...after touring the plantation home and walking the surrounding grounds, we began walking toward the river through the heavily wooded areas and finding a resaca trail which we gladly walked!! It was beautiful within the many mesquite trees...and oh so green and filled with scenes that you don't see every day. I will post the trail pictures another time. In the meantime, Bud and I viewed for a short time in silence, after spotting her, so we wouldn't disturb her...a nesting Great Horned Owl; well camouflaged and more than likely not noticed by so many. She was watching us watch her...she was very pretty!!! It was like nature's nursery...the stillness and quiet surrounding this nesting area was phenomenal...you could hear a pin drop on the forest groundcoverings!!
linking to: Nature Notes, Wild Bird Wednesday, Our World Tuesday, Rubbish Tuesday
Frank RABB -[plantation namesake]
Sally Scull [aka Skull]- notorious gunslinger/killer of Wild Texas and cousin to Frank Rabb
Stepdaughter, Maria's Genealogy listing
- - - *** - - -
linking to: Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. April 22nd is Earth Day. Are you inspired by nature? In what way? Inspiration is the beauty of nature...I'm inspired many ways. Colors, sounds, scents. Everything, I guess. Exception may be the destruction of what we humans can leave behind, i.e., trash, debris, waste, pollutants.
2. Down to earth, four corners of the earth, move heaven and earth, not have an earthly chance, or salt of the earth...which earthly idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain. I guess for me it'd have to be 'down to earth' as I try to be me...nothing more.
3. Share one piece of advice you might give a newly engaged couple. Go into a marriage with the hopes of a good life together, and remember that it's 'for better or worse, richer or poorer, etc. etc.' WORK on a marriage.
4. When did you last engage someone to perform a job, task, service, home repair, or improvement? On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the best) how would you rate their work and/or your satisfaction with the job or service provided? Auto
5. When did you last find yourself engaged in small talk? Are you awkward or an expert or somewhere in between? It's so cliché a conversation, and I really don't like it and try to avoid it...but here goes:
"Hey, Anni? When you get done edging your lawn, you can come here to do mine!"
And I usually respond with some mundane reply..."blah, blah, blah."
Both neighbors will say the same thing...
...and it gets to be old hat!!!
[that's my small talk]
6. What was the last historic place you visited? In state: The 123 year old plantation mentioned above. Out of state: The French Quarter in N'Awlins, LA.
7. The world would be a better place if we just made efforts to respect people, animals and our globe.
8. Insert your own random thought here. The American Birding Association is holding their national birding convention here in our town this year. I plan to attend at least ONE day. And since this is such a busy week, I'm sharing a fence image for Thursday at this time since my schedule is erratic right now:
linking to Good Fences