my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Gotta Love it!!


J is for "JOKESTER"

This was spotted as we were driving home some time ago. I've seen this classic car [my three brothers were 'into cars' when I was the younger sister admiring the handi-work and pin-striping and drag racing they did which I couldn't be part of because of my age and back then, it wasn't 'kosher' for a girl to like cars!]...anyway, I've admired this piece of automotive history...the owners always have it shining to a gloss finish like it's ready for anything; including a Mechanical Digest layout/centerfold!! But, the other day, as we drove home, I was on the lookout for the car - hoping it would be out of the garage. And it was! Parked in their driveway...Just like out of a movie about Al Capone or the Prohibition Days!!! But there was something added ----Check it out....what's hanging out of the TRUNK!!! All for Halloween fun perhaps? Or are they really part of the mob?!! I had to have Bud turn around and make my own drive-by cellphone camera 'shooting'. The first shot was right on target=======









CONNECTING TO:

34 comments :

  1. that's one totally cool car!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to me it reminds me of mobsters. LOL

      Delete
  2. Yep, ya gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool, Anni! Love that car!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it was so comical to me, I had to get a pic of the bloody hand sticking out of the trunk.

      Delete
  4. I saw those fake arms at Michael's the other day...that is a funny photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed too, when I first saw it.

      Delete
  5. It's a beauty and I love that you put your mark on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...of course I had to try and be artful and 'paint' my name on the back window. LOL

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. me too....it'd be fun to cruise around town in it.

      Delete
  7. Fantastic! Love that hand hanging out the back, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That day, I had to laugh at the humor of it all.

      Delete
  8. Absolutely LOVE that hand!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. funny creepy! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep....funny and creepy...but, I hope MORE funny than creepy.

      Delete
  10. Hi Anni, We are back from an awesome vacation... The colors (Aspens) up there were fantastic!!!!!

    Hope you are doing okay. Looks like you are getting in a Halloween mood... Guess I'd better get my act together and get out my harvest decorations...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I do love Halloween. Welcome back Betsy.

      Delete
  11. I love that too! Happy RT2.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you like it today Maria.

      Delete
  12. That's too funny, Anni! lol Can well imagine the double takes people do when they pass by!! As for the car itself, what a beauty. I love vintage cars and can spend hours admiring them whenever we have a vintage car show around here.

    Love your Halloween look in here:-) Our Thanksgiving is coming up so I'll get through that and then I'll get my Halloween stuff out...in the house and on my blog! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya....I love Thanksgiving too.....the food, oh the food!!!

      Delete
  13. Huuch *lach*

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....glad you could laugh today 'Tilda.

      Delete
  14. some people keep skeleton's in their closets and some have corpses in their trunks. Very cool car. I hope the owner didn't see you taking that picture. We wouldn't want you to end up being the next hand sticking out of the trunk....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I thought of that too. I can see the headlines now...Hootin' Anni disappears, cellphone camera found on street; crushed.

      Delete
  15. Well, that car has the dark colors we associate with nefarious organized crime 'associates' (such as dark ties set against black dress shirts, although I digress...). A 1949 Ford, the car that saved Ford Motor Company after WWII - a restored beauty. Of course, the dark side of their day jobs are apparent here. We may be curious and look longingly at the car - but are reminded that if is safer to not see any hint of the crime - so we prefer to not be a witness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1949....a great year for me. ;0)

      Delete
  16. Woo Hoo, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's kinda fun, yet thinking about it...sick sense of humor which I love. LOL

      Delete
  17. Now, THAT is one cool car....:)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete

.