my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Wild Thing....I think I love you...


NATURE NOTES
and
Wild Bird Wednesday
hosted by Michelle and Stewart...see sidebar

There are plenty of days Bud and I go out in search of a new found bird, and the hours outdoors trying to spot a certain species brings home nothing on the camera that has any feathers at all! If I'm out and about walking through parks or trailways, and if it's been a quiet hour or two, I tend to focus my camera on other subjects seen. For instance wildflowers...


...or perhaps different wild things...


This is a Southern Leopard Frog. Also "spotted" at the park where the wildflowers were. Still no birds were seen, I heard them, but can't find 'em. Wait!!...

...aha! Here's one on the power line!! Oh, and another one; at the tree top....



The lemony yellow breast and the slate gray of the Western Kingbird makes an attractive bird to be sure. And their pretty song is always so pleasant a melody to hear.


- - -***- - -



HODGEPODGE
hosted by Joyce...see sidebar link

1. Labor Day weekend (in the US of A) is approaching...what's something you've labored over this year? Well, my answer to this will be revealed on Friday's Fragments that I will begin composing this afternoon!! You'll have to make a return visit.

2. What is one word to describe your 'job' or career? Retired

3. What was your worst or least favorite job ever? Why? My first job...and worst...would be neighborhood babysitting. I did it all too often so I could save up enough money to buy my first car, and the worst part was trying to stay awake 'til the wee hours of the morning for the parents' return!! Needless to say, there were many times I slept 'til 2 in the afternoon at home after babysitting.

4. How do you measure contentment?
...it's all the state of mind. I coulda answered 'by the yard', but I didn't, now that it's been raining nearly every day, the YARD is not making me too content unless we can get out there and MOW.

5. Pickles-like or dislike? What is something you eat that requires a pickle? Dill, bread and butter, sweet gherkins...what's your favorite kind of pickle? My favorite is garlic kosher dill spears!! Something I eat that requires pickles would be a cheeseburger. And I LOVE pickles...all kinds.

6. In your current house-town-state, what is it you like living close to? We relocated here because of the proximity of sand and surf!! I LOVE living by the beach.

7. What is one thing on your 'want-to-do' list before summer draws to an official close? Nuttin' Honey! Just wake up, do as I please, and I'm a happy camper.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Since there was no rebuttal question on 'worst' job, I thought I'd do a random of my favorite jobs...High School Office Superintendent was great working with all the teens. You tend to learn a lot from the younger generation. And the other 'favorite' would be the 10 years I worked in the Psychiatric field....it was scary at times, with troubled people and suicidal thoughts...but the curve of it all was getting to know the doctors, being able to distinguish the medical terms and understand them, and diagnostic 'labels' on patients' charts [The DSM]. The data input for the State Laws. So much it's hard to describe in just one paragraph. Biofeedback was extremely interesting to me, etc. etc. etc.


No copyright infringement intended - Just for a Wild Wednesday...laughter!

By the way, in the Psychiatric field if you enjoyed this cartoon, your diagnosis on YOUR chart could be "291.8 -Induced Sexual Dysfunction"....KIDDING!!!

69 comments :

  1. Hello Anni...these are gorgeous photos !! My favorites are the last with the bird !!

    Wonderful :)

    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Timur. yep, the birds in Texas are phenomenal.

      Delete
  2. You are so funny! I love your photos and the cartoon as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Laura, I'm happy to know you enjoyed this post.

      Delete
  3. We have those frogs all over, and now I know their proper name! I used to love, love, love pickles, and now I can't eat them. Somehow, my tastebuds have changed. Ah well, I do love jalapenos, now, and used to not be able to stand them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I really like jalapenos too!! The hotter the better.

      Delete
  4. I 100% agree with #7! Retirement and the random daily events or unevents are wonderful.

    The cartoon is hilarious and probably not to far off in the future.. the way some folks are permanently attached to their iThings...
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, I must remember to continue to upgrade my stuff! rofl

      Delete
  5. I am glad you had a good walk and found what you were looking for and it seems that you always find more than you set out to see. Love the flowers and I do have a thing for frogs and toads.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for hosting Michelle

      Delete
  6. Wonderfully creative presentation of beautiful photos ~ carol, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES, I really think the best thing to do is get up when we want and do what we want and take our time about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cartoon!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....Gary, you're a good candidate for the diagnostic testing then. [of course, just kidding!!!]

      Delete
  9. Beautiful flowers and birds. I'm glad you photographed them and shared with us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad that you enjoyed this post today, Mick.

      Delete
  10. Oh, that is funny! I'm afraid I laughed way too hard at it to be thought innocent. And I also loved all the flower pictures, Anni. Totally beautifully framed and photographed. I could do without that toad, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went back today, and the frog was nowhere to be found. I thought he was pretty. And quite HUGE.

      Delete
  11. I love wild flowers :-). The pink ones are so beautiful. Uh! a yellow-colored bird -- they are just gorgeous whether they are small or big -- they just color up the whole atmosphere with their color. Those random thoughts are interesting to read :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I too like those pink flowers...they're kinda invasive tho, 'cause the vines cling to other trees. But when it blooms, it's gorgeous.

      Delete
  12. Last year I learned that the wild sunflower is called swamp daisy in SC. Wildflowers have a beauty of their very own. Learning and experimenting is my favorite pastime now. Frogs are neat! Living by the sea is grand as well. Please visit my friend's webpage for wonderful photos of nature:
    http://phillanoue.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that about it being called a swamp daisy. Learn something every day, thanks to you blogger friends.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful flowers, Anni! And great shots of the Western Kingbird. Wonderful post, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. thank you...it's been a long time since you've paid me a visit Nick. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  16. I like your wildflowers and the frog.
    You sure did have some interesting jobs over the years didn't you. Well maybe except for the babysitting....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, that babysitting...one year I took on a summer babysitting job...every day, 5 days a week. That was the longest summer I had as a teen.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful flowers and birdies!!!!! I "labor" over keeping the weight off... I'm determined not to gain it back THIS time (like all of the times before).

    Worst job was my last one... I had met George and all of a sudden, that job was not important YET my boss was pressuring me to do more. I RETIRED early to get away from that one... My best job was the 12 years I spent in Clear Lake, TX...

    Contentment to me is sitting in my recliner watching the birds on the deck!!! My favorite pickles are my mother's Bread and Butter. Haven't tasted any that good since...

    We have EVERYTHING here---4 wonderful seasons; winter not too cold; summer not too hot; amenities all around --and perfect for retirees. Who could want anything more????

    I'm satisfied --and just hope we don't have any hot weather before Fall gets here.. It's been a mild summer (YEAH).

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom used to make bread and butter also. Crunchy, crisp and ever so tasty; full of cloves which made them extra good. You can't find them like that in the store.

      Delete
  18. I love all your wild things photos!
    I never knew you worked in the psychiatric field. I've never enjoyed psych nursing and am impressed with those who do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've posted about it a few times before, you probably just missed those in the past. Ya, it was a great job...very interesting on how people's minds work. I still to this day try to analyze some. It's a habit I guess.

      Delete
  19. enjoyed the botanical and bird images very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed this post Carole

      Delete
  20. Lovely photos! The cartoon is awesome. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's good to laugh, glad you enjoyed it Gunilla.

      Delete
  21. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful photos, Anni! Really love the bird ones! Yes, it must be nice living so close to the beach...I could get used to that! I bet you encountered all sorts of situations when you worked as a High School Office Superintendent...and times have sure changed since then, I'm certain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April!!! It's so nice to see you here. You've been missed. Oh yes, teens can be a fret, but most often than not, they're fun and rewarding.

      Delete
  22. You sound completely content. That's a wonderful place to be in life, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I've always been a happy person, and figure why bother with the unpleasant corners that come my way...just turn the corner and a good part is ahead!!

      Delete
  23. I can tell you really enjoy life and do what you please! Retired doesn't mean to stop enjoying life; it just means another chapter to write.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the garlic dills too. If you like spicy you should try the Clausen spicy dill...I grabbed them by mistake one day (didn't know they made them), thought I was grabbing regular dill. Now we're hooked : ) I'll have to check back to see your 'labors'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, Bud and I both like Spicy foods...will have to get some and try them. I too didn't know they had them on the shelves.

      Delete
  25. As always, I enjoyed reading your "Hodgepodge" answers. You made me smile more than once :)

    So glad to hear that you guys are getting some rain! I'm also glad that, for once, we are not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and to replenish the reservoirs around here, we need MUCH MORE rains. I hope real soon, the weather patterns get back to normal.

      Delete
  26. Came by yesterday but got distracted and never did come back to finish reading....
    Have you posted a photo of the quilt yet?
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that post is coming soon to a blog near you!! ;o)

      Delete
  27. You got some lovely shots while searching for birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...there's purdy stuff everywhere...somewhere. Thanks Pat

      Delete
  28. I so agree with #7!! Funny cartoon...it's probably coming to that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...that thought, even, about the 'apps' is quite a scary one. LOL

      Delete
  29. Wonderful lemon colour in those birds. Pickled onions with strong cheese - its some kind of heaven!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stewart? Have you ever tried pickled boiled eggs? [And Beer?]

      Thanks for hosting WBW

      Delete
    2. Pickled eggs come a very close second - my gran (on my mums side) used to recycle the vinegar used for onions to pickle eggs - it gave them an extra savoury taste!

      I think that must have come for from having no money to spend on new vinegar! Pickled red cabbage is good too!

      SM

      PS; And yes , I have tried beer!

      Delete
    3. LOL....ya, Fosters? Anyway, I WILL have to try the pickled onions. Sounds really good.

      Delete
  30. Love your pretty photos as always.
    I love the beach, too. Never knew if I would like LIVING there all the time but it sure was fun to visit. When my sis in law lived on PA, her house was destroyed a couple of times...nothing that couldn't be fixed, tho. they loved it there. After she passed away, he remarried and moved to the Texas Hill country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think that in what's left of my life, I'll never leave the closeness of the beach/sea!!

      Delete
  31. Love your cartoon! Hahaha! I also like your frog ... I just love frogs and find their croaking so relaxing. One of my favourite things about my happy place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's cool Janet. By the way, enjoy that special trip.

      Delete
    2. The frog is so cute and the King Bird is great too. My favorite job was being Flight Attendant for Braniff International Airlines. My worst job was in a sewing factory, placing belt loops on men's pants...what a different those 2 positions were! Happy Labor Day weekend~

      Delete
    3. ...for some reason, I wasn't surprised that you were a flight attendant. You look like one. Does that make sense?

      Delete
  32. You are a hoot, Anni! Love you! The photos are astounding!

    ReplyDelete

.