my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Come along...

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE in a slideshow...
But first...let me get this off my chest!! If the Broncos were playing against the Blogland Nursing Home...the Nursing home would have been world champs!! What a messed up game for those Denver donkeys Broncos. It was cool that the Seahawks won a Superbowl to be sure...their drought is over. But...the way the Broncos played? What a fiasco. After the TD in the 2nd half on the first kick to open the 2nd half...I shut the game off!! I'm wondering just how they won the Division Championship and then lose so terribly in the 'Big Game'?!! Oh well.  Maybe it was the altitude?  LOL

There, I'm done whining and b!tching. Moving on....


Yesterday, our usual Sunday walk took us just a few miles into town. It was overcast, warm, but threatening rain. Neither one of us felt much like driving to the islands. So, we walked the length of the seawall and back. About a 4 mile walk round trip I guess, I've never 'clocked the distance'. When we left home it was a perfect day to walk. Really. By the time we got to town, the fog had drifted in, and by the time we got back in the car to drive to the grocery store to get stuff for pastrami sandwiches, making potato salad and cole slaw for the game, there was a gentle rain falling. The temp dropped drastically [about 20 degrees or so] when we arrived home. Anyway, I took photos along our walk MANY PHOTOS!!...at the Marina mostly. Here are some. All have mouseover captions. Just drag your mouse over the images and you'll be able to read what you're seeing--

Look Close!!!  in the back...the USS Lexington...often called the Blue Ghost...it's ghostly in the fog!!pelicans on the breakwaterOne  lone Shrimp BoatLow Clouds Drifting between the towersFog Drifting in surrounding the High RisesThe Marina --in the Distance is the Gulf of Mexico...unseen
The sound of the chug chug chug...coming into view...the Marina Police BoatIn the fog, as we walked, Bud and I could hear the chugging of a boat's motor long before it came into view. We listened; watched for it...finally in the distance, beyond the breakwater, the Marina Police were returning. During this time, beyond the safety of the breakwater, there was [and remains this morning] a small craft warning...inclement conditions; both fog and dangerous currents.

the Marina Police Boatthe Marina Police Boatthe Marina Police Boatthe Marina Police BoatCormorants, Gulls and Terns on the Breakwateranother part of the Marina...in the distance, unseen in the fog, are more buildings!

--the next post I publish will be a continuance of the Seawall Walk. The Shrimp boats, all but one, were docked with absolutely no activity. This part of the Marina was nearly completely abandoned, so I took advantage of no shrimpers and got up close and personal with one particular shrimp boat!! In detail. Until Next Time.....

54 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing your walk! Interesting photographs with the fog setting in! Do love that island. Been going there all my life, we have always had a family place there. Neat that you live there full time, how nice is that! Can't wait to see the shrimp boat, up close~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which island is this? South Padre, Padre, Mustang? Wishin' I was brave enough to live on the island year 'round, but y'know.....hurricanes scare me.

      Delete
  2. love the pictures. feel the same way you do about the game my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, sweet Denise! It's always good to see you.

      Delete
  3. i wish i could walk 4 miles, a mile is about it for me now because of my back...i like the shrimp boat. it brings back memories of Savannah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...trust me, you could walk the distance Sandra. About every 100 feet or so, there is a two way bench to rest on...looking out to sea or facing to people watch!!

      Delete
  4. nice photos. I quit watching the game and kept eating pizza and wings. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh that sounds like a perfect plan to me Marie!!

      Delete
  5. I did not continue to watch the game either!
    I enjoyed your photos very much; love the shrimp boat.
    We have fog/drizzle this a.m.
    Wishing you a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Messy football for 'our' team, huh?

      Delete
  6. It was the kitten bowl at our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...now that is a definite winner!!!

      Delete
  7. Sorry about the game.... I was disappointed but I am going to remember the GREAT year the Broncos had --until that one game... Too bad that they 'blew it' so badly for this game though.

    I do wish it would have been a better game though no matter who won.. I like the well-played games that are close in score... Bet the Super Bowl LOST alot of 'watchers' as the game progressed.

    Beautiful photos of your walk. What a fantastic place to walk --especially this time of year when we have ICE up there.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, if Bud is correct, the Broncos broke another record....losing in more Superbowl games than any other team. LOL

      Delete
  8. LOL! Too funny. Though I didn't watch the game at all, I not dumb enough about football to not realize when I heard what the score was this morning that something was very amiss with Denver. I actually thought they would win having lived in Denver for a few years long ago. They were quite a team. My son is probably devastated this morning. An hey....you can whine and itch-bay (as my mother used to say) any time you want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more PO'd than devastated...hope your son recovers.

      Delete
  9. Must be fun to live at the coast full time, always something new to see and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...but there is always a threat of a Hurricane coming in each summer and into fall. Other than that, it's mighty neat living here.

      Delete
  10. It was too bad about the game- I think they got rattled at the beginning and didn't get their mojo back. What great pics- there really is a beauty in those kind of days that you capture so well~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironic how we both posted on 'foggy' stuff. ;-)

      Delete
  11. What a nice place to walk!

    I know you were rooting for the Broncos, so I'm sad for you. My husband was, too. I usually don't watch football at all, so I was pleased that hubby got so aggravated he let me watch Downton Abbey at 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, ironic, I just saw a crochet pattern for a Downtown Abbey shawl. Didn't know you were a fan.

      Delete
  12. I agree with you on the game! We turned it off, too. Great photos and I need to learn how to do the mouse-over descriptions! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it only works on the computer...not in phones or the lightbox feature. Who knows when it will work in all honesty. LOL

      Delete
  13. ANNI YOU HAVE A LOVELY PLACE TO WALK....AND THE WATER IS SO RELAXING EVEN IN FOG.
    YES I DO BELIEVE YOU WILL BE CATCHING UP WITH ME IN YEARS ON 2/9
    HUGS C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...you 'caught' my meaning then? LOL

      Delete
  14. What a wonderful walk. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. The scenes in the fog were so pretty. I didn't watch the ball game. I'm not much of a sport's person.
    You are so fortuante to live near the shoreline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Brenda. I guess fortunate in many ways, but if you want my opinion, every place is good if you make your choice to enjoy your surroundings.

      Delete
  15. The only reason I didn't turn off the game was that I figured those Broncos had something up their sleeves. When it became obvious that the Seahawks would win their first ever Superbowl, I watched with sympathy for the Broncos. But... Go Hawks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you so much during the game DJan!!

      Delete
  16. I enjoyed taking this walk with you. There is something special about a foggy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's pretty, eerie, silent...so many 'good' things.

      Delete
  17. It is a pretty place to walk, even in the fog. Sorry, your team did not win! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Eileen...as for the game, there is always another time. Right?

      Delete
  18. Nice walk, great pictures, though the mouse over captions don't work for me at all. Sorry, football in not of any interest to me and never was. I loved Renee Fleming singing our anthem very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...what browser are you using...or are you on a mac?

      Delete
  19. My husband lasted until the 3rd quarter before he finally shut the game off last night.
    That's some fog you had there. 4miles is quite the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...he stuck it out a lot longer than most then!! At least the ones I know. My sister even stopped and took a bath. LOL

      Delete
  20. Lovely pictures dear Anni :) the fog makes the entire landscape look so mystical . Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it feels mystical walking in it too.

      Delete
  21. I walked that walk so many times when I lived in Corpus, love the H building (BOA) I have a pic of it at Christmastime with red and green lights. That marina is awesome, and love joes crab shack, eating over the water. As always thank you for sharing and refreshing my memories...hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'know I've never eaten there...have at Landry's but not Joe's. Hmmmm, I'll have to make a point to go there. I never think of it. For seafood we usually go to Pier 99. Or Blackbeards.

      Delete
    2. blackbeards has yummy food!!! but if you go to Joes you MUST get their bananas foster it is out of this world.

      Delete
    3. ...will make a point of it to stop by when we're down in that area sometime soon.

      Delete
  22. That was such a pitiful game...I could have played better. Ha I really thought it was going to be a close game...WRONG.
    ************
    Love that next to last shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ,,,plum pitiful!! I agree. Nice to know you enjoyed the photos/walk in the fog Rose.

      Delete
  23. We watched a little of the game... a few of the commercials.

    Lovely foggy images my friend. Happy Tuesday~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the images Nancy...have a great Tuesday yourself. Enjoy your snow. ;-)

      Delete
  24. "Mouse over" still does absolutely nothing to show captions. When click on pictures and they are in large strip at bottom "mouse over" still does nothing. No captions anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....well, it must be in the code that your browser isn't reading.

      Delete
  25. iMac system 10.5.8 with Safari browser and I tried Foxfire browser as well. No captions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how else to help out....sorry

      Delete
  26. What a lovely place to walk! Stunning photos as always, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I thought the game was a complete yawn..fortunately I had six grandkids running around who kept me busy. Beautiful photos- and I would love to be able to walk there and see the boats. Though I really love my woods, it would be interesting to have a different view.

    ReplyDelete

.