my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Alabaster Orb...

Obsidian ecstasy weakens; triggers a veil of velvet indigo.
By and by the night shadows dissolve and fade
as a soft hue of an alabaster ivory orb peaks over the distant sea.
The first blush awakens before my eyes -sun rays; a turbulent glow
of rich citrus, chilled limes and oranges...wrapped in blueberry wine.
Bay waters sparkle like cut topaz; unlocked by daylight's key.
Today has begun, 'tis no longer quiet repose, no longer night...
Behind where I stand, new forms come into sight
Anatomy of a wild landscape; seen are carpets of jade.
Dewdrops twinkle, as they dance in early light
while they cling to their partners; the green colonnade.
Protocol of nature, actions, the sounds of silence are broken
As I walk, muted and wordless, seabirds chatter and call
As I walk, walk on the boardwalk, along the patchwork; the blanketed bank line...

© Alabaster Orb
by Hootin' Anni
2013




_ _ _





Photo shares today are from a fleeting moment just before sunrise above. Along the channel that feeds into Oso Bay within the city limits here in Corpus Christi, a covey cove of different birds. Including, Night Herons, Common Egrets, Snowy Egrets, Ducks and Scaups. It was very cold, the birds were all gathered keeping out of the blustery, wintry winds that morning, December 29th, 2012. If you enlarge the photos to a slideshow, the next to the last image view the top of the trees...a bit off right center, a night heron is perched there [they are nocturnal; ADD daylight and they become nearly dormant.]






connecting to:
I'd Rather B Birdin' - The Bird D'Pot
Saturday Photo Hunt [challenge is "ADD" as in adding daylight]
Camera Critters

58 comments :

  1. Lovely birds, wonderful photos!

    http://felipa-imagens.blogspot.pt/2013/01/photohunt.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Anni! Words and photos! Hoping to feel like getting back to blogging soon...time will tell! Still recovering form a nasty bout with the flu, then bronchitis...rough year - 2012 - glad to see the end of it! I hope your holiday was a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...hope you get to feeling better soon.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Anni, lovely words and photographs. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, and happy new year to you too Denise

      Delete
  4. Anni, you did an awesome job with both the words and the photos. So nice to visit with you again. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Anni you have really knocked this one out of the ball park! The poetry and the photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...you flatter me. Thanks!!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful photos. Alabaster Orb is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow poet and photographer and all are absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great poem and great shots! Well done Anni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Chuck
      "Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him."

      Delete
  9. The pictures are gorgeous and I love the poem too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Mari. How is your father today?

      Delete
  10. Great photos. Amazing how many bird captures one can make before sunrise... BUT--for me, I am too lazy to get up very early!!!!! ha

    Great words.. Thanks!!!

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Betsy. I have found over the years, that EARLY morning is best for me.

      Delete
  11. What absolutely splendid photos! You've become quite the photographer lady! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so talented, beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm surprised the birds are not moving to a warmer state. Happy New Year Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally, it's quite warm and tropical here. But not the last couple of weeks.

      Delete
  14. You WROTE that poem? Wow, Hootin' Anni -- that's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All beautiful photos, but this time my favorite has to be your beautiful sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with that photo....thanks Ginny.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful pics and adding daylight worked for me.

    I have added my entry http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=1043

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too...daylight is a wonderful part 'of the day'.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Linda. I bet you're happy to be home again.

      Delete
  18. The pictures and words go hand in hand. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anni, love the sky shot! And the egrets are always a beautiful sight to see. Wonderful photos. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and have a great weekend too Eileen.

      Delete
  20. aren't they serenely lovely

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome shots!
    Thanks for always adding to the PhotoHunt!
    We'll be 'celebrating' next weekend~
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and thank YOU for hosting for another year Sandi.

      Delete
  22. Wonderful images...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Andrew. I must say I enjoyed your 'open door' in your fence photos today.

      Delete
  23. These are all great captures! I love your poem with all those rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anni, if you have time, drop over to my Writing Nook and see what I did to myself just before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous birds...whenever I get down south or we go tropical on vacation I love capturing the birds there...these are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you liked this post.

      Delete
  26. Pude encontrar a ave empoleirada...são pássaros realmente interessantes. Um abraço!

    http://compiladodeideia.blogspot.com.br/2013/01/add.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you found the one perched atop the tree!!!

      Delete
  27. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice groupof herons. We have a rookery of Yellow-crowned Night Herons near our home. The adults are starting to show up already, so they will be building nests pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anni...Your pictures are beautiful. You are quite a fine writer in addition to your great photography. I so wish I had begun my trying to learn about bird when I was young instead of here at 73. Better late than never. Maybe one day....:-) genie

    ReplyDelete

.