my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Overheard conversation?





WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY
and
Nature Notes





"...This is a tasty tidbit!  Mmmm, mmm, goo-o-o-d"


"But wait...I want more!....I'm still hungry.  Over here!  Can anyone hear me?"


"...Hey?  Is somebody here...listen to me!  Don't turn your back on me...feed me."


"Quiet down, you moron...geez, they'll feed us when they're  good and ready! Just play it cool, bro!"


"Where's the food?  Yahoo?  Anyone?" 
:::maybe if I say please?:::

"Sea-czar? It's your turn;  feed 'em. I'm going to a movie. I hear A Fish Called Wanda is good. I'll be back in a couple of hours.  In the meantime, they're all yours!"






HODGEPODGE


1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant? Wait a day and the first week'll be over?!!

2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a Bellini? What's your peach pleasure? Simple...this could be my answer to the first question...just picked off the tree and eat it!!

3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain. Disagree I imagine. Doing scary things isn't good for my ticker!!

4. What's your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one. I think it would have to be cooking. That is a household chore, isn't it?

5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. This is their list:

Butterfly Beach in Santa Monica CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.

Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
Been to all the states, but not to any of the mentioned spots for sunset watching. Of the ones listed, I would have to say I'd choose Grand Canyon with the crevices, the pine trees, the river and the colors of the canyon, the depths, the angles, the perspectives all rolled into one sight viewing, no matter what spot you're at at the time... it would have to be there. And the prettiest sunset I've seen, being so numerous, I'll pick a recent one in my memory:


Marble Falls, Texas Hill Country!! I posted this before, here...it is one sunset I don't think I'll ever forget. This photo is right off the camera...no enhancements needed!!!!

6. What's your favorite or most used app? If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website? I have all my shortcuts on my phone's homepage...like my personal blogs, my email accounts, hurricane updates, baseball scores, etc. The apps are on the 2nd swipe. The most used while home is the "local" app since I look up restaurants, etc. within our area. Now the one I use that is most when driving, but don't like, is Navigation app... when we're in another city/state and driving to a specific park, address, restaurant---reason I use it is its convenience and it's a drive friendly app with voice activation for exits, turns, blocks/miles...the reason I don't care for it....it drains the phone's battery way too quickly!!! Oh and GAS BUDDY is good and used...so I can see the asking price at my favorite station - OR where it's cheaper!!

7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far. 1] My age: each day is just that!! 2]It's difficult to sum up a year.

8. Insert your own random thought here. Just thinking. If [from a cowboy's view]:

OBAMA wants us to cut the amount of gasoline we use.....

The best way to stop using so much gasoline is to deport 15 million illegal immigrants!

That would be 15 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.....
Bring our troops home from Afghanistan to guard the borders.... When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the Border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Afghanistan .... Tell him if he wants to come to AMERICA then he must serve a tour in OUR military.... Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it......After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country.....He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal resident......This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Afghanistan and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Afghanistan anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo. Problem solved.....

82 comments :

  1. Great photos and captures !!

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun photos! Some birds never get enough to eat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you got that right, and I'm sure the parents would agree.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful shots and I like the bird conversation at the beginning of this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...those babies are a loud, rambunctious lot.

      Delete
  4. For the life of me I simply cannot figure out how to contact you with a blog I wrote about wild animals and birds. I only know how to copy and past an url address. Here it is:
    http://nookworm-connectionsmore.blogspot.com/2011/04/thinking-back_30.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, and then the fact that I keep my email private for a reason that I don't allow myself more than a couple hours a day at the computer desk...leaving me a link in my blog comments is perfect!!!

      Delete
  5. Laughed at the conversation you overheard in the bird world, Anni. Those are great shots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photo montage! That little bird looks like he's saying just that.

    And that sunset picture? Oh.my.goodness. What glorious beauty! You should enter that into a contest. It is truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly. That made me feel really good about the sunset image. And...Shelly, I thought of you this morning when I typed that little spiel at the end of my hodgepodge post...the cowboy's idea...just please, don't take it personally. It was a copy/paste from an email I rec'd. And to let you know, I have two sisters-in-law that are of Mexican American decent. I love 'em...no matter what...period!!!

      Delete
  7. lol....I work with a couple of ladies that live with illegal immigrants...and when they have been shipped back home before, the ladies I work with just go back down and pick them up. sheesh. I love your idea. Run for governor and solve this problem, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...problem is...I didn't write this with my own thoughts...it was a cowboy's lament. I just copied and pasted it from an email I rec'd.

      Delete
  8. And I want to add- the cowboy's view is right on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....well, I just didn't want you to feel offended! Phew...I'm glad to read this comment. Most of all.

      Delete
  9. You get the best bird shots! I love that conversation too. :)
    I've never been to any of those sunset locations, but the sun set over Lake Michigan is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Lake Michigan is pretty...and I have to admit, even in the 'dead of winter' too.

      Delete
  10. Oh Anni you did a fine job with that conversation!!! Too funny
    Mom is having a time with our blog today. We cannot log onto our blog the normal way. We check online evidently the new google is requiring all to have a g mail account to log on. Currently we are going about it in a very long and tedious way.
    Hugs madi and Mom your BFFFs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm, I'm logged in and have no gmail account with this particular blog. It just may be a temporary glitch.

      Delete
  11. Just love your story in photo's - very good! :) I like cooking too - I don't see it as a chore though! Doing something dangerous ... mmmm! I might ;) Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dangerous?........hmmm, as long as it doesn't entail you in your new Mercedes!!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. ...you're awesome yourself, in case you didn't know that!!! Thanks Denise.

      Delete
  13. I enjoyed this post..loved the talking birds and the sunset... PS..cooking is not my favorite... LOL.. Michelle from Nature Notes...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sunset is amazing, breath taking, stunning...pretty much no words needed come to think of it. I just got a SmartPhone!! Still learning, but I will remember this abut the navigation app! I have been checking it out and my battery is not lasting, so now I KNOW! What is your phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...ya, the batteries don't last long enough for me either. But then, I expected it to last at least a whole day...but nope. Anyway, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy

      Delete
  15. I love those random thoughts but now I know why they are a hodgepodge - it's the blonde origins. No matter - my favourite household chore is cutting the grass and seeing the birds come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rofl...Phil, you crack me up. Blonde origins can be detrimental at times...trust me. LOL

      Oh dang, I bet you wouldn't like mowing the grass here with the humidity at 90% and the temperatures in the triple digits by noon! Now the bird part, I understand totally.

      Delete
  16. Those photos are fun and the captions are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Mick, glad you enjoyed the captions today. By the way, has anyone ever called you Mick Dundee? No? Okay, then, never mind.

      Delete
  17. Loved the bird captions. Only buzzards and crows around here lately.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute Anni! And a FABULOUS sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you kindly Karen!

      Delete
  19. Lovely shots! The sunset is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Gunilla...and that sunset just blew me away. We had been on the road since about 2 a.m. and arrived at the area we were gonna spend the evening....as we turned off the main highway around the curve to the hotel, we saw this! And to top it off, there is a lake right under the sunset. It WAS magnificent.

      Delete
  20. Hallo liebe Anni,

    deie Möwenfotos haben mich sehr amüsiert und dein Sonnenuntergang ist prachtvoll.

    Ein lieber Gruß von Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...happy to know it was an amusing post for you and that you enjoyed the sunset 'Tilda!!

      Delete
  21. Another fun post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Gary, I'm happy to know you enjoyed this fun post this week.

      Delete
  22. Cute conversation to go with those pictures.
    I agree totally with your random thought and I think maybe they could also include anyone who is able bodied and collecting public assistance to serve in armed forces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...excellent added thought Ann!!!

      Delete
  23. Cool captions and gull photos. The sunset is gorgeous, lovely capture Anni!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Eileen. I enjoyed your bittern photos today also!!!

      Delete
  24. neat photos and commentary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Carole...love your wren and osprey share today too.

      Delete
  25. The conversation is sooo cute. Just like watching an animated video or reading a fable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...glad to know you enjoyed it Janaki

      Delete
  26. Loved your post, Anni. You covered 2 of my favorite things...birds and sunsets. That is a gorgeous sunset!!

    Also, I'll have to say I agree wholeheartedly with the Cowboy! Whoever he is needs to run in the next election.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the gulls! Best way to de-clutter my life would be to stop blogging! But I get the feeling thats not going to happen.

    Your combined solution to the immigrant / need to troops issue was not very sensitive - but it made me laugh out loud!!!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well....I think the whole concept of the immigration problem in USA; this cowboy's thought, was meant to be funny. At least that's how I took it.

      Delete
  28. That TX sunset is stunning!!! And I love that you said cooking - yes I would say it is a chore too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....any other 'work' chore would NOT be a favorite, no matter how I look at it.

      Delete
  29. So adore your running fun commentary with the photos of the birds. A brilliant match.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your random thought, Annie! That's a good idea to a growing problem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it makes sense I guess. But, of course, being the nation of 'politically correct' these days, highly improbable. LOL

      Delete
  31. cooking is definitely a chore - not a huge fan of cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's a 'chore' no matter how you look at it, but I enjoy it.

      Delete
  32. What a greedy baby, no wonder she had to go to the flicks. Love that sunset too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ,,,yes, all the time we were there at the birding area, this one never shut up. lol

      Delete
  33. The sunset photo was truly amazing.
    Your #8 comment was quite thought provoking . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I saw humor in the thought, but I guess it could be a serious gesture in the given situation.

      Delete
  34. Wow, gorgeous sunset! Isn't it amazing how good the photography is on our phones? And I agree, frustrating that the navigation apps use up so much battery power... but they sure are handy in an unfamiliar place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time I forgot my car charger, and by the time we got to our destination, I was nearly out of phone power. Thank goodness, we had the wall charger or I'd have been up the creek without a paddle!!

      By the way, the sunset picture was taken from a 'real' camera, not a cellphone.

      Delete
  35. I love your random thought. Made me laugh out loud, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, it's nice to see you play along with Joyce's Hodgepodge. It's a great group with a wonderful hostess!!

      Delete
  36. That sunset is fiercely beautiful! A couple of weeks ago I did see the sunset from Hopi Point in the Grand Canyon, but it was a disappointment. The sky was cloudless and it was like someone just turned the lights off. I have to say that the play of light against the canyon walls in the opposite direction was spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in AZ for a decade, the time to get photos of the Canyon and sunsets, are either in the monsoon season, or the dead of winter!!

      Delete
  37. I wish we had a peach tree, although the ones we get at Costco & Trader Joes are heavingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the drought continuing is not good for the TX peach crop this year. Sadly

      Delete
  38. Very sweet bird images...hmmm...favorite household chore...I enjoy cooking, but my kitchen is currently in transition and I stress over every meal produced right now ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it would be considered a chore to some tho. It really isn't to me, unless it's a big meal with lots of pots and pans used. LOL

      Delete
  39. Great sunset shot. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it took my breath away. I don't think I've EVER seen the sky so red.

      Delete
  40. I love the chubby bird : ) And that sunset photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the cowboy's answers. I've said the same things. Your photo of the sunset is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol? Your Google+ page has no "contributor to" links!! I have no idea, then, where your blog is. Sorry I can't visit if I don't know where you are in the world of blogging!

      Delete

.