my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Eggs are bad...no, they're good. YOU know the drill...

You've probably heard that drinking a glass of wine is good for your heart. Or one time eggs are bad, but now they're good. And all the research/studies on this or that---

News Flash: New research shows that even a single alcoholic drink per day can increase your risk of developing certain types of cancer, including breast cancer in women. Though people have long believed that a glass or two of wine can be good for your heart, the new study, conducted in conjunction with researchers in the U.S., Canada, and France, shows that the cancer risks far outweigh any heart-healthy benefits. Read more...



Instead of whine with your cheese today, let's drink to the comments:


Junkyard Cat posted: The latest study shows that being alive puts you at an increased risk of death.

D V posted: Do these people not realize that releasing "studies" that are contrary to other "studies" just makes people ignore all studies?

Michael posted: No Salt, No Sugar, No Alcohol, No Caffeine, No Sun, No Fun. These are the new rules to live by. NO THANKS!

Ashley posted: Damned if you do damned if you don't...everything is bad for you, even things that are good at preventing one thing is going to cause another. But the outcome is always the same...we will eventually die.

KC posted: That is depressing, I need a drink.

WF posted: Being alive.... increases your risk of dying by 100%!

Jade posted: I think they put these articles in the news just to fill up space.

The Bargain Shack posted: How about a study on the health risks of taking PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS. Fat chance on seeing that one.

Greg posted: Flip a coin, you're wrong.

WAYNE posted: Praise the lord the only thing I eat is Twinkies and Cheetos and tap water! Never heard of Twinkies causing cancer, have you?



...and the last one. Three cheers!! Salut!!!

Jimmy posted: I read that smoking cigarettes is bad for you. I read smoking weed is bad for you. I read drinking booze is bad for you. So, I quit reading.


no copyright infringement intended

28 comments :

  1. Morning Anni
    These comments are spot on!! Do you remember years ago around Thanksgiving eating cranberries were a death sentence. Then there was the lipstick scare etc etc.
    Everything in moderation except for the love we give our kitties that can be over the top!! Thanks for the smiles
    Hugs C and Madi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew this little ditty about cranberries?!!

      Delete
  2. Argh...that is what I feel about studies. One is published, and if you wait a little, a contradictory one will be published. I just pray for common sense.

    The comments were hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...seems these days common sense up and left about three or four generations ago.

      Delete
  3. It's so interesting that all these articles can make you more confused than ever. I like the comments the best, as usual. Thanks, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. like one commentor said, it's like the studies are there to confuse and disorientate all. There is a method to the madness, but no one can figure it out. You and me both.

      Delete
  4. Guess what? If you are alive you are at risk for cancer!
    I enjoyed all the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Oscar the Grouch. We all have a little Oscar in us. I'll just continue to eat what I want in moderation. ;) I'll surely still die, huh! :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's the key...moderation.

      Delete
  6. Hi Anni, I always love reading the funny comments... The one about being alive causing more of a risk of death is hilarious!!!!

    It's the same thing with butter/margarine... Butter is BAD... Margarine is GOOD..... Butter is GOOD... Margarine is BAD.... GADS!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...I forgot about the butter vs. margarine.

      Delete
  7. I love it when you post these! The comments are so funny! Like I have always said, everything in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the comical side of these articles are the best part.

      Delete
  8. KC and Wayne are the funniest to me. You might as well do what you like, because whatever you are doing, there will be something bad about it. Wine might increase cancer risk, but it lowers heart attack risk!! Guess we have to decide which we would rather die of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, considering we'll die eventually, must enjoy life and live it.

      Delete
  9. As with this study regarding wine, there are probably two refuting it. You were right...eggs are good or bad, as is salt, etc. Too much water is bad...not enough is bad. Medical journals are, to a certain extent, sort of like weather forecasters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. comparing the research and studies to weather forecasts, I think I'd believe the weather more. LOL

      Delete
  10. I loved all the comments and I'm right there with the last one. I quit reading....lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jimmy is on to something. I always regard the latest research with much disdain. Every year or decade it changes, so why bother paying attention to it? I did get a kick out of all the different comments and was nodding my head and laughing with each one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's the point...laughing is good medicine...for those wine drinkers suffering with...well, never mind.

      Delete
  12. That last one is priceless. I still think the wine is good for you...look at the French!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see much attraction in the French....KIDDING!!!

      Delete
  13. LOL! A study says that 3 out of 5 smokers die. Apparently, the other two become immortal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh now....that was rich!!! rofl

      Delete

.