my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




morning hues...







CONNECTING TO:



_ _ _


HODGEPODGE




1. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? The NFL is back in action along with all the college teams. Are you a fan? Who do you root for? If you're not a fan what do you do while the rest of America watches Saturday, Sunday, Monday night, and now Thursday night games? I can live without football. I don't mind the game itself, it's only 1 hour long [when it's televised it somehow turns into 3 hours or more!! See where I'm going with this? One play that lasts a few seconds, and BAM!! 5 minutes or more of commercials!!] Me? I would much rather watch or attend a baseball game. No cable, no football....HEAVEN!!! What I can't figure out is the country's priorities...most don't know who their Congressman is by name, but yet they can talk about Tebow and know just who he is and what he does!! It boggles my mind. I do follow the Texans and the Broncos.  But really...with THIS NEWS ITEM on the New NFL uniforms that are nearly "see through"...who wants to look at this kinda crap?!!! By the way, now that you brought up the subject of football -- the players, from high school [who by the way usually need tutors because the majority can't even speak proper English or comprehend a book ---I remember one College Student of UofA in Tucson was to be suspended because of the lack of a passing grade ---oh no!!! "No way, he was a star Wildcat *Basketball* guard...can't flunk him...he's gonna make the team a winning team...just forget about flunking him....give him a passing grade so he can play ball"]. And it goes as far up to pro football....so many are seemingly downright ignorant ---yet, I suppose I could, on the other hand, stand corrected 'cause they're laughing at me all the way to the bank!!! I don't like Tiger W either, but at least he can converse intelligently; without every other word being "uhhhhh". Sorry, we were talking about FOOTBALL, right? I just needed to get my emotions out in the open. Let's see, you asked "Are you ready for some football"....Don't like Hank Williams Jr. either...LOL...well, to answer the question, NO! I'll pass on watching football games on TV. I'd much rather be outdoors with gardening, walking, on the beach, watching a movie...anything but football; thank you kindly. And yes, I do have the NFL scoreboard on my sidebar to keep track of Texans wins and losses along with the Denver Broncos. But, I don't need to watch any of the game anymore.

photo courtesy of news
no infringement intended

THIS MAY JUST GIVE US A WHOLE NEW MEANING TO FANTASY FOOTBALL ! !


2. What's something I'll always find in your closet? Oh, I really want to answer this with one word....skeletons?!!! But I'm sure that is not what you meant when you asked the question.

3. Share one of your earliest memories. Learning about Santa Claus. I was dumb enough to blurt out one Christmas morning that the tag around the doll, telling everyone it's for Anni....she was beautiful under the tree. Anyway I yelled in my excitement that the tag was written by my sister...it was in her handwriting!! If it weren't for my stupidity, I'd still be getting some good stuff from the Jolly Ol' Elf!!!

4. What circus act best describes your week so far?" Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls...children of all ages, I am your hostess with the mostest-----I am your Ring Master Mistress, but before today's performance I'd like to add a bit of trivia for you all"...
    Initially, exotic animals were used simply as a display, and it wasn't until later that the first equestrian acts were introduced, followed by big cat and elephant acts. The first wild animal trainer in American circus history is thought to be Isaac A. Van Amburgh, who entered a cage with several big cats in 1833.
Yep, Ring Mistress, or perhaps a circus sideshow act ---the bearded lady. Which pays more?

5. What's a food you disliked as a child but you love now? Broccoli, hands down.

6. Describe your summer in three words. Hot and dry.

7. Where were you on September 11, 2001? Will you do anything special to mark the day this year? Believe it or not, I was on the computer 'conversing' online with a group of which I was a member....the other members were 'talking' about the attack on the Twin Towers. I immediately turned the TV on, and it stayed on for days!! And to answer the 2nd part of the question, no I do nothing special to commemorate the memory.  Thing is tho, I continue to think of the children who lost their father or mother in this terrorist act --or a spouse [any family member]....it's THE THING to do....REMEMBER and not forget those who lost their lives with such a senseless, cruel act. But when you think about it, those that committed the terrorism think nothing of it at all...a life taken is a part of their lives over there in the 3rd World Countries...it's a downright shame they think this way.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


Two days in a row this week the high temperature has NOT reached 90!!! Close, at 85 and 86...but still!!!










CONNECTING TO:


thermometer clipart found here

54 comments :

  1. Interesting stuff today...I love that photo! As for the other stuff...I used to watch football, years ago. But, not now...hare to keep my attention on anything that long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...all I know is that now that we don't have cable tv hooked up, I am a happy camper with NO football! LOL

      Delete
  2. Great post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't like broccoli or football. And forgive yourself about Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...have you tried broccoli smothered in cheese sauce?

      Delete
  4. Wunderschöner Sonnenaufgang liebe Anni, den schaffe ich nieee, weil ich da immer noch schlafe *ggg*..

    LG mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture of the morning.....and you might have just converted me to a football loving crazy cat lady.
    hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh no.....really? You're a crazy cat lady lovin' butts, I can tell!!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful sky and reflection, Anni! Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color and great silhouettes in the first photo! It's nice you got so many in a single shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Brian, coming from you and I knowing how wonderful your photos are, this comment means a lot to me.

      Delete
  8. I love the hues of morning. Really pretty shot.
    I'm not a football fan at all. I've tried to watch with my husband but just can't get in to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and to think we went to many LIVE games when in Denver...I don't think I could do it again tho. At least not as often.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photo with magnificent colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Annie, I had not been by in quite some time. I thought I would drop in for a visit! I love the morning photo. I stay in awe of the beauty around us and your photographs help us to appreciate the miracles.
    I am afraid I am not a football fan! I do love basketball, specifically the University of Kentucky. I also enjoy the Yankees even though they are having bull pen problems! Cincinnati Reds are also a fave of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, it's been way too long since you've stopped by. I swear next time I'll be sure to spray some room deodorizer for your next visit...I know the garlic was a bit strong. All kidding aside here...I'm glad you stopped by. And you and me both, we're Yankees Fans!!!

      Delete
  11. Lovely image of the sea. Fabulous image of the BUTT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I see there are a lot of 'butt' ladies here leaving comments.

      Delete
  12. Wonderful composition and view.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey anni! how are you? popping in to check up on you!!! must say, the colour palette is very cool and inviting.... and never mind those skeletons, we all have them *grin*, and now it's my time to look forward to a hot and (hopefully not too) dry summer. had a loooong and cold winter here, and i dare say, she's dragging her feet in changing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time, LONG time no see Shadow!!!! Glad to know you're still around, and hopefully we'll see you often?!!!

      Delete
  14. And, thanks for linking up to WWA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...of course, I like WW y'know. {{{smile}}}

      Delete
  15. what a great view. that is so lovely & peaceful. (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your title is so perfect for the photo!!! I could live out there on the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me too. Well, maybe not on the water but just feet away from scenes like this.

      Delete
  17. Breathe takingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fall is just around the corner now! No more terribly hot days, right? That football player's butt is definitely a cute one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn? Hopefully, very soon. I'm so ready. As for the butt...I can't say it's cute at all. No siree.

      Delete
  19. Amen to question # 1...I am on the same page as you....not only are football players over glorified...but the amount of money they get paid is sickening...compared to what our Teachers/policemen/firefighters make....priorities totally screwed up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the photograph! It's beautiful. We don't watch American Football here, although there are some stations that show it! We're rugby and cricket country. In saying that, I get so TIRED of all the sport! No sooner does rugby finish than cricket starts oh! Of course F1 racing! Woe is me! So off to the computer I go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I must say I like your 'version' of football [rugby] much better. And I want to add, I enjoyed reading your political stand on your post!!

      Delete
  21. Nice serene sunset image!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the sunrise photo!!!

      Delete
  22. Stunning photo errrr photos! ^_^ It made me laugh when I see that butt! LOL!!! Is that really true or just photoshop no wonder I heard the other day the court won't accept photos as evidence hahahahahaha so many photoshop photos I guess?

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...LOL>>>LOL!!!! Well, to be honest, I think it's a real photo. But y'never know these days.

      Delete
  23. LOVE that photo! Gorgeous!!!
    I like football and watch my favorite teams only.

    It's cooling down here too. We've had a couple of days in the upper 70's - bring on fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I can't wait for THOSE kinds of temps. It's been a very long hot summer here.

      Delete
  24. I agree with your comments on #1, and just want you to know that even though I can name the entire Dallas Cowboys roster (with #s!), I can ALSO name all of my Representatives at every level. :-)
    Wonderful photo, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....oh, for that I would like to give you a GOLD star and a huge pat on the back...for knowing your district's Representatives [and Senators too?]!!!!!!

      Delete
  25. Love that photo! Awesome capture!

    I love football (soccer) and can't wait for the next World Cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I like watching the world cup. But America's football is so commercialized. Your soccer is much more interesting [and brutal at times....I like that. LOL]

      Delete
  26. beautiful sunrise! :)

    Dropping by from Water World Wednesday…Baby Lifeguard

    ReplyDelete

.