my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


I'm American and Proud of it!!



If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I'd worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I'd thank my lucky stars,
to be livin' here today.
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom,

and they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,

who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,

From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,

and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.

'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

And I'm proud to be and American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,

God bless the USA.







GOD BLESS THE USA!!!


CONNECTING TO:

photo credits:  American Flag lights in our dining room, Frank...a good friend who was Killed in Action in Viet Nam, prairie wildflowers in Texas this Spring, Flags in Kingsville, Texas,  the Skyline of Houston Texas [just part of it], and resin Betsy Ross gracing our dining room table this week, flag atop a building downtown.

28 comments :

  1. Wonderful images to look at as the song plays in the background. The little Betsy Ross is so cute. Our little town just recently lost a young soldier who had graduated not long ago from one of the local high schools. His loss makes this song even more meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SQ....as I always enjoy YOUR themesong also.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Anni, this one always moved me to tears! Your photos were wonderful and the reminder so timely. I AM proud to be an American, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your reminder, and for hosting this meme. It is truly one of my very favorites - I spend all week thinking about what I can do for the next week! Have a wonderful day, my friend. I am proud to be an American, and proud to know you as a friend! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too...in fact when I was uploading the photos and the song was playing in the background, tears flowed.

      Delete
  3. Morning Anni what an excellent selection and timely song and one of my favorites
    I love your pictures
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good choice! I love the song and the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Anni! I was in a hurry yesterday so I didn't comment, but I need to say hello so you know I'm here! I'm proud to be an American!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's a thing called LIFE DJan...and we do need to take time away from the computer to live it. I understand.

      Delete
  6. Amen sister. They play this song during the Stone Mountain Lazar show every night in the summer and it is AWESOME! I'm proud to be an American also. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to petition that this be our national anthem. :o)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. ...same from me to you Ms. S.

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful song and your photos are always right on the mark.
    I really like that little figurine that you added,so cute!!
    I am finally getting around to visiting. Missed you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{Sharon}}} It's been a while since you've stopped by...you've been on my mind, and I'll tell you 'bout it in your comment box on your blog.

      Delete
  9. One of my favorite patriotic songs, Anni.. I love it... Love your photos to go along with it... Terrific...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to see you take time to stop by...you've been missed.

      Delete
  10. I love this song, and AM very proud to be an American! This song is always a part of the Fourth of July fireworks celebration in our town and I always look forward to hearing it! Great photos, I especially like the flag lights.
    Thank You for being our gracious host of this wonderful meme!
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be my all time favorite 'patriot' song.

      Delete
  11. I have always admired the patriotism Americans are proud to show. I love Canada, and am very happy to be a Canadian, but I sometimes wish we were more exuberant in displaying our patriotism.
    Well done, Anni.
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I truly think the Canadians are just as proud if not more so.

      Delete
  12. I have always loved this song, it gives me goose bumps every time I hear it. Love all the images you used to go along with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me too, mixed with tears of pride.

      Delete
  13. Amen. This was played at my big brothers funeral, miss him so very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...aww, then it's bitter sweet for you dear one.

      Delete
  14. GREAT post!! On today of all days!! Thank you.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, I'll take the 5th on 'that day'. I'm not really sure what my reactions are on the outcome.

      Delete

.