my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




"Hot" town, summer in the city....


  • I'm happy to announce that my birding blog made it to several sites' listings as potential outstanding birding blogs on the 'net.   One was/is BIRDING TOP 1000 [at the beginning, my blog stats started out #1082, now as I type this, my photo blog stands at #648!! - all thanks to visitors like you!]  I appreciate it.
  • We've experienced a couple of heat advisories this past week....stay indoors if possible.
  • On my Wednesday Hodgepodge post I mentioned the extreme fire hazards that the state of Colorado is experiencing. I did call my sister, and they're doing okay, but on the Western Slope of Colorado, they are breathing the smoke from the fires in.......UTAH!! And she said they too are having 100+ in temps. That is unbelievable...high in the mountainous areas, that hot. Whoa. Anyway, Irene sent me a couple of images through the email of Bud's home town...Colorado Springs [I read also that Garden of the Gods was closed and the Air Force Academy is in danger of fires so close]. Anyway, here are the two images that Irene sent me [they're not mine...I know not where she got them; probably from some of her buddies back in Colorado] ---

  • The area of the fires above is of Waldo Canyon...just west and a bit north of downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado.
  • I'm still hot on the trail for some of my Brother in law's Norwegian relatives!! What an experience...this language has become a barrier in a way for me, but I prevail.
  • To PAWS a bit, and inform y'all...

    Across the world....across the town....across the land of Blog....hear ye, hear ye, there is in the wings of Summer....an Olympic Event....



    Check out the listing of events, click on logo...and see if you can participate. We're all winners!!! A couple of events Tahoe and Winston just may excel in :
      Couch Potato Peeling
      Crazy Sleeping Singles and Synchronized Sleepers















  • CONNECTING TO:
    Mommy's Idea

    30 comments :

    1. Congratulations on the bird blog! You always have interesting stuff on this one - for some reason, I have failed to get over to that one yet...going today! I always seem to be running behind...I really need to get more organized and focused! Is it a sign of age that I am so easily distracted these days???

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for the encouraging words Linda.

        Delete
    2. Heat advisories are necessary, but I do wonder at some of the cautions like, "Drink plenty of water," as if we wouldn't know that...

      ReplyDelete
    3. I also congratulate you on your blog fame, Anni. I'll go over and visit you there, although I continue to enjoy your humor and interesting links over here. You're the best in my book! :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. We've got a storm moving in....I need to shut things down and unplug. I don't have the luxury of a laptop. LOL

        Delete
    4. Hey, Anni, its in the 100s+ here in Alabama, also...we're closing in on 4 weeks without rain, everything is so dry...one good thing about it is we're having few mosquitoes...look for the good in all things.....Happy hunting,
      Mama Bear

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. we need rains so desperately....lots of it....but not all at once. LOL

        Delete
    5. Congrats on the birding blog!
      The fires are just incredible. Our son was based near Colorado Springs for 2 years and we visited many of those places. It's so sad to see all the loss.
      It's been very hot here to - almost 100 yesterday which is very unusual for us.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Mari....but, oh my nearly 100 in MI?!! Whoa.

        Delete
    6. Congrats on the bloggy success and even more importantly that your family is okay. Those fires are scary indeed.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ya, but I haven't reached my brother yet, who lives in Arvada.

        Delete
    7. Those fires in CO are really something.

      Congrats on your bird blog successes.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Congratulations on your bird blog, I have really been enjoying it! Now finally,these are two Olympic events I can enter and win!!!! Try to stay cool this weekend!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. LOL....me too, but we'd have to get down on all fours to be even considered an 'eligible entry'. And, Thanks Ginny.

        Delete
    9. Hi Anni we have certsinlly be praying for all the folks in Colorado Springs and the other cities in it's path.
      I, madi, am so very happy to read Tahoe and Winston are signed up and training for the Olympics.
      Fun times to be had by all
      Hugs
      Madi and mom

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...well, they haven't signed up as yet, I understand that the date of entry is July something or other. LOL....that means I've got plenty of time to 'train' them. LOL

        Delete
    10. oh wow, my daughter used to live in Colorado Springs. It's a good thing she doesn't now or I would be worried sick.
      Keep cool and enjoy your weekend. Oh and way to go with your birding blog

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know just what you mean!!! Thanks Ann.

        Delete
    11. Congratulations on your bird blog! It's hot everywhere these days and we only get out in the evening or early mornings......I feel so for the people in Colorado and pray for rain and lots of it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hope this is not a prelude to a long, LONG hot summer, don't you?

        Delete
    12. We always KNEW your blog is exceptional!!
      Such scary times with the fires. Last year it was here in Texas. We expect that in some degree but COLORADO?? Who would have thought?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Shucks....
        Let's just hope that all these fires will soon die out and the badly needed rains and lower temps [nation wide] will come sooner than later!!!

        Delete
    13. Congrats on your bird blog! Glad your family is safe. And stay inside.

      sandie

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I wish I COULD be outdoors....this is boring here inside the house all day.

        Delete
    14. Congrats on your bird blog.

      ReplyDelete
    15. I heard today that the canyon fire is about 75% under control. I pity the folks affected by the other 25%. This sure has been a couple of strange seasons...

      Congrats on the success of your bird blog! Keep up the good work :)

      ReplyDelete

    .