my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Thursday....In the NEWS

I haven't done a Trash Talk for some time. 

Well, it's now legal to smoke and possess [recreational] marijuana in two states...Colorado and Washington. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything different in this activity as is drinking alcohol or smoking 'regular' cigarettes, or those who raid the Rx cabinets -legal prescription drugs...all  are drugs/stimulants and all could possibly hurt/harm [even fatally] when participating; overdosing, and getting behind the wheel; driving...being under the influence of either, by dulled responses, distractions, impaired reactions. [by the way, if you know your history, most drugs are HERBS] Another thing while driving there is the cellphone and the distraction of a child crying in the back seat. But, that's a whole 'nother post. Anyway, I was reading an article from Colorado [my 'home state'] --
    (Reuters) -"Pot smokers formally gained the right to light up in Colorado on Monday as Governor John Hickenlooper signed into effect a controversial ballot measure legalizing marijuana for adult recreational use in what proponents hailed as a "historic day.":
And of course, I only partially read the whole thing, and quickly went to comments from other readers. That is, what I admit shamefully sometimes, is the best part. Here are some that perhaps can make you giggle; even with a serious subject:

brady posted: The government can lock me up for smoking a plant, but who locks up the Politicians (Democrats + Republicans) who cannot pass a budget and run our country financially into the ground?

Brett posted: Well, my bet is that spring break this year will be in Boulder and Seattle.

GEORGE posted: Gives all new meaning to Denver being the mile high city.

Swany posted: My people have been set free...

Sharkey posted: George Washington smoked weed, man. Absolutely he smoked weed, man! He grew fields of it, man. And behind every great man is a great woman. And that woman was Martha Washington, man. [Anni's comment -I think this is in script reference of Up in Smoke starring Cheech & Chong ?!??]

TEA REMORSE posted: Prescription drugs kill more people in illegal transactions that's a plain and simple fact.

Elwood Blues posted: ... "ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH".

notA2nddime posted: Reefer Madness & Coors Beer

Deemed Right posted: Maybe our entire government needs to light up to solve this financial problem, maybe the solution right in front of them.

Paul posted: In related news here in Kansas, police are receiving training on how best to maximize fines for possession...........400 miles along I-70. Drivers with Colorado plates will look like REALLY good targets....just sayin' !

News Mongrel posted: Just think what it will do for their tourism


...AND after discussing it with hubby, the last one is NOT on the comments this time. It's from my dear man, Bud. Bud states: "So that means we'll see another group pop up soon! MAPS [Mothers Against Pot Smokers]". Of course, I couldn't let him have the last word on this subject...I added: "Or SPAM [Mothers Against Pot Smokers who suffer from dyslexia]"







article in its entirety click here [no infringement intended]

10 comments :

  1. This whole post made me giggle but I especially liked Sharkey's comment...Man. And of course, SPAM is pretty funny too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's always good to laugh, right?

      Delete
  2. You totally crack me up, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed my trashy talk today Denise.

      Delete
  3. Funny that I moved from Colorado to Washington state five years ago. I didn't have anything to do with this! But I cannot help but think of the REVENUE SOURCE! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, me too. They should legalize prostitution also...just think of the state's revenue on that!! Well, maybe not...don't think too hard on the subject. LOL

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with the comment about spring break

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. ...funny most times...I agree.

      Delete

.