“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Hot DamN!!

Everyone who uses the embedded comment form available through Bl*gger/G**gle probably knows that their blog doesn't open in Internet Explorer at all.  Some bloggers  have resorted to Discus format which is, from what I've read, a spyware program so I have never opted for its use.  After weeks, months of trying to figure out how to get Bl*gger's embedded commenting form to work properly in Internet Explorer, on New Year's Eve Day without anything to do and no where to go because of the frigid temps and continual drizzle outdoors, I sat at the computer.  This time, I was online in Bl*gger Admin with an Internet Explorer connection!!  After going through many maneuvers and deleting or tweaking the coding to have the embedded comment form work in ALL browsers, I finally figured it out.  AND it was SO SIMPLE!!  I don't know why Bl*gger Help hasn't posted anything about this feature.  But, it's  my understanding that G**gle and Micr*s*ft don't get along.  Typical...politics and profits come into the picture...again!

After I fixed both my Hootin' Anni's and bird photo blog, I'd Rather B Birdin' --- I strolled through some of the blogs on my list that had these two features...and sure 'nough the embedded comments kept their blogs from even loading in IE but worked fine in the other browsers!!!

Here are the steps to take:

First step...make sure you bookmark the G**gle Login address!!!  [in IE, save login address to favorites folder].  The login address is:
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=blogger&ltmpl=start&hl=en&passive=86400&continue=http://www.blogger.com/home

All  images shared below can be enlarged for better viewing...

Second step...log in to your Bl*gger account

Third step...Open the blog you want to have embedded comment form to work on ALL BROWSERS from your Dashboard

Fourth step...Once your blog admin is open, find "Layout" and click on the button provided.

Fifth step...After the layout of your blog is opened, look for "Navbar" and beside this you'll find 'edit'. Click on EDIT.

Sixth & last step...In the NavBar window, with choices/colors of navbars---click "off" and save.


Now, go out on Internet Explorer and your blog will load and embedded comments are functional!!! I tested both my blogs, through all the browsers I have on my computer, the comments are all now embedded [they show up and blog posts open properly]...the reply button works like a charm!! You are once again able to communicate with your visitors - what blogging is all about. I personally prefer the embedded commenting form because I can keep track of my repaying the visitors with a visit to them in return. After I visit with them, I make a reply note on my blog---a record of blogging protocol and good etiquette to always repay their visits!! This way, I KNOW I have visited their blogs and left them a comment, 'cause sometimes I don't get all my visiting done in one day, and I know just where I left off by checking those I replied to the day before.  And I note, I don't use IE in my internet browsing, but a lot of people still use it, may only have that for accessing the web....so, I really wanted to have this form work in ALL browsers for myself and my blog.

Sidebar Linking to Thursday Thoughts

40 comments :

  1. I'm not sure what this is all about, since I don't use IE. I have my comments embedded on my blog. I use Apple computers mainly, so I am not experiencing anything weird at the moment, but whenever I do I know there usually is some sort of compatibility issue. Glad you figured it out and fixed it. :) BTW, good system you have on keeping up with who's blog you visit. Have a fabulous 2014, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use IE either....I loathe it. It's not user friendly at all, and so many things about IE is never compatible. Thing is, using MAC has nothing to do with the Bl*gger coding. It's not gonna load at all if embedded comments from Bl*gger is enabled. It's the CODING. I just checked your blog with IE, and clicked on the embedded comment form link and I get a blank page.

      Delete
  2. I don't use IE either. I'm too lazy to check if my blog works on IE.
    But I'm glad you fixed the problem. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, you have pop up comments, so no worries there for you!!! Hey? Any more cookies left over? ;o)

      Delete
    2. THanks for checking it out for me!
      How about visiting me in Malaysia? I'll bake you lots of cookies and introduce some of our local dishes to you!

      Delete
    3. ...how I'd love to visit with you. I'm sure we'd have lots of fun and goodies...not only that, but I could learn about the culture.

      Delete
  3. Anni should you ever tire of being a talented artist, photographer and blogger you could join the Geek Squad. OMCs you know a lot of stuff about the innards of blogging.
    hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....just call me McGeek!!

      Delete
  4. I don't think I can even get IE on my Mac, can I? I know a few years back embedded comments started acting funky so I switched away from them. I might give this a try and go back. You're so smart! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thing is not all visitors have Mac, and you don't need to be "IN" IE to do the fix.

      Delete
    2. ps...and yes, you can install IE on a Mac, but it's my understanding that Micr*s*ft does not have any support for Mac users. Figures!!! But really...why on earth would anyone WANT IE in the first place?

      Delete
  5. I have NO idea what this is all about as I'm not savvy regarding these issues. I have a Mac and have no trouble reading or writing blogs. If I can comment on someone's blog that's enough. You folks are so far ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. problem is...not ALL have a Mac and use IE.

      Delete
    2. I better leave well enough alone. I'll only make it worse. I use Firefox and Safari.

      Delete
    3. Changed my mind. Did everything you showed. Can't go to Internet Explorer - I don't have it. Now what? I'm sooooo XXXXX.

      Delete
    4. I just checked for you...your blog is loading perfectly in IE and the other browsers as well.

      Delete
    5. You are a great tutor! Thanks again.

      Delete
    6. you're quite welcome Ms. "G"!

      Delete
  6. Great instructions, but not sure what it is all about. I use Firefox as my browsre. I have a Windows XP computer. I am happy to get a comment but not sure how it works. I may be calling on you for future advice since you are so smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...any time I can help, just let me know. I'll try, and be more than happy to help.

      Delete
  7. I'm so techie challenged that it is not even funny. I don't use IE and I haven't had too many problems with blogging. Crossing fingers here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...your blog has the pop up window for commenting, so no worries. It'll work fine in IE.

      Delete
  8. Gosh, I had no idea. I haven't used IE in years. I think my blog has the pop-up comment form, but not sure. Anyway, glad you figured this out and hopefully it will help a bunch of folks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, yours is pop up comment setting on your blog...so no problemo!!!

      Delete
  9. I haven't used internet explorer in ages but this is good information to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use IE myself...but others do and that's the purpose of 'the fix'. And if I recall your blog has the pop up window so...your commenting works perfectly just the way it is...it's the embedded and reply button that keeps bl*gger blogs from opening in IE.

      Delete
  10. Anni, I do not usually use IE, I like Firefox.. But, thank you for all your help.

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...your comments are the pop up window anyway.

      Delete
  11. I don't use IE - only Chrome and Firefox. I'm sure this is very helpful for some of your readers, though! Glad you got it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...but your blog, Terri, uses the embedded comments. And those that try to leave you a comment using IE can't even see your blog post!!

      Delete
  12. I use Firefox, too.
    Hope your new year is going to be awesome....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BJ!!! Hope you had a terrific time celebrating New Year and Birthday!!!

      Delete
  13. Dear Anni, My daughter helps me with the computer techno difficulties I may run into.
    It is very cold here too!!! A blizzard is roaring outside as I write this comment. The temps are going to 2 degrees which with the wind chill will be quite below zero. Well, I suppose this will get the ground ready for spring and hopefully there will not be too many bugs in the summer since the winter was a cold one.
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine...you have embedded comments and your blog doesn't load in Internet Explorer.

      Delete
  14. Anni, I can only guess my is working fine for you as I have received comments on my blog from you. I use IE and really have nothing negative to say about it...so far. I do HATE site that have gone to Disqus comments...can't comment!!!
    Happy New Year...you are such a whiz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chuck! Happy New Year to you dear one! Hey? I think your blog has pop up comments, so no worries!!

      Delete
  15. That's great information for those who use IE. I haven't used IE in years and my comments are pop up so no problems. I am gradually moving away from the Windows OS too, most of the time I use Linux instead with Firefox. My phone and tablet are Android

    MS is so controlling on everything they touch that I do everything I can to get away from them. Of course Google isn't much better.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me started on G**gle!! They all seem to want the monopoly on whatever we do online these days!!!

      Happy New Year to you too Judy.

      Delete
  16. Hi Anni ... what great service you are so freely giving. I use Firefox and don't know if my comment is a pop up or not. Some bloggers have a pop-up window. Sometimes I think the comments are low compared to the visits, but maybe that blog is not worthy of a comment. I think I understand all this information and will check my blogger account tomorrow. Thanks for figuring this out.
    Blessings in 2014 and forever.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I'm more than happy to share Audrey. Your blog does have embedded comments and I just left you a comment through Firefox.

      Delete

.