my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Ecclectic - here, there, everywhere...

...first, thanks for all the complimentary comments yesterday that y'all left for me on the quarter million view tally for Hootin' Anni's. It's much appreciated, and I KNOW that I have everyone who takes time to leave comments, like you, being the reason I continue to publish posts in my diary. You make it all worth while.

Today, I'm going to participate in Friday Fragments and just show you images of the past while out on our walking trips in and around the area. Also, this is an opportunity for me to begin cleaning out my photos folder on the computer. LOL...


...first one is from our own back yard. One rose:





Corpus Christi NAS:
AWAC flying over the bay through the misty morning air
...coming in on landing approach at the base.





Coast Guard Testing
It's a land and take off scenario...
where the pilot practices several
landing and take-off attempts.
This particular day, the jet noise was deafening.
[near the NAS base]





Catamaran turned shrimp boat?
Either that, or a new design for shrimpers!!
...fancy!!









Jack Rabbit Bunny
















Butterfly
what species, I'm not sure.








A Feral Cat [following us on a bird trail]
Well camouflaged
I saw the grass moving...no wind.
Then, I spotted it!







Mrs. Bags
Alligator at Wildlife Refuge
Port Aransas, Texas









Red Lizard
Hans Suter Wildlife Refuge
Oso Bay, Corpus Christi Texas











Shrimp Boat
Sea Gulls and Pelicans looking
for 'Handouts' from the crew...
near C C Marina









Small Passenger Plane
coming in to land at
Corpus Christi International Airport








"Here-re-re-re-re Lizard, Lizard
LIZARD"
Live Oaks Park
Ingleside, Texas






...and lastly, this sight just blew me away! Nestled in amongst an oak motte, at the Audubon Birding area on Padre Island, near the Packery Channel, as we walked out of the area to get back to the car, I happened to notice in the shadows of the trees, something dark and sinister looking. I took my camera back out of the bag and zoomed in close....



ADDENDUM; [added info 12:40 PM] Sorry, I shoulda posted what it is...it's a wasp nest. And the size of it all was phenomenal!! About the size of a two loaf bread box! Abandoned tho, thank goodness.

38 comments :

  1. Beautiful fragments. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Denise, and you too...enjoy the weekend.

      Delete
  2. What great photos I enjoy them. I can imagine the sound of those planes. We have helicopters that roar over on their training flights.
    Hope that you have a wonderful and safe weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I keep clicking on your link, but I do. I'm always hoping that your new boss has lightened up a bit and allowing you to at least do some blogging during your lunch hour........oh well, but it would be nice to find out what you've been doing lately.

      Have a great holiday weekend Sharon.

      Delete
  3. Great shots, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful series, Anni! I love the critters and the beautiful rose. Wish you a happy holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, have a safe holiday weekend too, Eileen.

      Delete
  5. Well, what the heck is that dark and sinister thing? You just left us hanging....kinda' like it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ADDENDUM; [added info 12:40 PM] Sorry, I shoulda posted what it is...it's a wasp nest. And the size of it all was phenomenal!! About the size of a two loaf bread box! Abandoned tho, thank goodness.

      Delete
  6. You always take such stunning shots, Anni! And what the heck is that last thing? :) Have a marvelous weekend! :)

    Country Stars Shine Bright: Friday Fragments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ADDENDUM; [added info 12:40 PM] Sorry, I shoulda posted what it is...it's a wasp nest. And the size of it all was phenomenal!! About the size of a two loaf bread box! Abandoned tho, thank goodness.

      Delete
  7. Each of these pictures is amazing in it's own way. I LOVE the shrimp boat with the gulls begging! And the feral cat, butterfly and rabbit, ALL excellent catches and sharp and clear. Love the colors on the butterfly. I would not have snapped the nest, I would have turned and RAN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Ginny, that nest was a far piece from where I stood. I used the zoom.

      Delete
  8. I saw your comment on Stacy Uncorked about a big wasp nest, and I came to take a look. It's really, really HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How amazing! You have a winning attitude so of course your blog is super positive!! I always enjoy visiting you! Everyone does!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Linda!! You most certainly helped in getting the count up there.

      Delete
  10. I love all the shots. I think my favorite is the feral cat. That wasps nest is unbelievable. Glad to hear it was abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....it blended in the golden grass so well, it was really difficult to find him.

      Delete
  11. You took us right on your adventures with you in these great pictures. That is a fancy shrimp boat- never seen one like it.

    The wasp nest- eeek! So glad it was abandoned! Would not want to run into those fellows at all~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me either. I wouldn't have even gone to the two gazebos on the birding trail if it had even ONE wasp flying nearby. LOL

      Delete
  12. A lovely selection of fragments Anni. Happy Memorial Day Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...have a great, happy and safe weekend yourself, Denise.

      Delete
  13. Busy, busy busy! Wonderful shots. Lots going on and some cute critters! Happy Critter Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...loved your elephants too!!

      Delete
  14. really great critters of all kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a busy area on the land, sea and air -- lots of great photos Anni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang...it's like I coulda had a V8 moment. Wish I'd thought of that which you commented...it would have made a great title for this blog post. :-)

      Delete
  16. A wonderful eclectic group of photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed these!!

      Delete
  17. Wow, what fun photos and a busy time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kinda a garbled mess, but it's a good way of cleaning out my folder. LOL

      Delete
  18. Beautiful critters. I love the lizards and the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you don't happen to know what kind of butterfly, do you?

      Delete
  19. WOW Anni, I see only PERFECT photos! All great. Of course I love especially the critters. Good for you, the wasps were not at home!

    Liebe Grüße,
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I know, that nest is so evil looking, isn't it?

      Delete

.