my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Out of the ashes...rises the Phoenix

We've been lazing around this week. Doing not much of anything. We did go beaning one day, and will probably be out on the beach again today if the tide's low...looking for drift seeds. Last year, we found VERY few. But this past week, Old Mexico has had their first hurricane make landfall from the Pacific side of the coast; heading eastward. So, it's kinda churning up the Gulf of Mexico and the wave action in our area is a bit 'rougher' than usual. At least the day we went out. Once the waters get to heavin' and rollin' a bit, the drift seeds show up on the beach. The other day, when we decided to go searching for some, the tide was a bit too high yet, and the seaweed was really a bit too soggy to go tromping through. But I did find three heart beans and one hamburger bean. I was surprised, and a bit happy to know they're returning to our area. The Sea Heart is my favorite. They ARE shaped like hearts.

We continue to return to one refuge to find some baby American Coots. To no avail tho. We can hear them chirping and calling out, but the mommies and daddies are keeping them well hidden in the back bushes along the canal. Oh well. If we're persistent enough, maybe one day...

We had a two day Robert Langdon movie marathon. LOL. Not really a marathon, but the last two nights we have sat down and watched THE DA VINCI CODE and ANGELS AND DEMONS. It's been quite a while since we've watched them. Even tho we know the outcome, they still hold our interest.

Why? Well, I'll tell you why. Monday I bought a new book that has just been put out on the shelves recently. At Target they had the book, Inferno, on sale for $17.95 [original price $29.95}...so, I bought it. And I tell you...it has been a page turner from the get-go!! I'm more than half way through the book already and I don't want to put it down, but have to to eat and sleep...oh, and do laundry. Wish I could just continue to read 24/7. It's that good. Another thriller/suspense novel by Dan Brown [he authored The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons and The Lost Symbol]. I've often wondered why The Lost Symbol hasn't been made into a movie. But I kinda figure, even tho the sites online tell me differently, I think that our government has a lot to do with this 'delay'....the story of the Lost Symbol takes place in Washington, D. C. See where I'm going with that thought?!! Y'all know the government has their sticky hands into everything these days.

Then, to end my short post for the day, I thought I'd share some sky photos I took the other morning, early. I went out to take a photo of the moon before sunrise, and found that there were 'storm clouds' high above. Ya, it threatened rain, but nope...not this time. In any case, the clouds and sky made for a good photo shoot. Oh ya, I designed a new copyright logo to paste into my photos with a Victorian Lady....



...this last one I'm sharing when I saw it through the viewfinder, I thought immediately of the folklore/legend of THE PHOENIX!! Do you too see the rising of the Phoenix?!!! In Greek mythology the phoenix is cyclically regenerated or reborn. The phoenix [usually depicted as a large black crow-shaped bird with artistic embellishments] rises from the ashes of its former self and obtains new life. The phoenix was adopted in early Christianity as a symbol and is referenced in modern day culture.

37 comments :

  1. Very pretty photos! Love the Phoenix. I've read Dan Brown's books too and really enjoy them. I'll have to look for the new one. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's a very good book in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! I haven't heard of the book Inferno but will keep my eyes open for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the book just came out in the last month or so.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I see the phoenix too. The photo of the moon is incredibly detailed! Very nice sky series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely skyscapes Anni! And yes! Taht does look like a phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm wondering if this is a 'sign'. LOL

      Delete
  5. Your photos are great! I enjoy your beach remarks! Now I have to google "drift seeds,heart beans, and hamburger beans"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...there is a great site on "Texas" Drift Seeds.

      Delete
  6. Oh, my, your sky shots are amazing! What is beaning, by the way? I've never heard of this activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Gail. And beaning is collecting seeds that drift from the tropics up to the Gulf shores.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, you have found the mythical Phoenix!!!!! Also great sky shots, I love the hole in the clouds with the sun pouring in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a glorious sunrise!

      Delete
  8. Awesome set of photos! Love the moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you liked them Christina.

      Delete
  9. Those photos are stunning! Each one is breathtaking. Wow-

    I'm going to have to look for that book. I'm searching for some page turners to round out my summer reading list-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...if you like suspenseful reading, this is a perfect one.

      Delete
  10. Drift seeds, not sure what they are? I will have to check on the book Inferno, a real page turner sounds good to me! I love all your shots and the Phoenix! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, they are seeds that wash ashore here on the coast...been drifting on the Gulf Waters for miles and miles from the tropical forests, etc.

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed looking at your photos. Our clouds have been very black and ugly and tornados all around lately.
    I have read that book and it was one that you have a very hard time putting it down.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh boy...tornadoes are scary!!!

      Delete
  12. Yup, that looks like a phoenix! Great shy shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic shots, Anni! And yes, how could anybody NOT see the phoenix? So cool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so, you're saying you can see the Phoenix then? [just kidding] ---glad you enjoyed these sunrise photos DJ

      Delete
  14. Love the pictures. Every cloud does have a silver lining doesn't it? ;)Very cool picture of the Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures! I wish I were retired and lived near the beach. That sounds so nice. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...trust me, it IS wonderful [until a hurricane threat is headed our way]

      Delete
  16. Wow! Those are some pretty amazing sky shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you liked viewing them.

      Delete
  17. Great photos - and I MUST get that book!!!
    By the way - I love your lifestyle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW Linda, I kinda enjoy our life style too.
      Hope the quads had a great birthday.

      Delete
  18. I LOVE the photos and the phoenix oh my. I love your copyright too. So original:)
    I am fascinated by Dan Brown and I'm sure you are correct about the government. The Lost Symbol would make a great movie.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete

.