my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




....no title, just randoms...

1- If y'all have been here visiting through the years since I finished this original-designed Santa Afghan [I made up my own graph chart for this making it into a pattern], y'all know then, that I post a photo of it each year, traditionally. Well, I may have mentioned that it has been confiscated each year when it comes out into view...by none other than our little Tahoe. This year, the first thing I brought out one morning for decorating for the season was the afghan. The insert in the upper left corner of the shared image below, shows just a few seconds' time before she made headway toward her 'gift'. And within record time - she was on our bed in the master bedroom - she spied me putting it on the love seat, and bam.........here she came!


...she hasn't left it except to do nature's calls and eat.

2- This year, the collection of Santas, sadly, are remaining in their storage boxes. I just didn't have much gumption with this virus I caught over Thanksgiving weekend. Bud and I only decorated a tree which is a new one we purchased at Target since they were half price this past week!! And the mantel and entertainment center. That's gonna be the entire decorating we do this year. Instead of going through the whole entire house, setting out Santas, we decided that is too much without enough energy between the two of us to unpack, store other every day decor away. etc. etc. etc. Since it's a new tree, we decided to go our 'standard' color scheme. And that is colored lights, snowflakes, icicles, and our small collection of blown glass ornaments instead of our most recent white on white from a few years now. Each of our glass ornaments represent a part of our lives. Just to show a few close up images:

[the tree, a dinosaur [Erik's favorite subject when a child], a white pelican [representing our life here on the coast], and "BELIEVE" is wood that Bud cut out from my pattern a couple years ago. He cut it out of a scrap piece of wood; I painted it. And it's placed amongst some Colorado Pine Cones I've saved over the years.]



3- I was saddened to read about the tragic death of young, 40 year old actor; Paul Walker.

4- No matter how sick I feel, a traditional treat for the holidays will be made very soon. Rice Krsipie Treats. I did unpack Santa's Boot. Which, for decades now, has been filled each Christmas with wrapped Rice Krispie Treats. In fact, I may get the stuff needed and make 'em now and then later just before Christmas. Sounds good to me, with a really cold glass of milk!!!

5- This weekend, our city planners have noted it's the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony with Santa Parade and Harbor Boat Light Parade on the bay. I doubt whether we'll attend it, but in all actuality, the only part I really enjoyed in the past years is the boat parade on the water. The tree, for me personally, leaves a lot to be desired. It's not even a REAL tree, but made of green tinsel garland and wire.


courtesy KIII TV

...I'd much prefer the vast neighborhood "Candy Cane Lane" by the country club. That shows the spirit of Christmas much more than the city's 'mickey mouse' tree!!!



sidebar linking to Thursday Thoughts & Friday Random 5

31 comments :

  1. I enjoyed your randoms!! Love the photos, too. I didn't get my Santa collection out this year, either, because I don't trust our new cat, Vinny, to stay away from them. Love the afghan and chuckled at your very smart cat - what a comfy, warm spot to spend the day sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, if he's pulling off your snowman ornament from the tree, I can certainly understand why you're not putting out any Santas from your collection.

      Delete
  2. Sure hope you will be feeling much better soon, Anni. Your tree is lovely, and I do like those pretty Christmas ornaments. You just might perk up when you get one of the rice krispie treats in you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will...and the icy milk will feel good going down my raw throat. Even tho it does help create more phlegm. LOL

      Delete
  3. As I visit my friends, I am listening to the delightful sound of Christmas carols. It seems many bloggers have been sick lately. I hope you're feeling well soon. I'm not sick, but am finding it difficult to pull out some of decorations. I have yet to put up my New England Christmas village, which I'm seriously debating on doing this. Maybe I'll find the resolve within to tackle this job next week after I cross off some of the tasks at hand. Thanks for visiting and linking up with Thursday Thoughts: The legend of the candy cane on Curious as a Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank YOU, Cathy, for hosting.

      Delete
  4. I love your afghan, and didn't remember that you designed it yourself. It's so cute that Tahoe has claimed it.
    Sure hope you are back to feeling like yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, no one is allowed on it either....she won't move an inch off to share. Thanks Mari, today I do feel a bit better than yesterday. Tomorrow? Hopefully even better.

      Delete
  5. What a sweet afghan! I haven't decorated for Christmas yet, I am battling pneumonia, and have no energy at all. I hope you are feeling better soon Anni! PS...I LOVE Rice Krispie squares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make TWO batches then...one for you, and one for me. So we can wallow in marshmallow ooey gooey goodness together as we mend this nasty cough/lung congestion!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Anni
    We have surely missed visiting you but I think we are back. Oh my word you made graphics for that beautiful afghan. Tahoe is a smarty kitty. I am 100% impressed. Hugs C and the diva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you've been way too busy with life and family...it's understandable M&M

      Delete
  7. PS we are sorry to read you have been feeling poorly...hopefully you are seeing improvement.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's touch and go...good times and bad...right now, it's closing in on another bad bout of coughing. But, thanks.

      Delete
  8. the kitty on the blanket is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...She's my spoiled kitty too!!! ;o)

      Delete
  9. I think a lot of people are not in much of a mood to decorate this year. Thanksgiving came so late...it's just too much. I made myself decorate, but I really wasn't in the mood. Hope you are feeling better, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that must be it...being that Thanksgiving was way too late this year. As you say, too much all at once. Thanks Gail.

      Delete
  10. I hope you feel better soon, Anni! The boat parade sounds like fun! Cute kitty! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ,,,it IS a pretty sight...with all the lights on the masts, ship/boats sides and all. Reflecting on the dark water.

      Delete
  11. Pulled box of ornaments down from the rafters today, but it sits on a chair. Not inspired yet to decorate. We did dress James, though. Now he will be wet and icy and snowed over, but is dressed. Sure hope you perk up soon. That is a nasty bug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you found the bug I finally shook! So sorry to hear you are bitten by it! Mucinex DM was the only thing I found that would even reduce my coughing a little bit!

    We put up our tree last weekend. With this cold front that just came through tonight, it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! :)

    Hugs....hope you are out from under the weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....I'm so very pleased to see you come by for a visit. You've been missed.

      Delete
  13. So sorry you are not feeling well. Sometimes simpler is better with Christmas decorations. My wife works very hard decorating the house. I do the work of moving boxes up and down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm gonna like the simple this year. :o)

      Delete
  14. Oh, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I, too, have a Santa collection. It is so much work, isn't it, unpacking, moving the stuff that's already there, replacing it with Santas, packing the other stuff up...

    The afghan is beautiful. And the cat is smart. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding out that with other bloggers such as yourself have a Santa Collection!!! And, yes...it is a lot of work. Normally, fun tho to bring them out each year. I keep telling Bud I need another room added to the house and just shelf up the entire four walls with Santas. :o)

      Delete
  15. random is always good. I can't get in the mood to drag out ALL of the decorations I've accumulated over the years and I haven't been sick :) I'm thinking it's going to be one of those years where I do very little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right now, very little sounds good to me!!

      Delete
  16. I wouldn't leave that cozy Santa afghan either!I love your Xmas tree and your decorations, I am in a minimalist mood for Christmas this time. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete

.