my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Week in review...

The last week's time since I posted my fragments has been rather quiet 'round here:

  1. One thing we finally took upon ourselves is to make a trip to our cellphone company and get upgraded!! For months now, we both had bad batteries in our smartphones. We surmised this by their little quirks. My phone would reboot all by itself at several intervals when it was supposed to be in the 'sleep' mode, all during the day's use, and even sometimes when I was on the phone's browser, it would just stop and reboot! That is the definitive sign something's amiss, right? And Bud's phone when he would plug it in at the day's end to charge overnight, he'd get up in the morning and turn it on only to find that instead of charging overnight it had drained the power on the battery's charge! Of course the two of us procrastinate when it comes to getting something like this fixed. Why? Well, of the many many 'corner stores' for our carrier's cellphones, there are only three stores here in town that have the technicians available. And in order to get a fix on the situation, we usually have to enter said store, and then sign in.........AND WAIT. Wait for a long time. Which to me is something of a waste of my day. I have no patience when it boils down to electronics repair work.
  2. We did make it in tho, and ended up upgrading to a new style of smartphone! We loved our choices and left quite pleased. Until we got home!!!
  3. The technician took my OLD phone data and transferred it to BUD's new phone that HE chose. And visa versa. I booted my phone and found I had BUD's email account, his bookmarks, his music, etc. etc. etc. I was able to export/import the music and the bookmarks and the contact lists....but I, for the life of me, could not figure out how to set up our email accounts on the proper phones. And calling the company's hot line/customer service, the person I talked with told me it must be 'done in the shop'. So, back we went the next day. ALL'S WELL IN THE SMARTPHONE household now!
  4. Purchased more movies to watch on these hot summer days as we spend a lot of time indoors in the heat of the day...007's Skyfall. In my opinion, it was really nothing much different than all the other Bond movies. Everyone we talked with over the last year or so told the two of us "It's the BEST Bond film yet." Whatever. Another one we bought was D'Jango Unchained. It was good. I liked the German Bounty Hunter...but in its entirety it was quite gory in many places. 'Nough said. We also got with our buy two get one free offer, Zero Dark Thirty which we haven't taken time to watch yet. After we viewed D'Jango Unchained, we both agreed that the Dr. character was best...and this year of all years I never checked who won the oscar 'til the day after we watched it...Christopher Walz won the award...he is the German Bounty Hunter!
  5. We went birding just one day this week; it's been too hot and very sultry. Along the trail, the beautiful song of a killdeer was heard and Bud spotted it on the ground several feet off the path. As we neared it a bit more, it played injured...flew off to the other side, and the pose it struck on the ground was like it had wing injuries....then, scurried around flitting into the camera's viewfinder and out of sight so very quickly. [As this photo I share, I was trying to focus on it and all too often it would disappear before I could even depress the shutter!] What boggles my mind in all this, this scenario, is how nature can work such wonders...protecting their offspring. Of course, I scanned the thick overgrown grasses for a nest or even little ones, I saw nothing. Took a few photos, and then finished walking to the end of the trail and returned all too quickly to the car. By the time I got inside the vehicle, I was so uncomfortably hot. I was happy to turn on the air conditioner. So spoiled am I!
  6. Our 4th of July was peaceful and lazy. I made our traditional quickie meal for dinner...All American Hot Dogs with baked beans and Mustard Potato Salad with of course, our tossed salad [we have a tossed salad nearly every night]. For dessert I made homemade Cinnabon-like cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting! Top that off with an icy cold glass of milk and I'm in heaven.
  7. I'm late getting around to repaying visits to y'all who stopped by the last couple days and left comments --I guess the holiday made me just want to do not much of anything. But, I WILL get 'round to give you a biggo Texas "Howdy"!!


photo of cellphone courtesy of google search - no copyright infringement intended

    15 comments :

    1. Happy Independence Day...I know i´am a day too late, but hope enjoyed your day !

      Greetings

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...thanks Timur, for the holiday wishes and dropping in for a visit.

        Delete
    2. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Love your new blog look.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Denise, hope you enjoyed your holiday also, and thanks!

        Delete
    3. I always hate going to the cell phone store. You wait forever and then they never seem to be very helpful unless you're spending lots of money. Glad you got yours all straightened out

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...that's all about the American greed these days. #1 is how to make a profit. You're so right.

        Delete
    4. Oh, the troubles those smart phones bring! I am glad that you all got it straightened out. That little bird put on quite the show for you!

      I'm dreaming of Christmas weather in July...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, I hear ya!! Why, even November temps would work for me 'bout now.

        Delete
    5. Yay for new techie toys. Mom and I have a new (to us) computer.
      It has a monitor twice as large as our old one. Mom feels like she is watching a movie.
      Hugs Madi and Mom

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know just what you mean. Enjoy!

        Delete
    6. I recently snapped a Killdeer, but have never heard it's sound!!! So glad about your phones, I would love a smart phone!! I hate my phone but now the contract is up and time to decide what to do. Well, that settles that, I will NOT watch Skyfall!

      ReplyDelete
    7. My smart phone is old. I need another one with more memory. I guess it's sorta like me. I am getting older and need more memory, too. Ha ha. Enjoy your weekend.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Interesting, the bird played injured. I would love to see that. Those cinnamon rolls sound yummy! Wish I had some right now. Have a great weekend.

      ReplyDelete
    9. We must have the same cell carrier:(
      I have to go into Philadelphia to ever get a repair or I have to send the phone in and be without for days. It is beyond frustrating.
      I still am in awe of that Bell Telephone my grandparents had on their kitchen wall for 40 years. My how things have changed:(
      The only movie I saw that you mentioned was Zero Dark Thirty. My husband and I both liked it but were left with one question. I will let you know what that question is after you watch the movie.
      What a smart bird...
      It is finally hot here too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I'm glad you like your new phones, that's some mixin' up of info they did though. It sounds like something that would happen to me.

      ReplyDelete

    .