my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Weather or not...

Not too much to 'fragment' around here this week....

We have a tropical depression/storm [now named Ernesto] out there in the area we here in the Gulf will be watching closely. I saw these cloud formations as they came off Cape Verde in Africa at the beginning of the week and told Bud that it'll probably become something before the week's out. I also predicted that the storm track will be between the Mexico's Yucatan and Cuba and head along into the Gulf of Mexico. We'll see just how close I am. I had it in mind by the location when it came off Africa that it'd head toward Texas between Houston and Rockport Texas coastlines....but now I may change my prediction and go with maybe Mobile Alabama? Only time will tell.

A long distance friend, from Denmark, informed me in an email that she found a lump by her breast and that no medications for now seem to relieve the pressure. She's scared - will have a biopsy and then she will know what the outcome will be. Please keep her in prayer and thoughts. I don't know if I'm allowed to inform you of her age...but...she's in her 80s [and has always been very young at heart and I hope she will continue with positive ways!!!!] So many times she has been MY strength!! Her online nickname is Mutti.

The other day I posted that we drove through the countryside to end up in Alice TX....I also posted some cotton fields and zoomed in to photograph the cotton balls. Well, I guess around us...in other counties the cotton crop production was good....not excellent, but still much better than the crops in our county. The cotton farmers here in the area I live in are claiming losses with the insurance companies....sad. Wish we'd get some much needed rain. When we're out driving around everything is so brown and 'crunchy' looking.

Maybe the El Nino will return to us and give us too much rainfall this coming season. Or is it La Nina? I can't remember which is which. But I think El Nino produces rainy atmosphere. :::shrug:::

...and just maybe if we're not hit by a tropical storm in the following days to come, or a hurricane, maybe we will get some rainfall?!!!

Oh ya, finally it's August!! [just in case you didn't realize it. LOL] August 7th, GRIMM comes out in DVD. I'll be there buying the 1st season set.




CONNECTING TO:

Mommy's Idea

22 comments :

  1. I can't believe that it is August already, shame about the cotton in your part of the country.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's Friday for you NOW dear one. Enjoy.

      Delete
  2. The farmers here in the extreme eastern part of the state are thinking they MAY have had enough rain to salvage the crops...but in the western part, they are still very dry! My 83-year-old aunt has always had a garden, but she said there was no way she could keep up with the watering this year and not be concerned about the well. Hope Ernesto brings you the rain - long, soaking rains - without the accompanying winds! (P.S. there was no photo - did you intend to put one in?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...nope, no pictures today. Nothing to photograph for my fragments. Blah, blah, blah. LOL

      Delete
  3. The year sure is flying by in a hurry. So sorry to hear about your friend. Sending thoughts and prayers her way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for the prayers Ann. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. We finally got some much needed rain last night, but it's too late for the corn crop. I feel for the farmers. The birds were out having fun playing in the puddles this morning. By the way, would you mind linking my post to Bird D'pot when the link is up. I'm going to be out of town, but wanted to participate. Wishing you rain! Thanks, Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'll link it up for you....have a safe trip and enjoy the 1st birthday celebration!!

      Delete
  5. It's alarming to hear how wide and how sever the drought is in the US. These disasters affect food prices for everyone, not just in the US,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....and they'll skyrocket in prices sooner or later...and I'm sure it'll be SOONER.

      Delete
  6. I think it's El Nino, too, Anni, that brings you rain. We can hope, right? Very sad season for farmers all across the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that makes two of us then. El Nino. Either one tho, having nothing to do with gender....LOL....creates havoc.

      Delete
  7. Farmers here are starting to turn under their crops. :-( Hoping Ernesto brings you rain (without the hurricane-force winds) ... and that he will continue on up to the Midwest and bring us some rain, too.

    Praying for your friend. I remember how I felt when I found a lump ... praise God it was benign ... praying the same for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't grow cotton up here but what we do grow is burnt to a crisp.

    Every single day I'm sca.ning the horizon for rain producing clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy your newsy posts Anni but was so sorry to read about your friend. I will keep her in my prayers and be sending her lots of healing energies her way. Hope the storm fizzles out. I haven't watched the weather lately, other than the fact that we have been getting some much needed rain in my part of Virginia. Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anni
    Prayers and thoughts for Mutti...please keep us posted.

    I know you are in desperate need of rain but I hope the hurricane force winds will stay away.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so sad that just last year so many places were flooded and now a lot of those same places are in drought conditions with the rest of the country. Last week e went for a drive and the difference between the corn closer tot he city and farther out was devastating. We've had just a little rain near the city, but it's still more than the farmers farther out have had.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weighing in on your drought conditions----I understand and Wisconsin is touchingly thankful for every little drop of rain.

    I'll be praying for Mutti as well. Thankfully we now hear of a great many long term survivors (if it should turn out to be a malignancy). My dear sister is a survivor---and I'm grateful every single day!

    I'm impressed with your vision, spotting storms off the coast of Africa! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping the storm isn't too severe! August brings winds to us, and thankfully they have started - always a good sign when the seasons behave the way they should! Thinking of Mutti and praying that there is no serious disease. Have a lovely week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I heard that Georgia is actual in a worse drought than much of the country. I can tell you that things here are dry, brown, & brittle. I am beginning to think this is the new normal.

    Best wishes to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hoping you get some of Ernesto's rain ... but none of his winds. Hope he's got enough rain to be able to continue north to the Midwest ... to bring us some.

    ReplyDelete

.