my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


...what would you do with $20k???




...this is a cactus blossom from a parent plant that I bought long ago, when living in Tucson, AZ. I moved the plant here, repotted it, and those arms that broke off, I just stuck in the ground and this is the result!!!




CONNECTING TO:
studio waterstone


_ _ _




MONDAY MORSELS


I read and viewed a video clip over the weekend about "Ivy"...a missing cat. Now, it's not a regular domestic cat, I'll give you that. But it's no less a family member of people that live in Chicago and were vacationing in California when their pet got loose and they had to return back to Illinois. Before they left, they posted a reward all over LaJolla California....for $5000!!!! If I had the money to just spend without blinking an eye and thinking of what other good use the amount is to purchase this breed...I'd do it in a heartbeat!!! If I understand correctly, the missing cat [NOW found and returned] is only a 2nd generation of the new, rare, breed. The breed? A Savannah. A successful cross breed between a Siamese and an African cat, the Serval. If I had 'money to burn'...and offered to purchase one said Savannah breed, my reply: In Ms. Palin's words....You Betcha!! Oh, and the original cost of one kitten? $20,000 [or more] Bud shakes his head in disbelief upon my reaction. LOL Oh really, I don't have the money, and I'd probably talk myself out of it 'cause I would think of how so many are starving and I would be sure to use the money much more wisely ---but then again, if I bought TWO [a male and a female] I could start a new enterprise. Wanna reserve a Hootin' Savannah, from Hootin's Catery, Inc.?


From News Media...used with permission to 'share'....

cat face photo borrowed from wikipedia - no infringement intended.

44 comments :

  1. Enjoy your week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you too my friend....good luck tomorrow with your eye appointment.

      Delete
  2. Cactus blossoms are simply fascinating! he he, thanks but no, thanks: we get regular visits from the neighbors' cat, that's enough for the time being :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...something so 'deadly' and having something so beautiful besides.

      Delete
  3. Love that cactus blossom! As for the new business...well, I think I would take a pass. It is a pretty cat though...just can't imagine that much money for it! Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, quite a hefty charge for a cat...but it's so cool.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous cactus blossom and the color is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very gorgeous bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A purple blossom with a tinge of yellow. Quite a perfect match. I seldom see cactus blossom. Beautiful capture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous bloom!
    I can't imagine paying that much for a cat, but I sure hope they find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me either. Unless I was a multimillionaire.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear the missing cat has been returned, and those ears! Very interesting looking creature. The blossom is amazing, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photo of the cactus blossom.

    I'm glad that the missing cat has been returned. If I had $20k to "burn", I have to say I wouldn't spend it on a cat. ;-) Too many cats waiting for good homes at shelters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...ya, I know, I agree about the cats...but look how exotic it is?

      Delete
  10. Beautiful macro flower you show Anni.
    Wishing you a good Monday / good new week :)
    Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flower is gorgeous! Have a fabulous week.

    Liz @ MLC
    Liz @ YACB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely bloom!
    Strange cat tale.
    Happy Macro Monday!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was für eine wunderschöne Blüte liebe Anni ♥

    Meine Vögel zeige ich am Mittwoch...ist das ok?

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tilda...thanks, and yes, you can link up on Wednesday at the Bird D'Pot.

      Delete
  14. Okay the cat is pretty, but I am allergic to cats. So no 20K for me!!
    I would travel and see the world.
    Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were to go 'round the world 20K would not be enough.

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous macro! I'm a sucker for a water drop covered flower! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me too. It gives a photo that extra 'umpf'!!

      Delete
  16. Savannahs are beautiful and extremely smart....and if I had one it would go where I went ALWAYS!! But I don't have 20K and besides I live with a Diva that I paid about 75.00. LOL Madi made me type that.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you go Madi!!!! You Diva, you.

      Delete
  17. Lovely cactus flower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. With 20K I'd give our son the down payment for his house! Medical expenses while a student in PA, for his wife who has ankylosing spondylitis, a son who at age 7 has arthritis, another son who is autistic and a daughter who had to have emergency bowel surgery, have necessitated that he return to Canada and find a job and continue his studies on the side. He is so close to completing his Ph.D.!! Their landlord now wants to sell the house they've been leasing and they'd like to buy a house instead of throwing $1500+ out for rent every month. 20K would be a God send!

    Love your cactus blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cactus, I see why you wanted to take it with you when you moved.
    While the cat is interesting and cute, I could not see paying that much money for Any pet, unless you just have money galore, which I do not nor ever will.
    If I had 20K, it would sure go a long way in solving several problems!!! One can dream, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd put a sunroom on the back of my house....one with windows that could be opened so it could be a screened room also....
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I've always dreamed of having a house on a cliff by the Pacific ocean with no one else around, and glass walls to see the sea 24/7

      Delete
  21. I am chuckling over this cat cost! Wow! But I suppose if you have it, do what you like with it! If I had 20k I would make sure I could fly on a whim to Kansas to see my baby boy in college! Sniff Sniff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it IS a huge sum for a CAT. That's for sure.

      Delete
  22. Beautiful blossoms. What would I do with them? Take their picture of course :)

    ReplyDelete

.