“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Family, traditions, and tin...

Tomorrow is the 4th of July...What better time to show off my baseball cap - all hand stitched with red, white and blue sequins and gold beads around the stars----It's as "American" as baseball, an old tradition in our country, but most of all, tradition in our own household:




_ _ _


Tina's Picstory challenge this week is *old * I posted these just a little over two years ago, I went back to my blogger admin and typed in family --- tho, this is not what I had in mind to begin with [I was looking for my grandmother's wedding portrait to share], I am going to settle for this "old" post all about "old" tintypes I have in my possession. They're all relatives, but I don't know who they all are, one is a great grandmother Ann ---as you know I was named after my mother's sister, Annie ---but my great grandmother's name was Ann, so I'm nearly 100% positive we both carried her namesake....










CONNECTING TO:

36 comments :

  1. I love that cap!! I SO need more sequins. Reminds me of my daughter's synchronized swim days when I sewed thousands of seguins on their competition suits!

    Great vintage photos. I have a wall of vintage from both my family and Louis Dean's in our dining room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....mmmmm, I'd love to see your wall in the dining room.

      Delete
  2. Happy 4th of July, I love your cap, it is perfect for such an important day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....glad you liked my cap.

      Delete
  3. What a great cap! I love your choice for old too - those things are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the photos I shared Mari.

      Delete
  4. That cap is beautiful! You must be quite festive looking in it! And the old photos - what a great thing! I have a few old ones, and I cherish them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should actually keep 'em out, but they're packed away. LOL

      Delete
  5. Love the hat, jealous here. ;)
    I have tons of old pictures left by my mom and I have no idea who they are. Still, I can't toss them out. I'm writing names on the backs of the ones I know so my kids will know who they are. Love all those old photos. Rubbish by Roan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could remember where I bought it...I think the store was Forever XXI

      Delete
  6. I would wear that cap with pride, Anni. Happy Independence Day to you and yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DJan....and same to you too.

      Delete
  7. Nice cap! Happy 4th of July and Happy RT2!

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and taking time to comment Maria.

      Delete
  8. I love the baseball cap and I am sure you will wear it with pride on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom loves your hat and the old pictures are as per normal beautiful!!
    Happy 4th of July Eve
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fancy-dancy hat... NEAT!!!! Happy 4th to you.

    The old family pictures are awesome. I love it when names are passed on through the generations...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's a family tradition for a lot of people.

      Delete
  11. i like to see this old photos! thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that cap too = you need to take a picture of you in it. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I don't look too good in hats, so that won't be happenin'. LOL

      Delete
  13. A photo shoot back then was a serious affair, the subjects looking serious as no doubt, they wanted to look proper for the ages. These are true gems, the past nearly alive today...excellent red-white-blue hat - Happy July 4!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your old photos and your hat is fabulous, happy fourth!

    Visiting from Ruby Tuesday.

    Sliced Strawberries is my RT post. Come and see when you get a chance, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful series from your relatives! I love such nostalcig pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool cap.
    I had an aunt on my father's side who's name was Ann and my great great grandmother on my mother's side was Ann so I'm not sure which one I was named after or maybe it was both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I both have a bit of Ann's in our history then. Cool.

      Delete
  17. Such a good post, like your baseball cap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The old pictures are very nice! Great pics!

    lg
    elke

    ReplyDelete

.