my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Done...with one, still waiting on the other---


I guess I'm done with my painting.  It didn't turn out at all like I had in mind, but it's done.  I sketched it first for the most part, added a port hole after the bird was partially sketched onto my pad, and then the painting began.  It truly was quite a challenge and a bit of a disappointment for me.  But anywhoooo....





Below is my finished painting....it was kinda difficult for the most part...the ship's port hole, especially, since I really didn't have too much knowledge [still don't] of any of this kinda thing. All I can say is "I did what I could do". The title I chose for this is "Fish 'N' Ships". Sometime this month, if I don't talk myself out of entering the contest, I will drive to town to submit it. I'm really thinking that this isn't good enough since I've seen so many of the previous winners and their art is more "professional" looking than mine----by a long shot!!! In fact, it's my understanding that professional and amateur artists are judged as equals....Hmmmmm!!! But, if I don't try, I will never know, right? I truly won't be disappointed in not winning.  The contest doesn't end, and the winners won't be announced 'til the end of the year 2012.  Heck, by that time, I'll probably have forgotten about it anyway.  LOL

Here is my entry with tons of watermarking...


Fish 'N' Ships
© 2012
No sharing or copying allowed, please.
the images cannot be enlarged


---

...on the other project, I still haven't heard back from the volunteer I've had help me in the past with a couple of photos.  I'm thinking perhaps the delay may have a lot to do with the USA holiday?!??  No big deal.  If I don't hear anything, it'll just be one less page I have to make into a pdf file.  rofl
For the most part of a blogging break, I decided to return and pay visits while I wait. If I don't hear soon, I will finish the pdf files and then publish without the two photos promised. With that decision forthcoming, I will again take time off from here to complete and publish. I know it seems like I keep saying that, but there are over 150 pages for my brother in law's genealogy, and then to copy and put on a CD ...his AND my sister's [my] genealogy files. It's very time consuming.


30 comments :

  1. I like it Annie - I'm sincere. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for the encouragement. It helps Sandie.

      Delete
  2. I like it too - the port is very cool!
    Keep at the project - you'll get it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, I need all the encouraging words for both projects...yours are much appreciated.

      Delete
  3. I like it too. It's obviously Fish and Ships! And I like the play on words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I actually had the title picked out before I started figuring out how to paint a pic to match the title. Seriously. Thanks DJ for the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Anni your picture for the show is GORGEOUS!! OM Goodness you are so talented.
    Please keep us posted on the show. Mom watched an interesting PBS special last night on Flightless Birds in New Zealand. She loves was fascinated with the Kakapoo. A flightless parrot.

    We've missed you and are glad to see you posting again.

    Hugs Madi and Mom and give Tahoe and Winston a nose tap from me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...trust me y'all were thought of and missed from my end of the blogland too. Thanks M&M. Will say a big howdy-do to T & W for y'all.

      Delete
  5. I like it sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you painting turned out great. Hope you had a nice Labor Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  7. From one artist to another - your painting is very good! I like the idea of the porthole, and think you have done wonderfully well with your limited knowledge and all that...miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww, shucks, Linda that means a lot to me.

      Delete
  8. Anni, waaaay to harsh on yourself...that painting is great. It reminds me of many of the paintings and images for sale in the shops where I lived in Ohio. Along Lake Erie there are many places to buy stuff nowhere near as good as your effort. Enter the contest if for no other reason than to get your name out there. It really is very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...wow, that makes me feel good!! Thanks Chuck.

      Delete
  9. Much success on your art piece! It looks great and I love the play on words - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{Karin}}} Long time no see...hope you're doing well, and thanks a ton for the sweet words of encouragement.

      Delete
  10. I think this painting looks professional! good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantasy works of art. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Anni, I love your painting and the title Fish and Ships. Good Luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, keeping my fingers crossed. LOL

      Delete
  13. Fish and ships sounds good to me.

    And Fish and Chips are the perfect beach meal!

    Cheers - Stewart M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take fish n chips...but the 'ship' part...well, not for me thanks.

      Delete
  14. I like it - a lot! I wouldn't have thought of the port hole ... but then I'm not very creative. I can follow patterns, but I am not creative enough to come up with original plans/ideas. Even with quilts ... I've seen beautiful quilts from fabrics that I never would have been brave/creative enough to use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't like it at all..I LOVE it! lol Hello, dear Anni, don't faint, it's really me! lol I've been away much too long and now I feel in the right frame of mind to resume blogging again:-) I've so missed all of you! I'm being honest, I really do love your painting and I can't see why yours wouldn't have as good a chance of winning as any other entry. Really don't find it fair, though, that they're judging professionals and amateurs as equals. Oh and...love the play on words for the title of your painting:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{PEA}}}????? Is that really really YOU?
      Oh my....I must stop everything and rush right over....

      Delete

.