my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




...Good Night and Good Luck

I'm playing copy cat right now. I have been reading blogs this past week with their posts being a year in review. And being that it is such a great idea, I thought I'd do the same. Within this post there'll be what I would consider the highlights of Hootin' Anni's 2013 and what was happening around me:

Looking back to January--
--I shared a winter sunset from Marble Falls, Texas [in the Hill Country] and spotted an unusually marked goose beak!

February is not only my birthday month but it's 'heart month'--
--and I finished a quick crochet project of pink and red heart coasters. Also, in February the South Texas Peddler Show is an annual event. I loved the blue sky and the Texas State Flag flying beside Old Glory.


In March, the hummingbird Spring Migration hits South Texas--
--one male ruby throated hummingbird posed for me in our back yard! And the Texas State Flower, the Bluebonnet, blooms profusely in the fields and parks surrounding the city!!

April came along with another craft project that involved both Bud and Me--
--collecting different sizes of tin cans, we created a Tin Man of Oz. Roses in our yard are dazzling this month!

Then May--
--I finished and framed an acrylic painting I had been working on for weeks; drawing from a photo I had taken. From pencil sketch to an Indigo Bunting. Also, looking to the sky one morning...the Phoenix had risen!! [look closely in the cloud]


Along comes June--
--The treasures of nature walks!! Finding a nesting hummingbird at a Nature Reserve in town [we followed its progress from here thru to the hatchlings and leaving the nest in such a short time]...and juvenile gators!!

In July, Super Size it!!!--
--World wide, July came through with witnessing a super moon!! And Bud and I were viewing this phenomenon from moon rise over the Bay to where we returned home and I snapped this photo of the moon behind the peak of the house to show its width and depth in size! Also, they're so ugly only a mother could love 'em. Wood Storks return to the Coastal area.

The hot, sultry month of August brought--
--the chip lady!! I found this treasure inside a bag of potato chips. [I still have it] While the summer months are a bit hot and humid, the beach is just minutes away...and the jetty and views of our lighthouse, the Lydia Ann!!

September--
--While most of America begins to experience Autumn, we here in the Coastal Bend of Texas still linger in Summer; I found myself yearning for the dry, high mountains of my youth, The Rocky Mountains. Along the shore, some go fishin'!!

Then came October--
--A favorite month for me!! Halloween comes in October!! October means adding to my collection of witches. And new this year, I accomplished completing a quilt for the first time a month prior, but it was for use in the month of All Hallow's Eve...and it was last time for me to try quilting!!

In November and December--
--I was awed and captivated to see the vast number of ducks migrating to South Texas for the winter. And marveled at their beauty.


IN CASE YOU MISSED 'EM

some highlights of 2013--

--SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF TEXAS [Texas Talk -link]














Some of my sketches--
--of Willie Nelson completed in June, a cuckoo bird in September, a Redstart, a woodpecker:


Sidebar Linking to MEMES
...and that concludes the year that was. 2013 will be history! As the late Edward R. Morrow would close his show, I repeat his words:
GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK.

63 comments :

  1. Wonderful! I was reminded of several of my favorite pictures here. I smiled again at the heart chip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...we both remember Johnny Carson and the potato chip lady, don't we? LOL

      Delete
  2. A fine and beautiful way to review the year. Nice collection of images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the walk though your 2013.Not only are you a great photographer but also a very talented artist in other mediums.Have a Blessed 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketches are so good; you are so very talented. What a great year you've had, birding and creating art and finding art in a potato chip. Hope 2014 is very good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful images for your year in review! And a wonderful year it was, too! I'm in awe of your artistic talents. I wish I could draw just half as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New year! I always enjoy your photos - and your sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to catch up on your posts! Such lovely photos and sketches. Beautiful talent that you share with us! Blessings for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karin!! I don't do facebook, so I am very happy you stopped by to say hello.

      Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  8. I don't remember the fire ant sign so I am glad you re-posted that one. I always LOVED your can robot! I had forgotten about the potato chip, and I adore your beautiful bunting painting, Do you have a book of your artwork, that would be good, maybe one for each year. Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...no, I don't have a book. But I do have a portfolio case of my work from way back in the 60's...up to today.

      Happy New Year to you too Ginny

      Delete
  9. Maybe I should do this to remind me that there really were some highlights to the year other than going to work, coming home and doing it all over again the next day....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...or you could retire!!!

      Delete
  10. Anni, what a great year for you. You have so many talents and a keen eye for the things around you. Your pictures are awesome. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and going to have a Happy New Year!

    Now I have to get ready for the Packers-Bears game for all the NFC North marbles!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denver Broncos!!!! What a game!!!

      Happy New Year Chuck, and it's good to see you again in Blogland. You've been missed.

      Delete
  11. You captured Willie! I've been trying to find him but you arrived first. Sparkles in the lake? I've never seen those. Love your art and photography. If I'm very lucky I'll see more of it in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one can beat Willie's style!!! :o) I got to see him in concert twice now, and would go back to see him again in a flash if he were to return to Corpus.

      Thanks for the compliments!!

      Delete
  12. I enjoyed your year in review, and am especially happy to see that you are a very good artist! Your painting and sketches are wonderful! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful look back, Anni! I like the tinman..and the hummingbird nest was a great find! Awesome post and photos.


    Wishing you all the best in 2014, Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Eileen. I enjoyed your year in review also!

      Delete
  14. You are a good photographer but an excellent sketcher as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've had a busy year Anni with photography, quilting, birding and sketching. I always love to see your sketches.

    Wishing you a wonderful 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoy my sketch posts Judy! Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  16. What great post ending and beginning the new year ~ great art work and photography ~ Happy New Year to you ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how you put the events by month. I think I have to do this too (copy cat) lol!! Thanks for the visit Anni I do appreciate your visit all the time. Happy New Year to you and to your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...why not Kim? It's a fun type post....it's a long post, getting things from past months, but it's still a neat idea. Looking forward to readin yours when you have it completed.

      Delete
  18. I LOVED your year in review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've enjoyed your photography, sketches, bird stories and most of all, your hodge podge posts. Looking forward to more visits to your delightful blog, Anni!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I enjoy YOUR posts on your blog dear Veronica!!!

      Happy New Year to you my friend.

      Delete
  20. What a fun post.
    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Riet. And Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  21. Anni you have been one busy lady. How did you ever have time to work? LOL Thank you for this wonderful year in review.
    As for Bdays you and Mom have a big one coming up in 2014
    Hugs madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya...thanks for the Bday reminder. LOL

      Delete
  22. I had a great time in Montana meeting and camping and fishing for two days with blog friends I went to meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....that's awesome. BBC?---your blog is outdated so I don't know where to go to visit with you for your more recent posts. :o(

      Delete
    2. My blog is open to invited readers only because I'm pretty far out there at times, I just think different than many, and risque.

      But here is a link to the Montana event that Doc Terry posted.
      TERI'S POST OF THE TRIP.

      Delete
    3. Okay...I did visit and enjoyed their time in the "Old West"...I do remember Mt. Moriah and it IS nearly a vertical hill up...I had to back down to street level and get into LOW gear to make it up the hill to the cemetery.

      Delete
  23. Enjoyed your trip back in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad to know you enjoyed the post LV.

      Delete
  24. I enjoyed reading this entry, such a neat idea. I wish you and Bud another good year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Paula, and the same sentiment to you and your loved ones.

      Delete
  25. Nice one! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Anni, Looking at the months passed of your posts, I realize how quickly the year flew!
    I wish you a very blessed and very happy New Year. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Catherine. And I'm gonna try this lemon custard cake. Happy New Year to you also.

      Delete
  27. Many thanks for visiting.

    And a very Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank YOU for visiting with ME Lola.

      Delete
  28. a great year in review; best wishes ...

    ReplyDelete
  29. a really nice recap, anni. great birding, great skies. your sketches are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you kindly Ms. "T".

      Delete
  30. Very nice wrap-up. You had a fruitful year. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  31. A great way to take us back through your year of pictures. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow..this took a lot of time..I didn't want to go back into 2013 much, but I wish you a very Happy New Year!!.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete

.