmark Hotel in N. O. and then, the same fountain/courtyard from the program...


Watch it online HERE By the way, my favorite character on this program so far is the 'Bama boy...Agent LaSalle

2] Got new rubbers¹ on our car this past week. Wow. Just practically glides over the asphalt now! But, oh the cost of tires¹...unbelievable. I can't complain tho, this business here in town is great with awesome customer service and courtesies and amenities for their patrons, I continue to go there and will as long as they're in business!!

3] After so long of being in a drought, I believe we're getting back to the sub-tropical weather that is 'normal' now. At least here of late. There was a storm a'brewin' in the west of the Gulf moving over Campeche Bay...it may or may not bring in a tropical storm/hurricane to our area, but I'm sure it'll bring us more rain. Once a drought ridden area, now it's flooding. One day this week, even the interstate highway was closed because of dangerous flooding. Go figure. I guess that's the way of nature. We've had so many days of constant warning alerts on our phones. On Monday this week, the power was completely off on NORTH Padre Island due to heavy storms, and the clouds were ominous/black and evil looking over there. Before, during, after, and the next morning...rain, sun and blue skies. The first larger photo is of an intersection through the windshield of our car - with an ambulance. But notice the dark clouds above that were building up before the flood gates opened and drenched this area of the city.  Then, the golden, scarlet thunderstorm clouds after the rain...

note: 
the smaller images are of the heavy rains that came to our yard...they can be enlarged by clicking on them
  





4]  The book I mentioned I was reading [Maplecroft] intrigued me from the back cover...but let me tell you, the blurb on the back cover was and IS a bit misleading:  "This evil cannot hide from me.  No matter what guise it assumes, I will be waiting for it.  With an axe."  Being that the book's theme is Lizzie Borden, I was hoping for a good murder mystery of some historical value.  Instead......I got BIZARRE.  It's more or less a science fiction work.  If you're into horror fantasy so to speak, this will be a good book to pick up and decipher it all yourself and on your own terms.  For me, it was quite mediocre, and disappointing for the fact it was utterly far-fetched and entirely unbelievable.  Yet, I kept reading to the end to see just how it ended....trying to keep an open mind and hoping all the time it'd get better.    Its outcome was poor and didn't get that much better.  There was closure somewhat, but I threw the book down after reading the last page and said "That was weird!" Now, I'm gonna try to get through the massive, non-fiction book, Team of Rivals [author on my sidebar].  All about Abraham Lincoln's historical era.

5] ...with heavy rainfall, out come the croaking frogs!




One More...#6....Lately, if I'm not logged into my Blogger account and visit others, I find word verification on blogs that normally don't have robot prevention!!  What's up with that?  Another glitch?  Did someone hack into Blogger servers and  it's now playing havoc with our blog comment forms?  FIX IT.  I detest word verifications.  lol


82 comments :

  1. Great shots. I love the cloud formation and frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your frogs, and they are my favorite today! What a cool coincidence about "your" hotel! Just proves you know where all the really great places are! My next favorite is the beautiful "after the rain" cloud! The verification...I have noticed it , too! I think that Blogger is in the process of doing it for everyone. Because we still get junk comments no matter what they do! BUT this comment moderation is a lot easier for me to read,not as bad as the old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went out on Blogger Buzz and help forum last night and read that the verification will begin to show up always now, if you're not logged in and trying to comment....odd they'd begin to do this, what about those on Wordpress, etc.?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful clouds and delightful frogs, Anni!! What a fun world you have!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like word/number verifications either and hope my blog hasn't been hacked! We really love NCIS too and have started watching the New Orleans version, which we also like. We never could get 'into' the LA version, though. We are going to NO in the spring. I'll have to check out the Landmark Hotel's courtyard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're gonna really like the hotel, I think!! It's our favorite...nice people, continental breakfast, very private and oh so close to the French Quarter...walking distance actually.

      Delete
  5. Frogs are not my favorite, but good pictures of these little creatures. My dogs find them very entertaining but don't bother them too much. I'm not into the new NCIS as yet....too many cop shows for me. I do like the new Madam Secretary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I too like the new "Madam Secretary"

      Delete
  6. Oh, the rains and the beautiful skies have been glorious! Hope we enjoy many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so much better driving around the country here close by and seeing water again where recently just a dried up sandbar in the prairie grass.

      Delete
  7. All lovely shots ~ love the puffy clouds and blue sky with the trees juxtaposed against it all ~ Wonderful!

    happy weekend to you.

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those storm photos are great, especially the big old puffy clouds and your flowers are lovely, neat collection of frogs also. I am a big fan of NCIS and have been enjoying the New Orleans version but did not catch the one with your hotel. I shall check that out. I enjoy all the characters, have been a big Bakula fan for years. I think it's going to be a popular version of NCIS with hopefully a long run.

    A couple of days ago I had a problem with blogger, it kept telling me I had to sign in when I knew I was signed in, and then when I tried to sign in I would get this message again repeatedly. Fortunately it went away soon afterwards. I just turned off and hoped for the best, couple of hours later it was okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you Denise. I'm hoping for a long run of this new NCIS also.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you got some nice rains, now you can mow. I love hearing the frogs, like those pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and mow we will. Probably this weekend. AGAIN. lol

      Delete
  10. Yes, I'm another huge NCIS fan (from Down Under) especially the original team/s. What a spectacular cloud formation you've captured there - thanks for sharing Anni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Valerie...another NCIS fan...cool!!!

      Delete
  11. I thought of you when I heard about the new NCIS. We haven't seen it yet.
    I love that sky shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...if you do get to watch it, I think you'll like it. Thanks Mari

      Delete
  12. Those frogs - I'm tempted to give one a kiss! Your skies look as changeable as ours have been at high altitude. We record NCIS New Orleans, too - but I like the original NCIS better so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...and you're saying you're in dire need of a prince?!!

      Delete
  13. Enjoyed your photos of the frogs! And...I agree on word verification; it's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Bethany. Yep, annoying is a gentle word, but it'll do. lol

      Delete
  14. Where do those frogs hang out until the rain? I always wonder about that. Or are they reconstituted overnight? Love your pictures, they are all wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often wondered the very same thing DJ...where DO they hide? Thanks.

      Delete
  15. I like NCIS, that water fountain, looks quite scary in the dark. It would be scarier with the frogs croaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...for me, it'd be a wonderful, relaxing song in the night.

      Delete
  16. I just love New Orleans. I go to a convention every other year except I got cheated this year when they had it in Dallas. I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything since you are a Texan but I really do hate Texas. Give me Corpus, Houston, Fort Worth, Lufkin, Midland, Lubbock, or Amarillo but spare my Dallas. Sorry I got off topic. I am glad you getting some rain. When I lived in in Victoria, TX I used to love the drenching rains. I grew up in arid New Mexico so I liked the Gulf Coasts downpours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's the drive from CC to NO that is not to my liking. That interstate section in LA is quite bumpy.

      Delete
  17. beautiful cloud and the frogs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love that show too!! Glad you're getting rain!!! Not up here.....yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...hope it'll come your way soon Linda.

      Delete
  19. Nice to meet another NCIS fan. My daughter comes up to watch it with me. One of her friends is in the N.O edition. Great to have NCIS on twice a week -:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...a friend as an extra or an recurring role? How cool is that?

      Delete
  20. Lovely series of shots. That golden cloud is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh those big puffy clouds, love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Jacqueline...hope you're better, each day stronger.

      Delete
  22. Have missed your awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU have been missed. It's nice to see you again Denise.

      Delete
  23. huh, i noticed word verification too on a blog that normally doesn't have it..who knows...blogger is crazy! glad you are getting rain, love the rainy flowers and frogs! oh how i want to go to n.o. one day! thank you for linking and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice collages> Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  25. i'm 110% with you on the word ver. i HATE that folks are getting it sometimes on my site!

    love the cloud shot. jealous for your good rains. :) we're still pretty darn dry, yet.

    i like agent laselle best, too. but 3 ncis programs is about 1 too many. i am saturated with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a cute one!! But, I have never liked NCIS LA so only watch the two others.

      Hope y'all get some rain up there soon. And that word verification is purely crapola.

      Delete
  26. I envy those frog shots, we didn't even see one this year :-(. I like NCIS but we are a bit behind here, didn't even know they'd added a N O one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...right now, they're everywhere here....croaking loudly.

      Delete
  27. Anni your cloud picture is awe inspiring....wow!!! I love cloud formations and sun.
    In general I like NCSI: New Orleans. Agent LaSalle's 'accent' seems a put on. I know he is originally from Alabama. Maybe that is his real accent. I'm Southern by birth so real Southern accents are most appreciated. Lots of times our accents are over done by TV and Hollywood. Love Scott Bakula
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go for the 'bama boy any day. lol

      Delete
  28. Thanks for checking on me today! I'm here, just slow as molasses about blogging. When winter comes I'll probably be back full swing. Plus, work is really interfering with my life. Ugh. But I'm glad to have the extra money for my daughter's wedding.

    I tried to watch the NCIS: NO and I can't get past the accents. They're all wrong, though not as bad as Steel Magnolias. South Louisiana has a very specific dialect (even though it varies from parish to parish) and it's very hard to replicate. Ah well...I'm sure it's a good show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure glad you're okay tho....life and work can get in the way. Which is good for an upcoming wedding to be sure.

      Delete
  29. I love all the frogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These I photographed are just a mere pittance of what was all out there...tons of them.

      Delete
  30. Blogger is still giving me fits over the commenting. I'll type it all out and hit publish and poof! it disappears. Then I try to remember what I said the first time...lol...and do it all over again. Hope they fix that. So annoying.
    That cloud photo is magnificent! Love it!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely annoying!!! Thanks Cheryl.

      Delete
  31. We have been watching the new NCIS New Orleans show too and so far I like it. The only one we've not gotten into is the Los Angeles based one.
    What a pretty cloud shot and I loved those frogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, me either...I think the LA version is just too 'hollywood'. Seriously, trying to have sexy men/women sell the show. Not my cup of tea.

      Thanks Ida

      Delete
  32. Rain visits frequently over here.

    It is thinking the way how to reach your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like a nice gentle rain to be more frequent here...but I'll take the downpours too if that's what it should be.

      Delete
  33. Love the frog photos. Yes, something wierd is happening at Google...and I don't like it either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment...and yes, it's a pain that Google is now.

      Delete
  34. HI Anni I got my profile and followers back from google + into my side bar again and changed the photo to the one you said you liked. Love the clouds and the frogs. Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh yes, I do like your new profile image. Very much!!

      Delete
  35. The frogs are so cute! I hate word verification and all the weird stuff happening with blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  36. HI Anni, I love to watch NCIS too. I have not been able to watch the new spin off yet.. I will catch it online.. Awesome sky shots and I love the cute frog..Thank you for linking up, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the rainy shots and heavy clouds. Beautiful photos! Glad you are finally getting some rain. NCIS New Orleans sounds neat. We used to watch the main NCIS show but we are so "lost" now, we have stopped watching it. Sorry the book was a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...when I sat down to begin reading The Team of Rivals, I thought of you. I believe you told me that your preference is non-fiction. And that is what this 'new' read for me is...non-fiction.

      Trust me, the last season [not the new one this Fall] of NCIS wasn't all that good...each episode lacked so much. You didn't miss much.

      Delete
  38. Nice story, and froggies!

    I was going to guess Pickerel Frogs, but those blotches on their backs look rounded, and I see some green. So...I guess Leopard Frogs.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, leopard frogs. In fact that is the only kind I've seen at that particular park.

      Delete
  39. Those frogs are cute little critters, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I stayed at a large Southern mansion type place in NO as a child, they must have had a lot of parties because there were beads from broken necklaces all over the garden paths. I watch the NCIS shows, but it's getting to be a bit much with 3 and all the other new shows. Your clouds look like twins for my clouds. I grew up in Houston, and it just doesn't rain anywhere else, at least in the USA, like Texas. I would love to see the frogs and especially some nice fat toads. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...my son lives in Houston, now for 20 years and he wants to get 'out of the rat race city as it's become over the years'. When it DOES rain here, it really rains.

      Delete

.