my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



She says in a witchy cackle....





COME ON IN!! I bid you welcome!!! I've made you a special brew tea and will serve it up from my cauldron teapot and you'll each have a tea for one at your table....Who doesn't like cookies? These are from my new recipe! There are chocolate covered eyebal.....err, um raisins, some delectable squirrel brai....errr, um pecans, oats, and a special extract of bloo....vanilla!!! Enjoy them, fresh from my convector, while you watch my 2 minute slideshow as my treat. Follow me through the passage way and sit a spell---------

















CONNECTING TO:
               Wordful Wednesday
               Ruby Tuesday 2
               [NOT SO] Wordless Wednesday
 




_ _ _


HODGEPODGE



Joyce has these questions for us this week:
1. What creeps you out? So many things...but to keep this in a halloween-type mode, when there is something that has made an unexplainable sound after dark, and I cannot find the source or culprit...it really creeps me out. My imagination runs amok!!

2. What's your least favorite candy? I'm not sure if I should call it candy, maybe it's more a fudge...but I detest divinity. Hey, what did you expect from the Queen of 'Ween? I'm no where close to divine, so divinity is my answer. [By the way, the least favorite wrapped candy is 3 Musketeers!!]

3. Are you a fan of scary movies? What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? Halloween theme again...cool....yes, I am a fan of scary movies. The scariest would be part of a trilogy of terror [1975] ---the first two are just 'okay' but the last short film of the trilogy'll knock your socks off and make you want to sleep with the lights on!!! ----the third about an African tribal doll that comes to life and terrorizes a woman in her apartment...the chain falls off the doll's body and terror follows...


PS....I begged Bud to carve me the very doll ---and he did. [2nd image, beside the movie poster] My daughter, to this day, will not go in the room the wooden doll is; she's terrified of it.

4. What part of life confuses you the most?....men

5. Pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, poppy...what's your favorite seed? Well, I like poppy seeds a lot...on dinner rolls, in salad dressings, in lemon muffins...Oh, I like caraway seeds in the rye breads too. But I gotta ask --- is a nut a seed? Looking this up via google....and wikipedia: "P. vera was first cultivated in Western Asia, where it ... The fruit is a drupe, containing an elongated seed, which is the edible portion"....so, my favorite that I can never eat just one would be the P.vera....the pistachio!!!

6. Imagine your life ten years from today...what's changed? I'm ten years older. Or I may be 6 feet under...who knows what the future will change? Besides after December 21st this year, according to the Aztec -or is it the Mayan- Calender [whichever], y'know, we won't be around. [ insert wink]

7. What do you a) love the most and b) like the least about the Hodgepodge?
a) Joyce's questions offer a great challenge and some deep thinking [or memory] of some sort. I LOVE being challenged. b) It's not really 'about' the meme, Hodgepodge, but more a personal least in this case ---I least like the fact that I didn't begin with Hodgepodge 'til way after its conception!!

8. Insert your own random thought here. There was an online poll just yesterday about this question: "Do you think that Romney and Obama should suspend their campaigning in the aftermath of the hurricane Sandy?" I voted "no" and then got a chance to see the results which floored me a bit. I wasn't surprised with the outcome since it's so near and dear to so many...but what floored me was the margin of yay and nay... 61% said they should while 39% said no, they shouldn't...that the two should continue to campaign. Now, don't get me wrong here!! I'm not a cold-hearted bitty who thinks of only herself!! I feel for all the lives lost, and the damage and tragedy of what they all endured. But my way of thinking is "life goes on". I've dealt with tragedies, loss of life, house damages, etc. I feel the country still needs to see this campaign through to the end....to keep our country going....not as if to forget, but to work on improving our status, to continue and work on our country. I don't think, in my terms, it would be disrespectful at all. We need to pull together, which over the last 12 years since the Bush/Cheney and Obama/Biden 'reigns', there is such a lacking in a government FOR the PEOPLE!!! 'nough said.


CONNECTING TO:

56 comments :

  1. Amazing! I come specially to see your Halloween decorations and you are so creative. Love the witches. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed your time here today....here...take another cookie!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's YOUR time of year, Anni! Thanks for the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you got that right. :o)

      Delete
  3. You scream (and I assume it was you) scared me to death!!! I loved the video. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....sorry, I was hoping that the blog title in itself may warn everyone.

      Delete
  4. Great video, - perfect post for Ruby Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so awesome, love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...awwww shucks Denise. :o)

      Delete
  6. What a great video! Happy RT2.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anni - tha was SPECTACULAR!!! Thank you for sharing - loved the music, the witches, the thrill - Happy Halloween! Wahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Janet. Glad you enjoyed it all.

      Delete
  8. You have got one awesome collection of Halloween decorations. Thanks for the goodies while we watched the show :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you stopped by and enjoyed the show & treats

      Delete
  9. You got me there, I got scared lol.

    Visiting from Ruby Tuesday.
    Yummy Rubies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well....you didn't run the other direction....thank goodness. [insert wink]

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. ...great! Glad you like 'em.

      Delete
  11. Happy Halloween! I hope you have a spectacular ghoulish night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I try and make it a most SPOOKtacular night if at all possible.

      Delete
  12. Oh Anni, what a hoot! ;-)
    I love, love your Halloween decorations and the See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil skeletons are great! Thanks for sharing and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't resist...Candy....as in Halloween candy of course. Happy Halloween to you too.

      Delete
  13. Love your halloween pictures and the poem. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, and Happy Halloween.

      Delete
  14. Anni, your Halloween decorations are amazing!!! Love all the witches and skeletons!! You definitely are the Queen of Halloween:-)

    I've never seen any of the Trilogy of Terror movies, never heard of it either! lol That is awesome that Bud was able to carve out that African tribal doll and I really don't blame Irene for not wanting to go in a room if that doll is there, considering it's part of a horror movie! lol

    Here's a little poem I'm sharing with everyone today...

    This is Halloween

    Goblins on the doorstep,
    Phantoms in the air,
    Owls on witches' gate posts,
    Giving stare for stare.

    Cats on flying broomsticks,
    Bats against the moon,
    Stirring round of fate-cakes,
    With a solemn spoon.

    Whirling apple parings,
    Figures draped in sheets,
    Dodging, disappearing,
    Up and down the streets.

    Jack-o'-lanterns grinning,
    Shadows on a screen,
    Shrieks and starts and laughter--
    This is Halloween!

    Happy Halloween, dear Anni, make sure you come by my blog today for my Halloween Bash and see what costume I dressed you up in! hehe xoxo



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your party is a hit of blogland Pea!!!! I'm now known as the SMURFIN' Anni!!!

      Delete
  15. You r the queen on ween for sure! I think in consideration for all the folks who are dealing with the aftermath of the Monster storm...the politicians should postpone election day for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, the poll wasn't for ELECTION day...it was to suspend campaigning.

      Delete
  16. Enjoyed your Trick or Treat for us today!!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo Linda!! And happy halloween to you.

      Delete
  17. Seriously laughing at #4! Of course my husband and teenage son would probably say the same thing about women...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well....you had ME rolling with YOUR answer today.

      Delete
  18. OOO, you must go over to PEA's and get your photo in the cute costume....I just posted mine. :))
    Happy Halloween...and I laughed out loud with your "MEN" answer.....:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you, the pink poodle girl and me....the blue smurfin' Anni ---what a pair we make, huh? LOL

      Delete
  19. Ha! Men confuse me half to death, too...and they say we're the ones who are hard to figure out! Yeah, right! Nope...I'm not a fan of divinity, either! My mom always made it for Christmas and I avoided it at all costs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bit into divinity once, and spit it out. LOL

      Delete
  20. Today you are a "Witchy Woman" Anni! :)
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Halloween! Love the witches and the music but it's those cookie I want!!!
    Visiting from Wordless Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here y'go....more cookies for you.

      Delete
  22. Woohoow Anni we just knew you would have something spectacular today and we were right. Would you believe my crazy mom scheduled a dental appt on Halloween.
    she just got back and all the folks at her dentist had their hair sprayed orange.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...when we went out to lunch on Halloween, the two 'bus boys' that cleaned the tables were dressed as a bottle of Ketchup and the other as a bottle of Mustard. Quite comical.

      Delete
  23. I love your doll!

    I forgot about divinity. I don't care for that either! It's why while I may call my Christmas baking Davinities, you'll never see divinity on the tray! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ewwwwwww, ya, just the thought of divinity gags me.

      Delete
  24. I'm surprised so many said "yes" to the poll. I heard on the radio this afternoon that it would just cost too much to postpone the elections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly....and tho the east coast was hit badly and lives lost, we must go on.

      Delete
  25. Bahaha! Your answer for #4 is perfect :) me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL [one in particular by chance? Here, it's that way anyway]

      Delete
  26. What a cast of characters you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fine collection you have! Absolutely perfect for WW this week...even the not-so-wordless part! Sure do miss blogging...but have been so incredibly busy that I barely get time to get online at all! Hopefully that will change in a few weeks! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...sorry mine wasn't so wordless this week tho.

      Delete
  28. Divinity! I could have said that too...always makes me think of long car trips in our family station wagon and the ads for Stuckeys along I-81. Stuckeys was big on Divinity : )

    Hope you have a nice weekend...I'm still trying to make my way round to all of last week's Hodgepodgers.

    Re:campaigning...I think they said they took a two day reprieve, but in that reprieve the President visited and posed for a well-used photo op so hmmm....

    I must say I admire Gov. Christie as he has remained focused on NJ and the storm's aftermath...I follow him on Twitter and his tweets are all storm/disaster assistance related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you've been through a tough time...glad to know you took a week off to re-coop

      Delete

.