“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






In your easter bonnet...


  • I recently found out, with the new digital camera, that I cannot hold it very steady. Looking through the viewfinder, you just have to imagine how the 'view' jiggles around. Whoa. And I don't even consume caffeine. It' like I'm as nervous as a whore in church with such jittery images showing through. And when it's windy, oh boy...trying to hold this steady enough to click the shutter is, well...I typed my initial thought about whores and church already...move on!!

  • Still, I'm lovin' my new camera. It's just gonna take some time getting used to its temperaments and quirks!!

  • I made a crock pot of Chili Verde this week. Usually, I add chicken breast meat. This time I added pork tenderloin and it was mighty tasty!! Served it up with a tossed green salad and home made fresh warm tortillas. Yum. All thanks to my Mexican American sister-in-law who taught me so many ways of cooking Mexican food from scratch.

  • Been ridding ourselves of junk in the garage and on the shelves in the area. It's nice to be able to see some wall, out there, again. LOL

  • Came up with a cute, nifty craft idea for another of the gnomes. This time, for the Easter Season. I have found myself in need of just one Popsicle stick. Naturally, I didn't want a whole bunch of them lying around in the house 'cause I'd probably never use any. Oh thank heaven for 7-11 [remember that slogan? --does this country even HAVE 7-11 stores anymore?] Went in and bought a single ice cream bar at one of the neighborhood convenience stores. Got my Popsicle stick. And enjoyed a little icy treat to boot.


    As you can tell, it's an Easter Bunny. She's dressed all in Easter Pink and a Spring Green Easter Bonnet. She's made of wooden balls, the hat is straw, painted green of course, with a little glass Spring Flower embellishment. Her Cotton Tail is a pom pom, the whiskers are 3 strings of fishing line. Her silver beads are nothing but a key chain, the button nose is covered in pink fabric. Oh and the ears are painted Popsicle sticks.

  • This Wednesday, in the Hodgepodge post, there was mentions of the fruit, cherries...and I posted that cherries are a favorite here in pie and crisps. So, I made a cherry crisp that very day. Bud topped his with vanilla ice cream, while I had a glass of icy milk along side. YUM.

  • Got all the necessary stuff rounded up for getting the annual IRS chore done soon. Ewwww. That's one part of being American I detest. If only they'd just do a flat tax...eliminate the IRS completely, I'd be so happy!




  • connecting to:
    Friday Fragments

    34 comments :

    1. I love the bunny! And I just bought ingredients to make a cherry crisp this weekend. It's Bob's favorite.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I bet Bob loved the crisp!!!

        Delete
    2. Such a cute bunny.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...as you are sweet Denise.

        Delete
    3. I enjoyed seeing you bunny and her new hat! Reading of you chili verde and cherry crisp made me drool a little. Must make them both soon!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...chili is one of our favorite recipes!!

        Delete
    4. I just looked up the date of Easter this year, Anni. It's March 31st, so you are ready in plenty of time! :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...but, it's too early I think.

        Delete
    5. Oh crisps are my FAVORITE (rather have those than pie) and that looks yummy, warm with ice cream. Be still my heart. Your bunny is so cute and the camera stuff will come, we are all unsteady with the cameras, that is why they have image stabilizing lenses!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...getting a good focus takes a lot of effort. LOL

        Delete
    6. we love love love the Easter Bunny!!
      You are a crafty lady. Are homemade tortillas hard to make?
      Is there yeast in them? I have a mental block when it comes to yeast!!
      Hugs C

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. No no yeast. A delicious simple way: Flour water a bit of salt and a hot skillet!!!

        Delete
    7. Anni, you make me laugh. Do you have a tripod for your camera? Remember to keep elbows in and lean against something if possible. If sitting down, I use my knee as a tripod--well, monopod I guess! Keep practicing. You'll do great!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Gail...I DiD have a tripod, and I still think I do have it, but where it's stored, your guess is as good as mine.

        Delete
    8. On 7 days a week, they open up at 7 and 7 days a week they are open til 11...from 7 til 11...from 7 til 11...they have ice, milk, fruit, drinks, cheese and nuts that's why we sing, 7-11's got EVERYTHING! yes, I remember...and we still have two of them here...only one has gas anymore. They used to have them on practically every corner. Now, there's a Cefco on every corner....and occasionally, there's a Valero.

      Love your bunny! She is adorable...and how clever to use a key chain for a necklace.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. LOL...yep, guess you DO remember 7-11

        Delete
    9. Oh that pork loin chili sounds awesome!! We love Mexican food, maybe you could share some recipes? I had a friend in NC who was from Puerto Rico and she taught me how to do my own re fried beans. I will never go back to "dog food in a can".

      I can't hold anything steady when taking a picture. The camera always has that warning on the screen of the shaking hand. It's ridiculous.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...fresh, from scratch refried beans are delicious!!!

        Delete
    10. Oh, by the way, love that proverb under your header :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...it says it all, doesn't it?

        Delete
    11. Love your bunny. And, the changes in the tax law are a pain to most people, but in my circles they are called "The Young Accountant's Equalization Act." We're all in the same boat now figuring them out.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...ours is easy compared to some, that I know, but I still don't like the chore of it all.

        Delete
    12. I always have a problem with shaking too much with my camera. I do not have a steady hand, or so my camera tells me :)
      Love your easter bunny gnome. very cute
      I like your idea of a flat tax and getting rid of the irs too

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...getting rid of IRS would be a piece of heaven. LOL

        Delete
    13. Anni, what kind of camera did you get? Don't remember you ever saying. Solution to the wiggles: get a couple two-pound dumbells (they're small) and use them every day. Soon the camera will get more steady.

      Cool Easter thingy...you are one crafty lady!

      Thanks for reminding me to do my taxes this weekend...yuk!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. hope you got your taxes in order Chuck.

        Delete
    14. We got our tax organizer to our accountant this week. I worked on getting everything together for a good 4 hours I think. Such a pain and I had all my receipts pretty organized too!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...for me, it's the worst job, annually.

        Delete
    15. Hi Anni, Love your little bunny... She's a 'bunnette'since she's so feminine looking... ha ha

      Anytime you get a new camera, it takes some time to get used to it. I love my Canon Rebel...

      Hugs,
      Betsy

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...it will take a LOT of time on this camera.

        Delete
    16. Amen on the flat tax! I did that chore of gathering and writing for the accountant last week. Went in and signed yesterday. SO happy to be done.
      I love your bunny. I need to start planning something for Easter, it is so stinking early this year. It would help if it wasn't so cold.
      I took some blurry pictures with my new camera too. I am still trying to get it all figured out. I've been using my cell phone camera for months...awful!
      Have a great weekend...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. cellphone photos are better than nothing.

        Delete
    17. "Can she bake a cherry crisp, Billy Boy, Billy Boy?"

      I do love cherry crisp.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...that makes two of us. :o)

        Delete

    .