my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




The Shell Game...










CONNECTING TO:




_ _ _


HODGEPODGE


1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please? Per your question, I'm gonna cover a current event that comes to mind...freedom is definitely NOT doing what you please...for example, this Sandusky case....he took liberties with others and did what he pleased....doesn't make it a freedom or a right. For me, a freedom is a privilege. Respect the privilege and you will in turn be respected by others. [no matter if by country, and our country's leaders, fellow peers, family and friends] If that sounds a bit arrogant, I'm sure to stand up and defend my freedom as an arrogant American!!!! [come back to my blog tomorrow and see what I mean!!!]

2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs? Char-grilled on an open fire...served on a bun with a light touch of mustard, melted cheese sauce and pickled jalapeno peppers.

3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu? Oh my, I never thought of this...goodness....maybe pepperoni pizza?!!

4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy? Neither....I'm no dictator. Nor is the home run by a democracy...a democracy is ruled by a supreme power that was elected. First off, I wasn't elected, I chose my position. Secondly, I think it's now an equal policy rule here...it's just two of us. In fact, it's more the CATS RULE. Hairballs...feed me...clean my dishes, change my litter box...yep, it's a CATSle, not castle, around here!!!

5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid? Anywhere as long as I was on vacation from school for the summer, playing jump rope next door, the city pool, a park, camping in the mountains, fishing with my dad, traveling; things like that and no particular 'favorite'.

6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there? Yes, and yes....beats paying for a room in a motel/hotel.

7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday? We're a boring couple. Fireworks banned...heavy traffic in the city and on the beaches...late night neighborhood parties....nope, not for us - we just eat our hot dogs, baked beans and potato salad, watch a movie, go to bed and wake up on the 5th of July.

8. Insert your own random thought here. Ohhhhhh, those poor Coloradoans. Not only the extreme wildfires now, but the record setting temperatures of above 100 degrees?!!! Yesterday, Denver broke a record --- 105!!! Whoa. I must call my sister. She lives on the Western Slope; find out how hot it is in the San Juan Mountain regions. Actually, we had two days above 100 here, with the humidity factored in, we're melting. But, that is to be expected HERE....NOT in Colorado!!!






CONNECTING TO:

46 comments :

  1. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your comments in Hodgepodge - so many similarities. Do you suppose that comes with getting older, or have we always been this way? Thanks for linking up again this week to WWA. I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....you're welcome, of course you know I am a bit biased...Wordless has a whole new meaning with you hosting.

      Delete
  3. Love those turtles!
    I liked your comment that the cats rule. So true!
    I can't believe the fires in Colorado. Andy was based there for several years and many of the places we see on the news, we visited. It's hard to take in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene sent me a couple of photos of the Colorado Springs area and the fires....I will have to get them out of the email, save 'em and share them...probably on my Friday Fragments.

      Delete
  4. Perfect title for your photos!!! Hope your sister is safe in Co. those wild fires are taking over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked with her, and she said they're inhaling smoke from the Utah fires.

      Delete
  5. The fires are terrible-hoping your sister is safe in Colorado. Fireworks will be banned in my area if the heat continues and no rain :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that first picture of the turtles with their reflections in the water. Ha-we often say the dog rules the roost around here : )

    The news and pictures from Colorado is so very tragic. My dad grew up outside of Denver and my grandparents had a big farm there. Such a staggeringly beautiful state, so sad to think of all the beauty lost and homes destroyed, peoples lives turned upside down. They are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean, I too was a resident Coloradoan for over 40 years, and to see this, it's just incredibly unbelievable.

      Delete
  7. Is it a big fire in Colorado. Og my.. I didn't know that.
    Liked your answers :-)
    Mormor Norway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love learning more about you Anni and those turtles are so cool - sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. learning about me...is it a good learning experience? LOL [kidding]

      Delete
  9. Anni we love your turtle pictures...but then we love all of your pictures of nature and flowers.

    SYNCHRONIZED SNOOZING
    Hosted by The Island Cats
    http://www.island-cats.com/?p=18329
    Everybuddy can compete ~ submit your photos please by July 13.

    There is also a singles sleeping event sponsored by Oskar the Woofie
    you may see the entire list of events at
    http://petblogginggames.com/
    We hope you can find one for Winston and Tahoe.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fire in Colorado is so heartbreaking.

    I love those pictures of the turtles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes it is...especially when so many familiar places for us are charred to the ground.

      Delete
  11. Wunderschöne Fotos liebe Anni.

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 'Tilda...you always say such positive things, and I greatly appreciate it.

      Delete
  12. You never fail to have an interesting post! Love your pics AND your words!

    You are so right! We EXPECT Texas to be hot and dangerous in the summer - NOT Colorado!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.....I always missed Colorado Summer nights 'cause it would cool done nicely...but lately, the humidity is quite high there also.

      Delete
  13. Great turtle shots.
    Love reading your writings :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the turtle pics! We saw a turtle on vacation, but I got pictures of his head sticking out of the water, not all of him!

    LOL, our cats are the "Benevolent Dictators" here too!!

    I agree with a prayer for Colorado. The temps are just crazy right now! We're looking to break a record in northwest Ohio tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be hot just about everywhere you go these days. Hope it's not a sign of what the summer'll be like in its entirety.

      Delete
  15. Great photos! I especially like that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by and enjoyed your visit!!

      Delete
  16. Cool turtle pictures.
    I celebrate the 4th just about the same way you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure y'all will be in the pool tho.

      Delete
  17. I love the turtles AND the reflections you captured! You are certainly not boring people, at least not according to your blog and all that you do and see!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...when it comes to celebrating holidays we have never been ones to overdo...well, except for maybe decorating. LOL

      Delete
  18. Had to chuckle at your answer for #7. I'm not one for partying, so I definitely connected with that answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I've never been much good in a party atmosphere.

      Delete
  19. Enjoyed the turtle photos! So cool! Loved the #7 too - that's us in a nutshell! Love the freedoms answer - totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish everyone thought the way you and I do...what a happy country it'd be.

      Delete
  20. While looking at the photos my mind is singing "row, row, row your boat" hahahaha. Thanks for joining Water World Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now you've got me singing the song...will be all day probably. LOL Thanks Kim, for hosting and for paying me a visit.

      Delete
  21. Hi Anni! Hope you're enjoying summer. And for a minute I thought your little "shellies" were riding on a live log! Love those barnacled shells and those little paddling "feet" below the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye....it's nice to see you here again. It's been a while. Hope you are enjoying YOUR summer too.

      Delete
  22. Wow.I always lvoe turtles. Beautiful photos.

    Sorry for the late visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries....the old adage goes....better late than never!!

      Delete

.