my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


The sweet sound of Rod...



I am sailing, I am sailing.
home again, 'cross the sea.

I am sailing stormy waters
To be near you, to be free

I am flying, I am flying
Like a bird 'cross the sky

I am flying, passing high clouds
To be near you, to be free

Can you hear me, can you hear me
through the dark night far away

I am dying, forever crying
To be with you, who can say

Can you hear me, can you hear me
through the dark night far away

I am dying, forever crying
To be with you, who can say

We are sailing, we are sailing
Home again 'cross the sea
We are sailing stormy waters

To be near you, to be free

To be near you, to be free

To be near you, to be free

To be near you, to be free



embedded mp3 from iif.hu
Rod Stewart - I am Sailing

photo credits: sail boat going out from downtown marina, sunrise bird flight [enlarge], harbor lights parade [3rd and 4th], fishing boat going out to sea





CONNECTING TO:




_ _ _







MIAMI (AP) — The 8-year-old twins love their iPad. They draw, play games and expand their vocabulary. Their family's teenagers also like the hand-held computer tablets, too, but the clan's elders show no interest. They're orangutans at Miami's Jungle Island...





as always the comments are the best part of these articles. Here are a few....

rookgaroo posted: Things were a lot more personal in my day. Back then, if orangutans wanted to communicate they'd pick up the phone, or sit down and write a letter.

joost posted: The next time you are being chatted up in a singles chat-room, you have more to worry about than the actual gender of the person with whom you are chatting.

dontlikeit_cry posted: Big deal...They've been doing that in Washington for years.

Charles posted: It is bad enough that my pre-school grandchildren know more about how to use the iPad than I do, but I refuse to ask orangutans for help.

part time posted: Maybe Clint Eastwood could make a sequel to Every Which Way But Loose, crossed with Million Dollar Baby, called Million Dollar Ape, a story about a boxing Orangutan that rides shotgun with a GPS, punches out biker gangs when they pull up next to the truck, writes apps for iPads and iPhones and fights in the new All-Animal classification of MMA.

spunky posted: I saw one and read, it had on it - "Hey Joe, let's plan our escape and go to Red Robins..I hear they have great banana splits.........sounds good Bo................"



---and last one

Don posted: Just wait till they learn how to order take out....





full article found here
no infringement intended.

22 comments :

  1. Oh Anni, that's my favorite Rod Stewart song. You and I were on the same wave length with musical choices today.

    Those comments are funny, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's a favorite of mine too, but I think all of Rod Stewart [not just his voice LOL] is my favorite.

      Delete
  2. The song was so wonderful and the images perfect! I love this one! I have to find out how to imbed the mp3 though - I wanted to do it with "Arlington" today, but could only figure out how to do the YouTube, so I didn't. As for the article and the comments...I love the strange stuff you manage to find! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...find a site that has embed codes for MP3s, and you're in like flint. :o)

      Delete
  3. Good song, great photo's too! As usual, the comments are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed everything Mari.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful song by Rod and gorgeous pictures...love the sunset.
    Love the iPad story.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post this week M&M.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the great song, and the always funny comments! Hope you had a great Independence Day, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'll just bet you went hiking maybe? Hope your 4th was a good one.

      Delete
  6. Very good blend between photos and the song. I love Rod Stewart songs. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I love Rod Stewart, period. LOL

      Delete
  7. Perfect photos to go with that song, Anni...

    AND--I also loved the comments those people gave... GREAT!

    Have a great day.
    Hug,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that song but I loved seeing the boats in red,white and blue lights.
    Funny as always.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you stopped by then, and heard a new song.

      Delete
  9. Good gravy lady!
    Where have you been???

    Hope you had a happy 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wondering about you Harriet....but could not get into your blogger profile ever. Hope you've been doing well.

      Delete
  10. Love the Rod Steward song and the photos to go with it.
    Too funny with those comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...this week's trash talk isn't all that funny for me....seems the commentors are trying too hard to be comical and it's not coming across that way for me. Call me iron lady. LOL

      Delete

.