my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Spring flowers a'bloom....

- I swear I wouldn't have believed you if you told me so!! Another cruise ship fiasco? What? Does that make three now, in the last year? I do know that the Carnival Line is quite inexpensive to board, so perhaps the old adage of "You get what you pay for" applies here. My goodness. And then, to top it off, I read that some passengers do not have passports?!!! The ship's company is paying for their return flights home or to their destinations...but delays will surely pop up 'cause of lack of passports? What on earth are these people thinking when they leave home without it?!!! No matter if it's a ship of your homeland...a passport is a must....just in case something like this happens, wouldn't you think?

- Two more wild days on the shore here and then it's over 'til next year. Another delay on one day this week on the island highway...a 'humdinger' of an accident involving Spring Breakers.

- I mentioned on my previous post that the hibiscus are blooming profusely in our yard. Here are just a few...

- About a couple of weeks ago, I took from the planter on the patio, another hibiscus, and put it in the ground in the yard. Which left a 'bare spot' on the patio, so I bought a small rose bush to replace where the hibiscus was with the rose...


...and just off the patio's edge, the Don Juan Pink Climbing Rose is getting a lot of new growth, AND the first flower of the season:



- Speaking of the patio. I've got in mind a new craft project. One I saw online. But it entails me saving a lot of tin cans. This will take a bit of time to collect the necessary items and then with the assistance of my handy dandy 'tool'...Bud...we'll get'er dun. Might take some weeks tho, maybe months. Who knows. It's gonna be a fun project, and yet, time consuming just to get all the required things rounded up and readied.

Guess that's it for the day. The sun will be up soon, the day will warm up nicely, and there's more yard work to be done, and maybe a trip to the grocery store. Used up all the tossed salad fixin's last night and we both like to have a small tossed salad with our dinners.

44 comments :

  1. Those hibiscus are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome sweet one....glad you enjoyed their beauty.

      Delete
  2. They are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I cant wait for flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so jealous with the beauty in your flowers. I would be happy to see a green blade of grass.LOL
    I can not wait to see what you have come up with for your patio.
    I can not believe the troubles these ships are having. I have always wanted to take a cruise but I think I will keep my feet on dry land,
    Have a wonderful day working in the yard.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too...dry land is much more appealing.

      Delete
  4. I love, love, love those flowers. Love springtime. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too...Spring, I think, is my favorite season. Then, a close 2nd is Autumn.

      Delete
  5. I am not getting on a cruise ship, ever! First the Posieden Adventure and Titanic movies, and now these fiascos...

    Your hibiscus are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me either...I'll stay on dry land.

      Delete
  6. I'm so ready for Spring! Your flowers are gorgeous and are making me a wee bit jealous.
    Can't wait to hear what you're doing with the cans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...your Spring will be too close to our summer time temps. So, hold off as long as you can in Michigan please. ;o)

      Delete
  7. Wow, another cruise ship problem. We always go on Holland America...expensive but good. Love the hibiscus photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing isn't it? It's kinda like someone's sabotaging the Carnival line.

      Delete
  8. Your flowers are beautiful Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, glad you enjoyed the pics of them.

      Delete
  9. you could not pay be enough to ever go on a crusie... never have wanted to and definately dont now... Your flowers are gorgeous... I cant wait for warmer weather... I love when the flowers are blooming everywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it's like a door of color has opened up around the country in Spring.

      Delete
  10. We don't take cruises but these recent problems which appear preventable with money spent on maintenance certainly gives us more reasons not to try it.
    Nice pics of very nice flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, the money isn't being used in the proper places...seems like someone is filling their pockets instead of keeping in mind that repair work isn't needed.

      Delete
  11. I took one cruise a few years ago and it was on Carnival. I hated it. Thank God we didn't experience some of the problems being reported lately, but I found the food terrible and the ship not as pristine as I had imagined. Never again. Your hibiscus look beautiful! Mine was blooming like crazy and then we had a couple of nights of low 30 temps. It looks terrible, but I can see tiny bits of green on the stalks, so I guess it will make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't take a cruise if they paid me. I went down the Mississippi on a riverboat once and the stench just was too much. Of course they're a lot smaller, but mixed with the motion of water...uh, uh...not for me.

      Delete
  12. I can't believe people will leave home to go on a cruise without their passports!! Your Hibiscus are beautiful. It's definitely getting cooler here. I am sitting on the patio after a huge storm and I'm wearing a cardigan!!! The days are still warm, but the mornings and nights are chilly. Autumn is here without a doubt. Soon have to pull out the winter woolies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh enjoy the season of cool air and fresh air...it's a great time of year.

      Delete
  13. You could not PAY Me to go on a cruise, and yet so many people love them! I think that the bad things are always Carnival? So maybe another line would be alright. I LOVE hibiscus!!! Ours will bloom more toward summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anni beautiful pictures.....and I am eager to see your next project
    Hugs Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it'll be quite a while before I collect all the cans I need tho. But, stay tuned.

      Delete
  15. I don't follow the news much so I didn't know there was another cruise fiasco. I can't imagine taking a cruise without a passport. The hibiscus are so pretty and that rose is too. I'm mighty curious about what you're gonna do with all those tin cans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my sentiments too about passports and cruise ships.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. ...glad you liked 'em Denise.

      Delete
  17. Hi Anni, Yes---don't think we want to take a cruise anytime soon.. ha ha (Maybe we can get some good rates though...)

    Your hibiscus is gorgeous.. We had a beautiful day today--and it felt like spring here. May even be warmer tomorrow. WOW..

    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather use the money spent on cruises for a road trip like you took in search for a specific waterfall.

      Delete
  18. Oh, I love your peach hibiscus!!!

    What kind of humdinger of an accident happened? You needed to tell us!

    I would never board a cruise liner...ever....for any reason....ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I know is it was a head on collision.

      Delete
  19. The flowers are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the pics Bee

      Delete
  20. Wunderschöne Blüten liebe Anni, wenn doch der Frühling nur bald kommen würde.
    Es ist immer noch so kalt bei uns.

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you kindly 'Tilda.

      Delete
  21. The thought of doing yardwork here is pretty funny, given that we have more than a foot of snow on the deck! Gorgeous flowers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love it this far south...no snow. Just rain. A lot easier to drive in, AND no scooping. LOL

      Delete
  22. Wow, the flowers are amazing!!!

    I hadn't heard of the cruise ship fiasco! Good grief, and of course passports are needed when you leave the country. Cause you never know what might happen ;-)

    I know I am getting old because the idea of Spring Break with a bunch of crazy, intoxicated kids makes me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, not only the crazy intoxicated kids, but you should see the beaches after the fact. Just yesterday Bud and I drove to the islands for a bit of birding, and the city crews were out in full force just cleaning up the highway shoulders and the debris from those so called 'kids'.

      Delete

.